Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » "A Descent into the Maelström" (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "A Descent into the Maelström"
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf nods his head. "Alright then. After Rimbor, I trust your judgment on things like that."

"So we wait then," he says and grabs Hot Chicks hand. "Call us when it's ready." He says with a wink and they fly off.

[ March 05, 2011, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Timber Wolf ]

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev looks at Cobalt, "I have some things to check on, then I want to go to Medicus II and check on our friends. I'll be in touch."

He turns and flies off.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Don't be so quick to judge QK. I purposely asked him to hold back and not engage the Bee thus far. The Bee has no clue who he is or what he can do...maybe this will lull him into a false sense of security.

Some aces who hold up your sleeve for awhile.

"Thank you. It's nice to know someone other than Red Arrow and I understand strategy. I will risk my sanity for this cause. On that note, since I'm willing to do that I demand a mixed team. We need intelligence as well as power in this fight," Question Lad explained.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt smiles but it's a grin that shows little humor--a smile he's famous for among his closest allies>

QK, you need to understand one thing. I'll hear no demands from friend nor foe, from ally nor enemy. If we do this, we work together and you've got to be able to follow our lead if things go wrong. Know that this is our only plan that sounds like it'll work...so you'll have a broad mix of everyone whose available with you.

<puts a hand on QK's shoulder making sure no bare skim touches>

Everyone will have something to add. Know that I appreciate the sacrifice you're willing to make.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
He bit his tongue and held back the long rant he prepared about strategy and prep. "I will follow your command," Question Kid says. "Where are we going from here?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobalt recognizes QK's not pushing it and appreciates it.>

We need to make sure our forces are in position so Dev's plan isn't wasted. And then find the right location...

<suddenly, Cobalt's omni-com goes off>

There have been sightings of...Lard Bots?!! A few scattered sightings around Legionopolis...but Lardy made it seem like he wasn't going to use them!

No, no, no...now is not the time for this distraction! C'mon QK, we've got to find out what the story is with these things! Otherwise the whole plan will be out of focus!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"I think a better thing to ask right now is not whose controlling them, but where are they stored?" Question Kid smiled. I think I know who is behind this, but I won't say. I like her too much and frankly she scares me. Really don't want to be responsible for her becoming some sort of evil genius.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"I may know the answer to that one Question Lad," Dev says as he flies up to them. "I was doing a routine scan of the Security Office a couple days ago and there was a null space there. Something my vision couldn't process. That might be where he kept them if it was some sort of tesseract. It would make sense that he would want them close...but I can;t see how he could have activated them, I just left him and he;s pretty out of it and without any equipment to do it."

[ March 05, 2011, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"Hmm...then we just need a key. Let's go test our security systems, shall we?" Question Kid said.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"Let's go." Dev said.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"Alright. I know the way too," He says. Question Kid said.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004397

He pulled out a wireless device and began going into the files. "Passwords have been encrypted and changed as of yesterday by Chief Lardy...hmmm. This will be interesting."

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, any luck? Was it a freak occurance or are they truly on the lose? Because the citizenry is already shell-shocked by the Red Bee...
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"No, I think you are falling into illogic. A is A and B is B. These robots were created for our side, so whoever is controlling them is on our side," Question Kid said.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

"But why now...and who activated them without authorization?"
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"Only Lardy would name bots after himself," Timberwolf says as he and Hot Chick land.

"I wonder what the main function programmed into these things actually is?"

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.