Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Legion Companion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Companion
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just got the following message from Glen last night:

quote:
Just thought that I'd let people know that the Legion Companion has officially been sent to the printers, and barring any unforeseen disasters, acts of God, or delivery trucks getting hijacked on their way back from the printers, it could be in stores as early as
November 12 and certainly no later than November 19. Pre-press work has already begun on the book, so it's just a matter of time now. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience, and hope that they find it was all worth the wait in the end.

Thanks,

Glen

He also sent a copy of the final cover which I'll upload in a minute. Guess whatever they were waiting for from Steve they went ahead without it or maybe decided to use the animation submission anyway.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the final look for the cover:

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

An update from Glen Cardigan:

quote:
Just thought that I'd let people know that I spoke with the publisher, and unless things go awry at the printer, The Legion Companion should be leaving said location tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov. 5) and making its way to both Diamond and TwoMorrows via the open road.

Who gets what first is like a math equation: if two trucks leave Quebec driving x MPH and Truck A has y miles to go, whereas Truck B has y-z miles to go...Then the books ordered from the publisher have to be mailed out, whereas with Diamond, delivery trucks have to ship it again from their warehouses to comic book stores everywhere... so it's anybody's guess which customer will get it first. Diamond has it listed as being in stores Nov. 12, so that's a good sign.

To whet your appetite, here's a screenshot of the back cover. Please note that it is just a screenshot; actual colors may vary on the real thing.

Take care,

Glen

And here's the cover:

-

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Razz] <...droooooooooooooooooooooooool...> [Razz]

I am SO glad I'm getting this... it definitely looks like the wait is worth it! Depending on the actual release date, I could even receive it with my mid-November comics shipment...! [Cool]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait for this!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Steve ...

In the "Long Live the Legion!" picture printed on page 152: Who is that glowering at us through Superboy's "S"-shield at bottom-center?

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The glowering fellow is Nemesis Kid. That panel was originally the first text page of "Who's Who in the LSH" 1, from 1988.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
OK thanks. (I have that Who's Who mini, but it's been a looooooong time since I've looked at it!)
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Glen did a fantastic job on Legion Companion. The information gathered between the pages is awesome and priceless ... of course, it's easy for me to say that, since I was given a contributor's copy.

I just have to say that I really appreciate there being such a comprehensive Legion book out there.

If I'm at all disappointed, it is in the small size of some of the art. Many of the pieces that I thought would be full page illustrations turned out to be spot illoes, but I can live with that.

I would also have liked their to have been some note of distinction between full pages of finished art and relatively quick convention sketches. When you are drawing twenty sketches a day, at a convention, you don't ever really expect to see those sketches turning up in print ... beside pieces that may have taken a couple of days to complete.

All in all, a great book. One that I wholeheartedly recommend.

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I bought my copy on the weekend, and the tales of various GA creators' plights instantly lead me to try and donate some money to A.C.T.O.R. (A Committment to Our Roots), just to do my bit to ensure that this sort of thing never happens again.

However, their on-line donations system would only accept details from America. Hopefully soon they realise that there are charitable people all over the world who are really getting tired of the US-centrism inherent on the 'net.

[Frown]

WM

PS The Legion Companion is great. Don't let my tangential whinge dissuade you from checking it out! [Wink]

[ November 26, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeez - I'm a grumpy shit. [Wink]

(WM - the only poster to get in a flame war over his own conduct...)

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Shackleford
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Shackleford   Email Rusty Shackleford         Edit/Delete Post     
Just got around to reading Steve's interviews in the Companion. My basic response: "Man, this guy really loves the Legion!" I mean, I kinda had that idea before, but the details in the interview really display the passion that Steve brought to his work, and we readers certainly benefited.

It was very fun to read about the real origins of Tellus and Quislet. I guess those nitty gritty details might bore some folks, but I was loving it.

I'm kinda glad that Steve didn't get the Tales assignment, as that led to him getting the assignment on the regular book. For one, I think his art benefits from being on that nice Baxter paper (was that what it was called?). And V3 had stronger storylines than Tales, though I can't help but wonder how the [Dawnstar] story would have looked as drawn by Steve.

--------------------
Welcome to Legion World!
All credits accepted!
No Super-Rejects allowed!

From: Palm Bay FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.