Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Titans: Battle of the Sexes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Titans: Battle of the Sexes
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Just bumping this up to say that I'll post the results of this round on Friday rather than Sunday even though that's not a full five days.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Girls:
1. Troia - fashion photographer by profession. She would have a great sense for fashion design.
2. Jesse Quick
3. Supergirl
4. Bumblebee
5. Lilith
6. Harlequin
7. Starfire
8. Wonder Girl
9. Rose Wilson

Guys:
1. Green Lantern - an artist after all
2. Changeling
3. Robin
4. Superboy
5. Nightwing
6. Tempest
7. Flash
8. Arsenal
9. Cyborg

Overall: Green Lantern

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

One last bump before I post the results of this round later today...

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Righty-ho, round 2 is over and the results just go to show that almost anything can happen in this game.

The most tightly fought battle, and the most changes in position on the score card, was amongst the boys but the girls saw their fair share of action too. The final results are:

the boys (previous position in brackets)

1) Green Lantern 49 points (9)
2) Robin 49 points (3)
3) Changeling 46 points (6)
4) Arsenal 46 points (1)
5) Nightwing 43 points (2)
6) Tempest 31 points (7)
7) Flash 30 points (4)
8) Superboy 27 points (8)
9) Cyborg 24 points (5)

and the girls:

1) Troia 60 points (1)
2) Harlequin 53 points (2)
3) Supergirl 43 points (6)
4) Jesse Quick 39 points (5)
5) Starfire 32 points (4)
6) Wonder Girl 31 points (8)
7) Rose Wilson 31 points (3)
8) Bumblebee 29 points (7)
9) Lilith 28 points (9)

Despite only being three points away from going out of the game in the first round Green Lantern makes a spectacular recovery this round to gain a total of 44 points, but he also gets the extra 5 points for coming top out of everyone and manages to just take the lead from Robin. Changeling also faired particularly well this round, rising from 6th place to 3rd and managing to push Arsenal down into fourth place despite finishing first in round 1. Nightwing and Flash also drop a couple of places, while Superboy just staves off defeat to end up eighth. So it's goodbye to Cyborg I'm afraid, and Superboy remains looking nervous at the bottom of the field.

As for the girls there was no change in the top two positions. Troai and Harlequin had strong leads at the start of this round and managed to increase those leads on the rest of the pack significantly. Despite that, however, Supergirl made a very strong showing this round and has leapt up into third place. The biggest drop this round was Rose Wilson who despite finishing third in the first round now finds herself in seventh place. Her strong showing in the first round though was what saved her here since she was the only girl not to get awarded double figures from the second round (6 points)and still managed to stay above the bottom two. Starfire's strong performance in round 1 also meant she didn't lose out too much despite only getting 11 points this round. Unfortunately the young lady we have to say goodbye to this round is Lilith/Omen. In round 2 Lilith managed to get a total of 23 points, placing her fourth overall, but her very poor showing in the first round was her undoing here and she finished just one point below Bumblebee. So it's goodbye to the go-go dancing red head as she returns to being dead in possibly the most stupid way ever.

We'll be back shortly with round 3...

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

ROUND 3

Eight contestants left, and now it's time for a test of patience, skill, endurance and personality. Some of the Titans are going to be thrilled by this challenge, while others are going to go white with fear...

Round 3 takes place in the Midvale orphange (which seems oddly familiar to Supergirl) and involves what could either be a very simple, or a very stressful task. Each Titan is assigned three children between the age of two and five that they have to look after and keep entertained for twenty-four hours. Remember, no special powers here just their inate ability to deal with toddlers. The judge for this round is Red Tornado and his daughter (who's name completely escapes me at the moment. Arghh...). They'll be keeping an eye on everyone and awarding points on how well they cope and how happy their wards are. As with the first two rounds there are five extra points available.

However this round those five points need not automatically go to one of the winners. The points are awarded to whichever Titan the children most want to come back and visit them. They might not cope the best with three children at once with no-one to help but that doesn't mean they won't endear themselves to the little dears. So award the five points to any of the sixteen contestants. In the event of their not being a clear winner the points will go to whosoever has the highest total at the end of the round.

the boys:

Arsenal
Changeling
Flash
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Robin
Superboy
Tempest

the girls:

Bumblebee
Harlequin
Jesse Quick
Rose Wilson
Starfire
Supergirl
Troia
Wonder Girl

Voting for this round will end some time on Wednesday 29th.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

And now to cast my own votes (despite the fact that four posts in a row makes it look like I'm just talking to myself. [Wink] )

the boys:

1) Changeling (yeah, I know, but I just see him entertaining the children and he's got enough experience being a hero to cope with anything that they might throw at him. literally)
2) Arsenal (he's a full time father already, he knows what he's doing).
3) Tempest (experience as a father again)
4) Flash (I just think he'd be good with kids. He deals well with Bart for a start)
5) Robin (I dunno, I just think he'd cope quite well)
6) Green Lantern (he'd cope, just not great. But he could probably keep them entertained quite well).
7) Nightwing (he could cope with the disasters that might arise but I just don't see him being good with kids for some reason)
8) Superboy (come on, can you see him coping?)

and the girls

1) Troia (the experience both as a mother and a hero gives her the edge here)
2) Rose Wilson (she's worked as a nanny)
3) Supergirl (she's been a teacher plus I just see her being good with kids here)
4) Harlequin (kind of like Changeling she'd be very good at keeping them entertained. That's not to say they might not end up in trouble though...)
5) Bumblebee
6) Wonder Girl (yeah, she's young herself but I don't think she'd be great at looking after three kids at once)
7) Jesse Quick (I'm sure she's mentioned that she doesn't want kids)
8) Starfire (like she's going to have the patience to deal with three young children and keep them entertained for a whole day. Shyeah.)

Thinking about it some of the Titans kind of have unfair advantages with this round (Arsenal, Tempest and Troia being parents, Rose and Supergirl working with children) but nonetheless I'm going to give the five extra points to Changeleing. It was either going to be him or Harlequin because the kids would just love them, but i think Gar just wins on this one.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Changeling
2. Flash
3. Arsenal
4. Robin
5. Tempest
6. Green Lantern
7. Nightwing
8. Superboy

Gals:
1. Supergirl
2. Troia
3. Rose Wilson
4. Harlequin
5. Bumblebee
6. Jesse Quick
7. Wonder Girl
8, Starfire

Extra 5: Changeling, hands down.
(edited to change the votes, Sorry and thanks, Bevis)

[ September 26, 2004, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

IB, you've got two Robin's there and no Flash.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Changeling
2. Arsenal
3. Tempest
4. Nightwing
5. Flash
6. Green Lantern
7. Robin
8. Superboy

Girls:
1. Harlequin (They'd love her & be afraid at the same time)
2. Wonder Girl
3. Rose Wilson
4. Supergirl
5. Troia
6. Starfire (They'd be facinated by her appearance)
7. Bumblebee
8. Jesse Quick

I've gotta go Changeling, too.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
(edited to change the votes, Sorry and thanks, Bevis)

No probs.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

bump

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Aaand Round 3 is over. The results are:

the boys:

1) Changeling 75 points (3)
2) Arsenal 66 points (4)
3) Robin 60 points (2)
4) Green Lantern 58 points (1)
5) Nightwing 52 points (5)
6) Tempest 47 points (6)
7) Flash 46 points (7)
8) Superboy 30 points (8)

and the girls:

1) Troia 79 points (1)
2) Harlequin 71 points (2)
3) Supergirl 62 points (3)
4) Rose Wilson 50 (7)
5) Jesse Quick 45 points (4)
6) Wonder Girl 43 points (6)
7) Bumblebee 39 points (8)
8) Starfire 37 points (5)

Once again the movement in the table for the boys has been at the top end of things, with Changeling being in the lead even before he gets his extra 5 points. Green Lantern's relativly poor showing doesn't prevent him droping back too far simply because of his incredibly strong round prior to this one. Strong rounds for Flash and Tempest just keep them safe as well, and at the end of the day there really was no saving poor Kon-El who only managed to gain three points this round and so is shown the door.

And again with the girls the movement is in the middle of the table. Troia and Harlequin both get a very good showing this round which pushes them that little bit further ahead of the other girls, although Supergirl manages to hold onto third place getting joint first this round with Troia and the fourth placed lady, Rose Wilson. Rose is the big mover this round out of both teams, leaping from seventh to fourth which only goes to show that one poor round doesn't automatically mean you're out of the running. On the other hand one *very* poor round does mean that Starfire tumbles from a relativly safe fifth place to end up last over-all. So now she can go back to deciding if she's a princess or not and maybe getting some new clothes.

Round Four coming soon...

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Round 4

Well so far we tested the Titans skill, their artistic ability and their capacity to cope in a tough situation. So this round it's time to get gratuitous. All fourteen remaining Titans are put in a room full or single men and women. The Titans can chose to wear whatsoever they please, as little or as much as they feel comfortable in. The aim of the game is simple: the Titan to get the most kisses wins. Only one kiss from any one person in the room, but how they get the kiss is up to them. They must use their wits, their charms and, if they want, their physical appearance to win the game. There is no playing dirty this round, anything goes.

And because of that our judge this time round will be those lovely Birds Of prey Black Canary and Huntress.

Five points extra are also available this round for whichever titan has the best chat-up line (or worst, depending on how you look at it). As with round 3 the extra points don't automatically have to go to one of the overall winners.

The contenders remaining are:

the boys:

Arsenal
Changeling
Flash
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Robin
Tempst

the girls:

Bumblebee
Harlequin
Jesse Quick
Rose Wilson
Supergirl
Troia
Wonder Girl

(and just so there's no worries about the ages of some of the contestants there's an even spread of ages amongst the people in the room).

Voting finishes some time on Monday 4th October.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Guys, I have made a decision. For this round at the least (and probably for the remaining rounds) I'm going to follow Future's lead again and double the points for each position (so 14, 12, 10 and so on). I'll keep the extra points at five though, but that may go up next round as well.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Arsenal (big surprise)
2. Nightwing
3. Changeling
4. Flash
5. Robin
6. Green Lantern
7. Tempest

Gals:
1. Harlequin (you DID say anything goes...)
2. Supergirl
3. Troia
4. Wonder Girl
5. Rose Wilson
6. Jesse Quick
7. Bumblebee

Best line? Hm... I'd probably go with Nightwing on this one, because he'd be more adaptable in starting a conversation.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.