Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Europe (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Europe
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I have done this so many times now im addicted. are there any more? I think europe would be my best I could have a bash at south amrica and would suck severly at africa.

Also I head about a site called something like the world geography test and you register what country your from and do the test and they rank how world aware people from various countries are. Apparently australia isnt doing to weel does anybody know that address?

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
More of the same available here Geography Quizzes - including versions where the names aren't listed, and the size or orientation needs to be selected properly as well as location...

And could this The Geography Olympics be the contest you're looking for? Off there myself to get some points for OZ! [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Geez I got 6 wrong which I guess isn't that bad. All in Eastern Europe ofcourse. I have to admit I had no idea AT ALL where Slovenia and Moldova where. Kinda sad because I befriended a couple of young people from Slovenia this weekend. Got the girls email (yes i am a dog) and I couldn't admit to them I had no idea where the hell it was. But I think they knew most people don't know since she said "I'm from Slovenia...it's by Poland". [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well most of Eastern Europe is new geography basically. Damn Iron Curtain had kept us ignorant for years. doh!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There is no such thing as 'new' geography... (says the history major hehehehe) [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Jorg-Em - are you sure those girls weren't actually from Slovakia? That's a lot closer to Poland than Slovenia is.

(Slovenia being one of the only countries on the map I got right.)

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia [Mad]

They oughta just start giving em numbers. Same for all the "stans."

[Big Grin]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
57%

booooo

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia [Mad]

They oughta just start giving em numbers. Same for all the "stans."

[Big Grin]

I assume the same goes for all those totally forgettable US states then? [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Blacula, doh! Yes she was from Slovakia. Geez. The other from Europe...both were hot. [Wink]

And I forget about some of the States as well trust me. Middle america is the weak point. And it came be some that are very far apart. I mean who knew that Iowa and Idaho aren't the same. [Wink]

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

HAHAHAHAHA You have Iowa and Idaho... we have (insert yawn) South Australia. (j/k)

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The Geography Olympics was fun - I got the Philippines' total average up by .004%!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
well hows this for dumb i only saw a map of the english counties rescently and it dawned on me essex was in the east wessesx in the the west sussex in the south and wait for it middlesx in the middle

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And they were originally the homes of the .....wait for it....
East Saxons,
West Saxons
South Saxons
and ......yes you guessed it
Middle Saxons

My people really used their immaginations back in those days. [LOL]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Legend says the continental homeland of the North Saxons was destroyed in a devastating cataclysm, but a leading Saxon wise-man managed to strap his newborn son into a catapult and launch him to safety! Under the rainy skies of Britain, he achieved powers beyond those of mortal Saxons: more powerful than a ox-drawn cart, able to outrun a speeding arrow, and leap over the tallest megalithic stone structures!

Meanwhile, back in the real world - I learned a while back that Saxon was derived from 'sax', a type of sword. So the Saxons must've had a bit of a rep - the 'Sword Guys' of Europe. At least you knew what you were in for, I suppose. [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.