Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » "A Descent into the Maelström" (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "A Descent into the Maelström"
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
*Suddenly without warning after 24 hours of nonstop carnage and death, the swarms of bees suddenly stop*

*The sun breaks through for the first time in a day. A few dead bees litter the grounds but for the most part they are simply gone*

Within midst of downtown Legion World, carved into the metallic pavement, the bees had stung away to reveal a message left along the street*

A Descent into the Maelström

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<flies into the center of the message, as citizens begin to come out of hiding and a form an on-looking crowd>

...All kinds of crazy...

He appears of nowhere causing chaos and is gone just as soon. And for what? What did it accomplish other than terrorize us? Or was that it?

Or was it a distraction for something else?

If his attacks are in this blitzkrieg manner, we'll never find him...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Kid looked on the message. Anagram? No, that would acquire intelligence. Red Bee clearly is not a tactician. Question Kid turned to Cobalt Kid, "He made the wind, let him harvest the whirlwind*. I'm at your service for whatever needs to be done."

OCC: *= Have to match your Nazi reference with the Soviet's response when they invaded Berlin. )

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That's precisely what he wants you to think--that he's a wild card. It's all a part of his strategy. The truth is he is a master tactician.

I'd wager the last 24 hours of carnage were a distraction to keep us occupied for the Bee to accomplish some other purpose.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev flies up.

"I do thank the gods that he stopped. The sun feels good and I don't know how much more I could have used my heat vision at that intensity."

He looked around. "It's hard to believe that one man with bees could do this much damage."

He moved a little closer to Cobalt Kid.

"Furball is almost to OoS headquarters with you know who. You may want to head back there."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Sounds good.

Hard to say if this message is him being poetic in his own sick mind or taunting us with a clue. I'll tell Lardy to have some people stationed here.

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Sir Roy and Red Arrow arrive...

It feels good to be rid of the impure thoughts haunting me these last few months. Rockhopper Lad has reminded me of what I stand for.

Now I shall use whatever skills I have to defend the citizenry of Legion World.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"I wish I could say the same, Sir Roy. All those files brought back bad memories," Red Arrow said. My father...spied...betrayed...a super-team. He kept dossier files on everyone for years and massacred them at their weakest point. I remember standing there and him patting me on the head and telling me to go to mommy. She sent me away to another universe, so I wouldn't be raised the super-villains I count as relatives. Ever since I started hanging out with Question Kid my memories have begun to reassemble themselves. (In case anyone doesn't know italics mean thoughts)

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I keep returning to this spot...like I expect he'll be here.

Dev's squad was victorious in one way--they proved the Bee can be worn down after awhile. As if his energy supply is limited and can be depleted over time. If we can use that to our advantage...

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"It's about time you came for me," Question Lad smiled. "We have to end this quickly, but the way you are fighting this will be a long war."

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Up until now we've been all over the map. We've been scattered and half of us have been hurt. We've spent so much time trying to find the Bee, we haven't figured out how we can beat him.

But Dev has come up with an excellent strategy to lure the Bee to us. Good enough where we need to go on the assumption it will work.

And that's where you come in. We know the Bee's power can be depleted. But even when slightly depleted, he still could practically kill two of us.

But...if we could cut his power in half from the get-go...and then pour it on...

It's a lot to ask of you. Absorbing that much of his power means absorbing that much of his madness. You may never the same.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev lands. He looks the best he's looked in years...and that surprises Des. His face however is saddened, as he's just found out news that he has been dreading, but expecting.

"Hey Cobie, Kid. Timberwolf and Hot Chick are on their way here too. Lon told me that Sharky is not happy about missing out on the last melee, and wants in if we come across it again."

He pulls Des to the side, "have you talked to Lolita about the plan? Is she up for it?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You better believe it. No ones hates the Bee like her. She'll be meeting us shortly. From here on out, she's in on it.
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf and Hot Chick land.

He just stares at Question Kid. "We could have used your help yesterday."

He turns away before Question Kid can respond. "What's the plan boss men?" He says to Des and Dev with a smile. He pats two guns on his hips. "These aren;t probably going to do much except annoy the hell out of him...but if I can manage at least that...I'm happy." He looks back at Hot Chick, "or at least happier."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Don't be so quick to judge QK. I purposely asked him to hold back and not engage the Bee thus far. The Bee has no clue who he is or what he can do...maybe this will lull him into a false sense of security.

Some aces who hold up your sleeve for awhile.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.