Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Avatars (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Avatars
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
A thread for general questions about avatars, if you're so inclined to use it ...

~ How do we submit an avatar image to be included among the possible selections, and to whom?

~ How are you limiting the file size or the dimensions? (I hope the file size won't be as small as Rob's board insists upon.)

~ Will you be picking up any of Freekinos/Loser's colored LMBP avatars from the Jolly Roger board? For example, I know that I'd like to be able to switch occasionally between "me" and "my sister."

More generally, I appreciate the founders' responsiveness on all such matters. It's pleasantly surprising to see how much you did manage to work out in advance.

Past message-board blowups and shortcomings certainly helped, especially in knowing what not to do. As I keep reminding myself, nothing is ever a total failure ... it can always serve as a bad example {rueful smile}

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
~ How do we submit an avatar image to be included among the possible selections, and to whom?

For now submitting them via e-mail to either Gary or myself is great. Once we get it worked out we'll have a general e-mail for the boards to submit inquiries to.

~ How are you limiting the file size or the dimensions? (I hope the file size won't be as small as Rob's board insists upon.)

We have not yet discussed the size of Avatars but the dimensions will be set to 60 x 60 pixels. This seems to allow for cleanest picture at a relatively small size. For now, as long as the images are under 2KB I'm not going to mind as long as Gary doesn't.

~ Will you be picking up any of Freekinos/Loser's colored LMBP avatars from the Jolly Roger board? For example, I know that I'd like to be able to switch occasionally between "me" and "my sister."

Please feel free to submit any of the Avatars you are using on other boards for submission here. Again, right now storage space isn't much of a problem and our bandwidth is unlimited but we will set up standards at a later date.

More generally, I appreciate the founders' responsiveness on all such matters. It's pleasantly surprising to see how much you did manage to work out in advance.

Past message-board blowups and shortcomings certainly helped, especially in knowing what not to do. As I keep reminding myself, nothing is ever a total failure ... it can always serve as a bad example {rueful smile}

I think we all learned quite a bit from the past few weeks and hopefully we've been able to use the experience to make this the place to be. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nardo
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nardo           Edit/Delete Post     
Founders, Sirs,

After hero avatars, will you ever add villain avatars? Like three-eyed crimson commadantes with nuclear blood? Like said villain's very first image in Adventure 344, Page 4, panel 1?

Not being a techie, I know nothing of it's tech feasibility. I was out of the room.

Now the only remaining question is whether I am a complete nasshole or total nasshole for suggesting this. I like to think the former, but you may prefer the latter.

BTW, should you not know, and if you haven't caught my mention of this elsewhere, the cover of Who's Who In Legion #7 has 270 thumbnail portraits of major Legion characters that to my untrained yet triple eyes seem perfect for Avatars.

However, inconceivably and mortifingly so, a picture of myself, the Great Neato Nardo, (aka Neenee Nahnah) isn't included in the 270!!! W'ass'up with dat?!?! Wonder what other great characters were left out...

Anyway, my request: insane or just plain rude?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on it Nardo. Will have it up ASAP! And, if I have the time I'll add those Who's Who pics and more!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nardo
Resigned

Thanks, Nightcrawler!

Damn. I said this was a full-service MB.

You are not longer a puny human in two of Nardo's three eyes. You may consider yourself 2/3rds a non-puny human.

Obviously, you'll want to update your resume, maybe give your broker a call.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I didn't get it there while you were online. But it's there waiting for you when you come back.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nardo
Resigned

Back. Added Avatar. I believe it changes with a new post, so....
Nardo
Resigned

I wish I had time to be appropriately effusive, but people are screaming at Nardo to get off the net.

Commandant, my ass.

Thanks again, Nightcrawler!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I'm on it Nardo. Will have it up ASAP! And, if I have the time I'll add those Who's Who pics and more!

Gary I already have the Who's Who pics scanned so don't take the time. I'll load them up when I can.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I missed, until now, the multiple pages of avatars that were already loaded ... brain fart! ... because I didn't re-size the selection window in Edit Profile to show the "Next" (page) link.

Thanks to the LW founders for setting up so many avatars in the first place, and thanks to Lightning Lad for installing an upgraded version of my own.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
What? No CHARMA?! [Wink]

(Grell art, if you please... [Big Grin] PLEASE?)

(Much as I love Shvaugn, SHE'S not the Redhead avatar I envisioned for my custon title...)

--CHEEKY Pov! [Razz]

[ July 18, 2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Poverty Lad ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
What? No CHARMA?! [Wink]

(Grell art, if you please... [Big Grin] PLEASE?)

(Much as I love Shvaugn, SHE'S not the Redhead avatar I envisioned for my custon title...)

--CHEEKY Pov! [Razz]

Okay Cheeky! Go and look now. If you don't like I think I have another I can do.
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
THANKS, Scott! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

You're welcome Pov! I'm just glad I was able to find a Grell on the internet since I'm at work and don't have any books handy. Google is such a wonderful thing!
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Super-classy as always, Pov.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.