Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Hold the Pickles, please! aka The ALL-Pickles thread! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hold the Pickles, please! aka The ALL-Pickles thread!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

-
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Soooo CUTE.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
AWWWWWWWWW MY GAWWWWWWD!!!! Must squeeze Pickles!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
I dunno', that MLLASH guy seems pretty conservative. Is he up for that sort of thing...?

heh heh heh!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Pickles Sorrell from the Dick Van Dyke show (2 different actresses)

-
 -

Neither is as cute as Cobie's Pickles

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Little known secret: I stole the name Pickles from Lash and EDE and my wife (not knowing where I got it) loved it so much that it stuck.

IIRC, it was EDE who wrote the sequence in Matter-Eater Lad: The Series that has Dr. Mayavale telling about his former life (and death) as Pickles the puppy.

But knowing it inspired your dog's name is just about one of my proudest Legion World moments!

I think I'll go read those scripts in BITS, it's been a while...!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GREAT HONKIN' SPACE!!!

I made a detour to reread my TRASH LASS, GIRL GARBAGE COLLECTOR 1-5 scripts, and found THIS from issue 2... I had totally forgotten about Big Siren's REAL name...

posted October 09, 2004 02:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAGE 2

Panel 1

*Brenda towelling off*

caption: Last night's battle with Pustule, Hen-Pecker and Vermin has my nerves so shot I'm thinking in plot synopses!

Panel 2

*Brenda towel-drying hair*

caption: And I sure was lucky to have foundan ally like the Savage She-He... even though there's something really familiar about him. Or her.

Panel 3

*Brenda wrapped in towel, blow-drying hair*

caption: But there's little time to worry about it now... I've got to get to work!

Panel 4

caption: Meanwhile, in deep space... a colossal meteor barrels on an unerring path toward Earth!

Panel 5

*meteor approaching earth*

caption: As the earthlings go on about their humdrum lives, they are blissfully unaware of the celestial doom that approaches their planet at breakneck speed!

Panel 6

caption: And speaking of humdrum lives, let's check in at the Memphis Department of Sanitation office...

*scene shows a rather dowdy woman sitting at a desk, with a name-plate that reads JOSIE PICKLES, Secretary

Josie: *Sigh*

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Character actress Christina Pickles:

-

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
 -

Hold the Pickles indeed! teehee!!!

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
My former HM had a Siamese cat named Pickles.

[Streaky]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The wing joint we just got back from patronizing this evening actually has fried pickles on their menu. We've been going there for two years and I've yet to work up the nerve to try one...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
After failing to find a store which sells them, I made Lebanese-style pickled turnips last summer. Delicious!

But not as cute as Cobie's dog.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

^ [Big Grin]

I know I have more pictures of Pickles...maybe I'll get them from my wife's facebook and post them shortly...

PS - fried pickles are awesome! I get them in Oklahoma everytime I go.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.