Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Europe (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Europe
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/country_europe_G2_drag-drop.swf

For everyone out there who have always wondered where Europe was.

FYI I live here and I still got 6 wrong (though only one waaaaay off).

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Anything smaller than Luxemburg, I missed. BTW, the Vatican is now on the East side of Italy.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
oooh, shame on me. I didn't do very well at all. I got most of the big countries (Western Europe and Scandanavia) and all the ones with obvious coastlines, but the ones in the middle I didn't do very well on at all. Places like Latvia and Albania and stuff I completely misplaced. Hell, I even put Austria in the wrong place which isn't good. Admittedly it also listed me as having got Andorra, Vatican City and Monaco in the wrong place despite the fact that I was only very slightly off, which I thought was a bit mean since I put Belgium way out of where it actually is and it still said it was right.

But you know the really sad thing? I did it a second time straight after and still got about ten wrong. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I got 11 wrong. I think I would have done better if I could hav controled the order in which I placed the countries.

And the small ones were almost impossible to place.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin         Edit/Delete Post     
I got 75% or 6 wrong but in reality did better because my hand slipped on one and the exact location on some smaller ones i didn't think was fair.

I'm kevin the CM of interlac the LSH APA. I don't come into this forum often but glad I did, I enjoy geography.
http://members.aol.com/interlac/
Kevin

From: Metro NYC also known as NJ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was all those little countries and all stupid eastern europe all spilting up....
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got a 91% with four wrong. Average error of 24 miles. And same as everyone else it appears those stupid little countries are impossible to place. They need a zoom feature so you can pin-point those small countries if they are that picky about their placement.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I only messed up on the tinies (Luxembourg, Vatican City, San Marino and Malta) and on Macedonia. I was counted wrong on Slovakia, but I was close enough that I'm satisfied, even if they weren't.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I mean Leichtenstein. Luxembourg I got right.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I got three wrong - Belarus and Moldava were close, but hard to place exactly without context; as they came much earlier than their neighbors.

And I put Malta a little too far east.

93 percent, and an average errors of 16 miles. close enough that I can sleep tonight.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Second time out, missed two. Estonia, as a mental fart (I tried to but where Lithuania should go), and still misplaced damn little Malta! Avg error 15 miles.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
My Eurpoean geography is terrible! I got 68% or 30/44 and would probably have done way worse than that if I hadn't gone searching for spaces that fit the shape of the countries I had, like a jigsaw puzzle.

At least I got the countries I've been to right.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I got 34/44, and a few of them were just trhoguh luck too - San Marino, Luxembourg, the Vatican City and Albania were all guesses.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
43/44 (Stupid Czech Republic! How was i supposed to place that correctly first country up? [Wink] )
Average error 4 miles... 98% correct... 189 secs

Of course, I kinda have an advantage from my job.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I only got 66% DOH!

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.