Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » image uploading? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: image uploading?
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gary

I hate to be a whinge. but are you any further forward with sorting that function out or have you decided it was a bad idea?

I have a few holiday snaps i might want to share of certain posters. [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I have a few holiday snaps i might want to share of certain posters. [Wink]

[Eek!] [Elastic Lad] [Embarrassed] [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hee Hee Hee

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Go ahead and use the album. I don't think we'll be using the uploader until I move us from this server. Which won't be happening anytime soon.

[ August 05, 2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Thanks Gary but when i try to upload it rejects me. Story of my life really [Roll Eyes]

Seems to want a password or summat? Or am i just doing it wrong?

I am going to try Grey's suggestion of linking from Gaffiti.net.

Once i can follow his "simple" instructions [LOL]

--------------------
Faithfull

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Clear the password field first, then reenter yours, Darden. That should do it... I ran into that problem several times.
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Thanks Brian I'll try that

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Whilst I'm on lets try this

http://home.graffiti.net/dardenspictures/recruitment1.jpg

http://mymail.graffiti.net/scripts/webhosting/main.cgi?mail_language=us&CurrentDir=/dardenspictures&File=recruitment1.jpg&Action=download

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Nope that did not work?

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

-

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

neither did that. Its late I'm giving up try again tomorrow

--------------------
Faithfull

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, you need to put the URL, the first one above, within an Image tag. That is, it's preceded by [ img ] and followed by [ /img ] (no spaces). Or use the Image button on the full reply form.

I just tried using your first URL within an Image tag, but it didn't display, and it came up "file not found" when entered directly in my browser. Are you sure that "dardenspictures" is the accurate user name for your account at Graffiti.net?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Grey,

Thanks. you are right i had forgotten to put my username in that link. I did find a way to show the image but it comes up so very large it resets the screen to show up. And the colours are way off too. So I deleted those posts. For info the size next to the image at graffiti is shown as 20480KB. (It is simply a digital photo of me, I'm using as a test piece) I'm guessing I need to find some way to compress that down, either at graffiti or before i up load to them. I'm at work now but will have another play when I get home.

--------------------
Faithfull

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
20480kb = 20Mb!!!

And since that's all you have, is the original pic on your HD bigger?

Go and look at Grey's sticky thread in Bits.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Faithfull

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.