Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » From Sketch to Inks (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: From Sketch to Inks
Hamz
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hamz   Author's Homepage   Email Hamz         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Barry,
Your artwork has made me very excited about this title. In fact, this is the most excited I've been about the Legion in a looonngg time.

Your "smiling" group sketch is fantastic. I love your new Ultra Boy costume. Is there any way we can see your character designs?? Especially of Lyle?

From: NW Indiana | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Barry !!

it's good to see that [Smile] picture again !!

i liked seeing ULTRA BOY center stage !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Jo looks great in the "grinning" page (I'm surprised Matt didn't buy that one)

i did almost choose that one, but i felt it was
[Cool] to have the sketch of the actual finished page, as it appeared in the issue !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i hope everyone can see how good the cape looks on SATURN GIRL, now !!!

it really does look great, just wait till you see #1 .....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

hey Barry !!

any plans to show your character design pages ??

i know everyone here would really [Love] to see them ....

Matthew.

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Barry, this looks great! Star Boy looks as great as ever, but I have to admit that Sun Boy looks a lot better than in the preview. If this is any indication, I really can't wait to see the finished product.

I also say this these are the best costumes Phantom Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Lightning Lad have ever had.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i hope everyone can see how good the cape looks on SATURN GIRL, now !!!

it really does look great, just wait till you see #1 .....

Matthew.

You're right, Matthew. This costume does look a lot nicer here than in the preview. It seems like not everything came through well in that preview. I would have liked to see new colors on Saturn Girl but I guess it's possible for her to change at some point.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing your work with us here. I just know December is gonna rock when the Legion gets back in action.
Looking forward to mmeting you in Dallas !

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks again everyone!
I'll try to get some of those design sheets to Nightcrawler today so they can be available before I head off to Dallas - I'm guessing starting a new thread with them on would be best?

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Thanks again everyone!
I'll try to get some of those design sheets to Nightcrawler today so they can be available before I head off to Dallas - I'm guessing starting a new thread with them on would be best?

[Cool] can't wait !!!

btw Barry, you could simply edit the title of this thread [ and say Updated ] or start a new one, whatever is easy for you [Smile]

Matthew.

Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Thanks again everyone!

SHould it be called "Barry does Dallas" ? ;-)

Joke aside, great job, Barry... To be honest, I wasn't convinced about the reboot/relaunchh/whateveryoucallit, mainly because I think Waid is often hit or miss... But I loved seeing your pages so far... So for the art alone, I'm in!

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Not only is his art pretty cool his sharing it here on this board!

Barry some questions...coloring? [Smile]

I really love the final job I saw on Lightning Lad's lightning! Was that something you all talked about or did the colorist take liberty? As i've mentioned dozens of times I love the animated colors! [Wink]

Karl Kesel! C'mon you can spill it! Not only is he a legendary Legion inker...he's a legendary inker! Plus I think he would look great over your style. The question IS has Kesel ever inked your work before?!

Thanks!

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the tip Matthew!

Hi Pariscub - Thanks...and don't worry I'll try to keep Mark in line [Smile]

Hi Jorge - Karl has inked my work - he did an issue when we worked together on the Adventures of Superman....he's not the superstar in question though [Smile]
The coloring was an idea Chris Blythe and I discussed and thought would work nicely.

[ October 27, 2004, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I have to agree with Nightcrawler and some others...I really, really like the sketch with the Legionnaires smiling. Feels a lot more hopeful!

I also like how much closer to the viewer a lot of the Legionnaires are! It's nice to see Imra and Lu closer and I'll never complain about getting another look at Ayla's new costume. I love it!

Imra's outfit is definitely growing on my now that the sketch and the #2 cover shed a little more light on the design.

Thanks again for sharing and for all the time you spend with us on Legion World!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Future - Thanks - it's a pleasure being here - I'm really glad the designs are growing on you!
[Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.