Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Wizard World Texas -- Waid/Kitson/Wacker discussion + sneak peak of Legion #1! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wizard World Texas -- Waid/Kitson/Wacker discussion + sneak peak of Legion #1!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
A few more spoilers:

When asked whether they had any back-up artists lined up, I believe the creators' response was that they didn't -- implying that Barry is committed to doing the art for at least all the issues they have planned so far. (And note that they've got roughly the first 36 issues planned out already.) I'm sure that this isn't set in stone, though.

There are no current plans to kill off any of the Legionnaires at this point. Again, keep in mind that this would seem to mean no deaths in the first three years -- but, of course, this too is probably subject to change.

The Legion isn't necessarily bound by what happens in the current DCU (i.e., present-day continuity). A lot will have happened between now and then. This, IMO, is a good thing.

Brainy doesn't appear much inside issue #1, but he and Dream Girl are the focus of issue #2.

If anyone remembers things differently, please chime in -- I find that my memory isn't what it used to be. [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe mondo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe mondo   Author's Homepage   Email joe mondo         Edit/Delete Post     
Kudos to STU for sharing so much information!!!

I'm dying to know more.

From: seattle | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Me, too. It's only a month away, but it still seems like forever.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow - thanks STU!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

A few more tidbits that have trickled into my memory since last night:

There won't be any "dedicated" speedsters in the Legion for now -- i.e., members like XS whose primary/sole power is super-speed. Ultra Boy (and possibly others), of course, has super-speed as one of his powers.

The Legion's rallying cry is...

Are you ready?

"Eat it, grandpa!"

[LOL]

Stu
Time Trapper

Something else I just remembered: the DC people were giving away a copy of "DC Horizon" (that freebie you usually get at your comic book store) that features six colored pages from Legion #1 (which contains some of the spoilers I mentioned above).

I don't recall seeing this issue of DC Horizon at my store, so I'm thinking it's probably one that hasn't been released yet -- and if so, will probably be made available very soon (maybe even today). If you don't already have a copy, keep an eye out for it at your store -- it's red and also features a sampler from the Deadshot mini-series on sale December 1.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
funny, my grandma says the same thing as the legion [Razz]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by STU Cat:
Something else I just remembered: the DC people were giving away a copy of "DC Horizon" (that freebie you usually get at your comic book store) that features six colored pages from Legion #1 (which contains some of the spoilers I mentioned above).

I don't recall seeing this issue of DC Horizon at my store, so I'm thinking it's probably one that hasn't been released yet -- and if so, will probably be made available very soon (maybe even today). If you don't already have a copy, keep an eye out for it at your store -- it's red and also features a sampler from the Deadshot mini-series on sale December 1.

Actually, I found out that it came out last week. So if you haven't seen it at your store yet, ask for it!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.