Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » The Legion Wiki! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Legion Wiki!
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Lightning Lad, I can't say how much I appreciate the amount of work you put into this site to make it so good! And I'm sure that I speak for all other posters, too. [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Mediocre Boy. But all the praise goes to Reboot, Omnicraig and the others doing all the work.

Still working on getting the new site provisioned. Hopefully will have it working in the next two hours.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Still having some issues. The server is currently read only so I can't move the wiki over. The DNS has already been changed so you'll just see a parking page if you use http://www.legionwiki.com.

Please refrain from any updates until I say its okay. We'll stand the risk of losing stuff if updates continue.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And two days later, still trying to resolve issues. Please continue with your work. At this point I probably won't have time to create the dedicated site until next week.

Sorry for the problems.

Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed every page is locked for edits. Is that just me or is the whole site protected for some reason?
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
I noticed every page is locked for edits. Is that just me or is the whole site protected for some reason?

It's not just you - LL's locked it over the move thing above.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
in the wiki can we also have a part about all the Time Trapper manlipulations of the legion from their beginings to the end of zero hour (ie all the contridictions in their origins and the like (like ayla not being garth's twin b4 then suddenly she was)

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:

It's not just you - LL's locked it over the move thing above.
Sorry Michael. I spaced posting here in the frenzy yesterday. I'm having my web host help me move the database since it has already gotten a bit large and I didn't want to have info added that would have to be redone eventually. I though it best to lock it up while I had the chance and help to move the db. Should be done soon but, at the worst, you'll all have the weekend off. Like it or not. [Smile]
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm still having some issues working on the database transfer. But I've reopened the old site and put a redirect in on http://www.legionwiki.com. Even with some of the text table in place, none of it is showing up so I don't know if there is an error somewhere or if it all has to be loaded. I'll continue working on it as time permits but see no reason to stop everyone from continuing their work. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
in the wiki can we also have a part about all the Time Trapper manlipulations of the legion from their beginings to the end of zero hour (ie all the contridictions in their origins and the like (like ayla not being garth's twin b4 then suddenly she was)

If you want to make a list of such contradictions, sure [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Not sure what's up (I think the domain name is expired) but you need to use the direct link to access the Wiki for now.
Reboot

Doesn't it kind of say that [Smile]

Plus *checks messages* it was 16 June last year you said Vee donated the domain. Presumably, you'll need his aid to renew it [Smile] .

Oh yeah, and ye bunch of lazy sods - why have so few here written anything for LW, huh? [Smile]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Actually its just a blank page in FireFox. [Smile]

Haven't heard back from Vee yet, dropped him a PM offering to pay the fee.

Reboot

Showing (in Firefox no less) as a "this domain is expired" message.

Well, until now, when it's got an "under construction" message instead.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just wanted to let everybody know that the recent review discussions here have revived my desire to write about all things Legion, so I've been posting issue summaries over on the Legion Wiki.

So far, I've posted plot summaries, roll calls, and minutiae to Adv. 302-307, 328, and 333, plus Superboy v1 # 198 (copied from my review thread here). Other contributors have written other summaries, character bios, and an extensive publication history, among other goodies. Most entries also contain issue or character pics.

Please check it out. There's a discussion page for each entry for you to leave comments and corrections. You can even register and make corrections yourself.

And if anybody else has expressed a recent hankering to write about the Legion (you know who you are), give it a shot! The more the merrier.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.