Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The Titans: Battle of the Sexes (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Titans: Battle of the Sexes
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
I see that the same person popped into everyone's head.

Nightwing
Robin
Green Lantern
Arsenal
Changeling

Supergirl
Troia
Jesse Quick
Harlequin
Wonder Girl

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
my votes:

the boys:

1) Robin (just to be different. [Wink] )
2) Nightwing
3) Green Lantern
4) Arsenal
5) Changeling (poor Gar)

the girls:

1) Supergirl
2) Jesse Quick
3) Troia
4) Wonder Girl
5) Harlequin

And I give the extra points to Donna. I think it'd be close between here and Nightwing, but I just think she'd have the edge on him.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Round 6 is over, and it’s all change at the top for both the boys and the girls. The results are:

the boys:

1) Robin 177 points (3)
2) Nightwing 176 points (4)
3) Arsenal 162 points (2)
4) Changeling 151 points (1)
5) Green Lantern 142 points (5)

the girls:

1) Troia 183 points (3)
2) Supergirl 178 points (2)
3) Harlequin 176 points (1)
4) Jesse Quick 133 points (4)
5) Wonder Girl 117 points (5)

The results for the boys just shows how quickly things can change. Arsenal and Changeling, who have barely been out of the top three since the start of the game, slip down into fourth and fifth place respectively. Robin and Nightwing however pull off a blinder this round getting 42 and 58 points (third place over the round went to Green Lantern with 28 points, way behind the Bat boys) which means they jump right back up to the top of the table with a mere one point between them. Despite that it’s probably too early to count out any of the top four even at this late stage. Unfortunately for Green Lantern despite a strong round he’s just pipped at the post. He almost caught up with Changeling but a few weak rounds early on have cost him his place. Still, considering many considered him not to belong in the Titans in the first place it’s a pretty good showing.

Over with the girls Troia manages to regain her lead after slipping down the table the last few rounds. A very strong round for her (40 points in total, only equalled by Jesse Quick) means that she now has a five point lead over everyone else. Supergirl also had a strong round and manages to keep hold of second place ahead of Harlequin who has her first really poor showing, only picking up 12 points. In fourth place Jesse makes up quite a bit of a gap between herself and the top three so she could still be in with a chance of making it into the final. Unfortunately for Wonder Girl there just wasn’t any saving her this round. She didn’t do too badly but she just had too much ground to make up and even though she started the round with equal points with Jesse there was just no way she could match the speedster’s performance. So we say good-bye to our youngest girl and get ready for the last round where someone will be voted off...

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Round 7

Once again I shall follow Future's lead on this one, and the final round with someone being evicted (as t'were) will be a simple popularity contest. Just rate the four boys and four girls in order of your personal favourites. Just to up the ante again though points are again doubled, so they are now 16, 12, 8 and 4. The contestants are:

the boys: Arsenal, Changeling, Nightwing and Robin

the girls: Harlequin, Jesse Quick, Supergirl and Troia.

This round ends Friday 15th so that I can get the final in before the end of next week. [Big Grin]

[ October 12, 2004, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Bevis ]

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

And just to get in early, my choices are:

the boys:

1) Changeling
2) Arsenal
3) Nightwing
4) Robin

the girls:

1) Supergirl
2) Troia
3) Jesse Quick
4) Harlequin

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Changeling
2. Nightwing
3. Robin
4. Arsenal

Gals:
1. Troia
2. Supergirl
3. Harlequin
4. Jesse Quick

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

bump

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Robin
2. Nightwing
3. Changeling
4. Arsenal

Gals:
1. Troia
2. Harlequin
3. Supergirl
4. Jesse Quick

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys:
1. Arsenal
2. Robin
3. Nightwing
4. Changeling

Gals:
1. Jesse Quick
2. Harlequin
3. Troia
4. Supergirl

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Round Seven is over!

Ooh, and I’m right p-ed off I am. Anyway, the results....

the boys:

1) Robin 217 points (1)
2) Nightwing 216 points (2)
3) Arsenal 198 points (3)
4) Changeling 195 points (4)

the girls:

1) Troia 235 points
2) Supergirl 218 points
3) Harlequin 212 points
4) Jesse Quick 165 points

So it comes down to the final round and our final evictions. The order of the results actually haven’t changed this round (the first time this has happened) and it’s the actual points this round that are possibly more interesting. With the boys the votes were pretty evenly divided. Both Robin and Nightwing gained 40, Arsenal gained 36 and Changeling gained 44. While that makes Changeling the most popular of the four it still doesn't save him from being voted out in the very last round. You bastards. [Wink]

On the other hand wit the girls we had a very clear winner with Troia getting a total of 52 points, well ahead of Supergirl on 40, Harlequin on 36 and Jesse on 32. Read into that what you will, but it could be nothing more than the fact that of the female Titans Troia is the only one who has been around as long as the boys and had as big a part to play in their stories. Whatever the case me however there just wasn’t any catching the top three, who have lead almost from the start, and so Jesse has to leave at this final stage. To be fair for a character that was almost universally panned during her time as a Titan she’s damn very well indeed (and I like her, even if only for her JSA appearances).

So with the final just round the corner we’re left with the six ‘ultimate’ Titans. Three of the Fab Five make it through along with a measly one member of the current team and two characters that really haven’t had that big a part to play in the history of the Titans (but I like both of them so I’m happy).

The final will follow shortly...

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

The Grand Final.

As with Future’s Legion game the final round takes place over three individual heats. Everyone competes on an equal setting (no powers and points all back down to zero). Whoever gets the highest cumulative total is the winner and determines whether, when it comes to the Titans, if boys or girls are better.

Heat 1

It’s a test or personality and the ability to handle themselves in a tough situation as each of our contestants appear on the Graham Norton chat show. How well they handle themselves and how entertaining they are will determine how many points they get. Changeling will be particularly annoyed to have missed out on this one...

Heat 2

A test of skill, luck and tenacity as our contestants sit down to a game of Monopoly. No cheating is allowed (I’m looking pointedly at Harlequin and Arsenal here) but the usual deals, bartering and alliances that come up in this game are all allowed.

Heat 3

It’s a simple physical test as the contestants race across an obstacle course. Under the netting, across the monkey bars, over the wall and a hundred yard dash to the finish.

The six finalists are: Arsenal, Harlequin, Nightwing, Robin, Supergirl and Troia. Rank all six for each heat and the overall winner will be decided at the end.

I’ll post the results some time next week, probably Wednesday but maybe later depending on how many people vote.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Heat 1:
1. Arsenal
2. Harlequin
3. Supergirl
4. Troia
5. Nightwing
6. Robin

Heat 2:
1. Nightwing
2. Arsenal
3. Harlequin
4. Robin
5. Troia
6. Supergirl

Heat 3:
1. Arsenal
2. Troia
3. Nightwing
4. Robin
5. Supergirl
6. Harlequin

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Heat 1:
1. Harlequin
2. Robin
3. Nightwing
4. Troia
5. Supergirl
6. Arsenal

Heat 2:
1. Robin
2. Nightwing
3. Troia
4. Arsenal
5. Harlequin
6. Supergirl

Heat 3:
1. Nightwing
2. Robin
3. Troia
4. Arsenal
5. Supergirl
6. Harlequin

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Argh!!!! Gar got voted out???

Heat 1:
1. Harlequin
2. Robin
3. Troia
4. Nightwing
5. Supergirl
6. Arsenal

Heat 2:
1. Nightwing
2. Troia
3. Robin
4. Supergirl
5. Arsenal
6. Harlequin

Heat 3:
1. Troia
2. Nightwing
3. Robin
4. Arsenal
5. Harlequin
6. Supergirl

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Argh!!!! Gar got voted out???

I know! How annoyed am I? Thing is if Gar had got a couple more points then Arsenal would have gone and I'd have been equally miffed.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.