Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » (GAME OVER) Battle for the Championship of the 31st Century! (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: (GAME OVER) Battle for the Championship of the 31st Century!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with Element Lad then just to push more support his way...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] ROTFLMAO [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

Outdoor Miner, you have by far the most unique sense of humor of anyone on Legion World (and that's saying alot considering some of the posters here!) I can always count on your posts for a good laugh. Thanks!

Thank *you*, Vee. I really appreciate that.

(You have no idea how much I wanted a Lyle/Condo faceoff in the final....)

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Jan was meditating in the middle of the stadium. Since Lyle had turned himself invisible, Jan had transmuted all the air in the area into knockout gas, and the air in the area immediately around him into inertron so that Lyle couldn't get to him. He knew that it was just a matter of time before victory was his. He was just about to start chanting, when suddenly...

"Jan? Jan ?"
He gave a start. That voice... It sounded familiar. "Dad?"
"Jan... Come join us... Your Mom and I are waiting for you..."
"Dad? But how..."
"Your meditations have allowed you to advance to a state of consciousness high enough to communicate with us. Now, come out of that inertron cage and come join us..."
"Okay... Father."

Jan transmuted the inertron away and looked around him. Could it really be? His parents, come back after all this time? "Dad? Where are you?" He could only see the misty gas around him. "I can't see you?"

"I'm right here." said the voice, as a black-clad hand rushed toward the back of Jan's neck. "Nighty-night, Jan... Sorry we couldn't have ended this peacefully...Ow!" Grife! How could Jan's neck be that hard... Uh-oh.

"Did you really think I was that spacey, Lyle? Even though you mimicked my father's voice so well, I knew that you were still out there, wearing your transuit so that the knockout gas wouldn't get to you. That's why I turned myself into pure iron first. Sorry, friend, but victory is not yours today." Jan said as he transmuted the air into an inertron cage to hold Lyle. "I win."

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Lyle looked up, exhausted, at precisely the moment that Jan paused for breath.

"D-do we really need to go on like this?" Lyle mouthed as sweat dotted his brow.

Jan was silent a moment, then slowly shook his head. "N-no. No. We can end this."

Both Legionnaires stood up and approached the other -- cautiously, tentatively, their innate survival instincts still hinting that this offer of peace might be nothing more than an attempt to catch the other off-guard.

It wasn't -- not in this reality, at least.

Jan grasped Lyle's hand, and a thrill ran through his body at the warmth of it. For a long, silent moment, the Legionnaires stood motionless, neither willing to let go of the other first.

Jan looked up at his friend's face. He marveled at how different Lyle looked in this light... how noble, how handsome. Suddenly he knew this was the right decision. "I guess we BOTH win, Lyle."

Lyle smiled shyly but radiantly at Jan. He paused, then said: "You must have read my mind."

The two walked slowly away from the field of battle, hands still clasped together, aglow in the promise and potential of the choice they'd just made -- together.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Voting this round: Outdoor Miner, Vee, Cobalt Kid, Invisible Brainiac, superboymddjr, Quislet Esq, Nightcrawler, icefire, Portfolio Boy.

I had to toss Stu's vote since ties are not allowed. [Razz]

FINAL:

Invisible Kid (Lyle): 5

Element Lad (preboot): 4

LYLE IS THE WINNER!!!! ALL HEROES (and villains too) RIP OFF THEIR CHEST EMBLAMS IN DEFERENCE TO HIM.

Fun game guys, sorry I got a tad too busy inthe personal world to keep up there at the end.

I'll give it a rest of 6 months or so, and then start a new round by taking nominations for the 200 character pool of contestants.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[bump]

To familiarize any newbies with the game.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for just popping in, but I caught up with this poll, I was suprised that Element Lad didn't win. But at least the victory went to a worthy character.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.