Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » image uploading? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: image uploading?
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well that worked (after a fashion)

why is it so unsharpe tho?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That sketch gives me hope for Barry's run on the new title... do we have any word on an inker? I didn't really care for his collaborator on EMPIRE, to be honest...
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

No word on an inker just yet. James Pascoe did the inks on Empire. I found it OK

That was a pleasure to watch him work on that. It still needs cleaning and sharpening up. How do I do that?

Also how can do you know how i compress the images before I upload them?

--------------------
Faithfull

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It depends on the program that you are using. Resizing, lowering the number of colors used, or converting to another file format would shrink the file size. A Paint or Picture program could help you sharpen the image too.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Thanks Gary, as you can tell I am a complete novice at this sort of thing.

So at the moment they are saved as JPG (if that means any thing to youse all) whats the best one to use (baring in mind i may not have that on my pc)

I could try losing colours but how low can we go with out it turning out looking funny.

I know for example I can open a picture up and put it in a word document. I can easily resize it in that document to fit where i want it to fit and it prints out ok. So if i was to do that then save it and then upload it would that have shrunk the size or will I need to do more complex things like finding a control menu to change pixels or something?

Ah well more things to play with when I get home tonight.

And Gary sorry to hog a thread I'll delete things once I have it all sorted out. Thanks for letting me play.

--------------------
Faithfull

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure how well Word condenses the jpg file. But a paint program would help condense the file and all of the features it has would allow you to reduce the number of colors used without causing too much deterioration in quality. I use Paint Shop Pro.

Also, I use the convert feature of a program called ACDSee, that helps a lot. Not sure if other image viewing (not editing) programs have such features as well.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
How's this?:

Click for fullsize image

I used a program called CompuPicPro, which I use for my photo viewing and wallpaper functions.

I also use Paint Shop Pro, but mainly for adding color to the pics that I draw.

[ June 03, 2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Much better cru thanks.

I have paint shop pro 5 but have never used it.

I have paint that came with xp.

Gosh this is hard all I want to do is press a button and laod a picture, how hard can it get? [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Cru's looks a bit blurry - here.

Tight cropped:

Click for fullsize image

Less tightly cropped, but bleached:

Click for fullsize image

[ June 03, 2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Nightcrawler]
{[...] Also, I use the convert feature of a program called ACDSee, that helps a lot. Not sure if other image viewing (not editing) programs have such features as well. }

IrfanView does, for resizing, file format conversion, and color reduction. As SoM said, see the sticky thread over in Bits for more details.

[ June 04, 2004, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I have a few holiday snaps i might want to share of certain posters. [Wink]

Double [Eek!] !
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

so that was resized using paint shop pro 5 to 200 by 294 pixels.

not to bad, I think I might be able to do this now [Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Click for fullsize image

[ July 23, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

Testing with one of Cobalt

-

--------------------
Faithfull

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.