Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Avatars (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Avatars
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I love my avatar, the symbolic Durlan antennae head.

I really do! But I recalled a head shot of Reep that is just too perfect for me to pass up. I'm only at 60-40 that it's a great idea to "abandon" my super-cool current avatar and switch to it, but really, the new one is even cooler!

It's from Adventure 350, page 20, panel 4. The famous breaking-the-fourth-wall panel of Reep telling the reader that he was around a long time before a certain wall-crawling hero. The image is the perfect expression and proportions, and there's no interfering balloons. And it's Reep in the blue suit drawn by Curt Swan!

If you can add it to the avatar list, could you also lighten the background? (In the original # 350 copies, it's a rather dark solid red. I don't know if it was lightened in the Archive edition.)

Thanks guys! You two get my votes for the first statues to go up on the Avenue of Super-Heroes!

[Chameleon Boy]

P.S. BTW, LL, just so you know, I was strongly championing the Garth-was-never-Proty position way back at the old DCMB. It got heated a few times, until someone reminded us all that the Proty-Garth was a part of the "Glorith-reality" and never occurred prior to Volume 4. That ended the debate. And it's something I always try to remember when the issue pops up again.

The Silver Age Lightning Lad is my favorite Legionnaire of all time. Always has been. That said, it doesn't mean I won't exploit Proty-Garth a the drop of a space-helmet for some quick laughs!

Q: How many Proty-Garths does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Depends. Are we talking Proty 1 or Proty 2?

[Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
Guys, I love my avatar, the symbolic Durlan antennae head.

I really do! But I recalled a head shot of Reep that is just too perfect for me to pass up. I'm only at 60-40 that it's a great idea to "abandon" my super-cool current avatar and switch to it, but really, the new one is even cooler!

It's from Adventure 350, page 20, panel 4. The famous breaking-the-fourth-wall panel of Reep telling the reader that he was around a long time before a certain wall-crawling hero. The image is the perfect expression and proportions, and there's no interfering balloons. And it's Reep in the blue suit drawn by Curt Swan!

If you can add it to the avatar list, could you also lighten the background? (In the original # 350 copies, it's a rather dark solid red. I don't know if it was lightened in the Archive edition.)

Thanks guys! You two get my votes for the first statues to go up on the Avenue of Super-Heroes!

[Chameleon Boy]

P.S. BTW, LL, just so you know, I was strongly championing the Garth-was-never-Proty position way back at the old DCMB. It got heated a few times, until someone reminded us all that the Proty-Garth was a part of the "Glorith-reality" and never occurred prior to Volume 4. That ended the debate. And it's something I always try to remember when the issue pops up again.

The Silver Age Lightning Lad is my favorite Legionnaire of all time. Always has been. That said, it doesn't mean I won't exploit Proty-Garth a the drop of a space-helmet for some quick laughs!

Q: How many Proty-Garths does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Depends. Are we talking Proty 1 or Proty 2?

[Big Grin]

Any chance you can scan that pic? All of my issues are still in storage. If you can't I may be able to grab it out of the Archive if I can figure out which one its in. If its in #6 then I'm out of luck. That's the one I'm missing.

And I hope you realize I'm just joking around with you on those Proty comments. I always gotta do that. I seem to remember you (as bbz) going to bat for Garth back then.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I should have it up for you shortly, Reep. [Chameleon Boy]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

If you guys were any cooler, you'd be from Tharr.

[Chameleon Boy]

Reep
Resigned

LL, I missed your response. S'cool, I know you're joking. Just wanna be sure you know I am! I mean, ya never how a Proty will take something. [Big Grin]

To quote the Firesign Theater: "You know, I think we're all clowns on this bus."

[Chameleon Boy]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's up, Reep. I have it under "Reep," so you may have to scroll a few pages to see it.

[Chameleon Boy]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
LL, I missed your response. S'cool, I know you're joking. Just wanna be sure you know I am! I mean, ya never how a Proty will take something. [Big Grin]

To quote the Firesign Theater: "You know, I think we're all clowns on this bus."

[Chameleon Boy]

[Razz]

Looks like Nightcrawler did his usual bang-up job on your Avatar. Looks good.

And I should have guessed you to be a FT fan. But wasn't the album called 'I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus'? I can't remember for sure. I'd have to dig out my old cassette tapes.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

I haven't had their albums for 15-20 years. I first recalled it as "bozos" but that seemed iffy. Shoulda known they wouldn't pass up the nice alliteration.

[Chameleon Boy]

Giant Robotic Lesbian
I COME IN PEACE.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giant Robotic Lesbian           Edit/Delete Post     
I am offended by the complete lack of avatars of giant robotic lesbians.

I will crush you now.

--------------------
One Legion World, under GRL.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my she's good!

MLLASH, I DEMAND you make GRL's last post your new signature!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Giant Robotic Lesbian:
I am offended by the complete lack of avatars of giant robotic lesbians.

I will crush you now.

Never let it be said that I didn't at least try to appease even the smallest minority. Plus, I don't want anyone crushed. Pick your woman, they're all in the Avatar list:

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

[ August 01, 2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Reep
Resigned

Those are pretty cool LL!
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
May I suggest the following?

-

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giant Robotic Lesbian
I COME IN PEACE.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giant Robotic Lesbian           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Never let it be said that I didn't at least try to appease even the smallest minority. Plus, I don't want anyone crushed. Pick your woman, they're all in the Avatar list:

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

"Lesbian"? Two of them later claimed they were only "experimenting" because they were sophomores in college. And the rest... Well, let's just say that they were only "lesbian" until the right Tranzor-Z or Voltron came along.

BAH!

--------------------
One Legion World, under GRL.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.