Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Bedard wanted more on Legion... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bedard wanted more on Legion...
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
From his interview to CBR:

What other characters in the DC sandbox are you itching to work with?

The funny thing about that question is that there are one or two standard answers, and for me that has always been the Legion and Aquaman for DC and Captain America and Iron Man for Marvel.

but, before that, he said...
What else do you have simmering in your pot?
There is a new series in the works that will be announced soon and debut near the end of the year. It’s completely different than “Birds of Prey” and the sort of thing I’ve wanted to do since “Negation” at Crossgen. It’s with a team that I’ve loved since I was starting to read comics, though I think they’ve been very underutilized since then, but I still have a huge love for them.

Basically, I can’t wait to talk about it, but I can’t yet.

Hummm, who could that be? Doom Patrol is coming back through Giffen and Infinity inc. is gone... Any ideas? Omega Men?

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Inferior Five?

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ahh actually i... know... but i promised not to say so..!

he's a super talented writer and he was SO nice to me and my friend!! and he's pretty cute =3=!! he was chilling with tom peyer at Emerald city and they answered psycho nerd legion questions for me! so if you ever see him at a con, he's super nice!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Challengers of the Unknown?

DC usually tries to do something with them about once per decade...and they were broken out of the mothballs during Waid's Brave and Bold run....seems like they were kind of setup for other things at the end of that B&B arc.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking, Challangers, too. They're due for a comeback.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:

Hummm, who could that be? Doom Patrol is coming back through Giffen

!!!!!!!!!

More info, please.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
L.E.G.I.O.N. ?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by veryvery:
ahh actually i... know... but i promised not to say so..!

he's a super talented writer and he was SO nice to me and my friend!! and he's pretty cute =3=!! he was chilling with tom peyer at Emerald city and they answered psycho nerd legion questions for me! so if you ever see him at a con, he's super nice!

I am hardly ever going to be on a convention. Being in Brazil, that is. Can you hint at least?
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:

Hummm, who could that be? Doom Patrol is coming back through Giffen

!!!!!!!!!

More info, please.

This came from a LITG column. He is working on it with Matthew Clark (a good reason for Clark not being on Reign in Hell as previously announced). Giffen has always said this was his dream job - even joking about messing up with Morrison, finally.
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
L.E.G.I.O.N. ?

Now, THAT is something I want back soon. Enough of REBELS fiasco...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Bedard has been on my radar since his awesome Crossgen work (Negation being his #1, but he had some other great things going on there). If he took over a Legion series and had a chance to pick up some steam, I know it would be great. Too bad Paul Pelletier couldn't do it with him with the right inker.

Giffen on DP? Heeeel-ell yes.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Metal Men?

As for Doom Patrol, I love the silver age version. I've got several of the archives and have several more on order from Amazon, but they're taking forever to get here. They keep changing the shipping date.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Oh, I loooooved the recent Metal Men miniseries! What a gorgeous artwork by Duncan Rouleau! And the story is pretty neat, much better than Dan Jurgens mini years ago.
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Bedard is about 40 or so...he said his first issue of the Legion was 210 or something...so whatever group he's talking about had to have been around in the seventies, so that rules out L.E.G.I.O.N. I don't even think L.E.G.I.O.N. is in continuity anymore...and that's probably a mistake on DC's part.

It also rules out the Omega Men.

But the group Bedard is talking about...

It has to be some group like the DP, the Challs, the Metal Men, The Secret Six...something like that.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Superboy,

L.E.G.I.O.N. is still in continuity. It has appeared very briefly in 52, more recently with a Comet/Brainy encounter on Mystery in Space and will show up again on Rann/Thanagar War. Both by Jim Starlin.
And, please, let Metal Men stay with Duncan Rouleau. Really good stuff from him.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.