Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Wikipedia Freefall - Legion Edition (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wikipedia Freefall - Legion Edition
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK so I was reading about Wikipedia Freefall in which you start on one topic and by clicking on links within the article, you advance along and see where it takes you.

I thought we could make a game of this. Here's how I see it working. We all start on the same Wikipedia article (link to the initial article should be posted in the thread) then clicking only links within the articles see who can get to the Legion or a specific Legionnaire. You would need to document which links you clicked on and the winner would be the one who arrives with the fewest clicks.

For example: I started with the article for Ghosts. Fron that article I clicked on the link "poltergeist". From that link I clicked on "Poltergeist Movie". Then, in order, "Craig T Nelson", "The Incredibles", "Doom Patrol", "Supergirl", "Legion of Superheroes", and finally reaching "Phantom Girl". That would be 8 clicks.

I see this might be a slow moving game (or a non-starter). So, I propose that each initial article is left for a week and then if there are any entries, the winner will come from them. We all can count, so the winner aka the person with the fewest clicks does not have to wait for confirmation. So, it is important that you list the links you used. Then the winner can propose a new starting article and goal.

So to start off, go from the Wikipedia article on the Sun and end with Sun Boy.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I got it in eight:
Sun in human culture
Teletubbies
New York City
Time Warner
DC Comics
Adventure Comics
Legion of Super-Heroes
Sun Boy

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I got it in six:

1. Solar Diety
2. Titan
3. Titans of Myth (comics)
4. Crisis on Infinite Earths
5. Legion of Super-Heroes
6. Sun Boy

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
In five:

1. Solar System bodies formerly considered to be planets
2. Titan (moon)
3. Titan in fiction
4. Legion of Super-Heroes
5. Sun Boy

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Totally impressed with the wiki abilities of Rocky, Jerry and EDE. When I attempted it earlier, I hit Teletubbies and then gave up.

Fun game, Quiz.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you like it. I got from the SUn to Sun Boy in 8 also

Sun
Earth
Yuri Gagarin
James T Kirk
Superhero
Colossal Boy
Legion of Superheroes
Sun Boy.

I think rather than waiting a week, Eryk can do a new one.

It is interesting to see the route everyone goes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Next:

Hindenberg Disaster to Calamity King.

I got it in seven steps. Can you beat that?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I got it in 9 steps

Boston
Boston in fiction
X-men (film)
Marvel Comics
DC Comics
Paul Levitz
Legion of Superheroes
List of Legion of Superheroes members
Calamity King.

I'll try a different route later.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In eight:

1. Discovery Channel
2. Daytime Emmy Award
3. The CW Television Network
4. Smallville
5. Superboy
6. Legion of Super-Heroes
7. List of Legion of Super-Heroes Members
8. Calamity King

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
In seven:

1. History of the United States (1918–1945)
2. Steamboat Willie
3. Max Fleischer
4. Superman
6. List of Legion of Super-Heroes Members
7. Calamity King

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, I'm thinking we should go with original plan of leaving it up a week, and if no one beats the seven, we'll give it to Exnihil?
Exnihil

Actually... I don't know if multiple entries are allowed for the same round... but I just got it in six (man, am I wasting time today!)

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by ExnihiLASH:
Actually... I don't know if multiple entries are allowed for the same round... but I just got it in six (man, am I wasting time today!)

I don't see why they shouldn't be.
Exnihil

Right on. Then:

1. Newsreel
2. Warner Brothers
3. Superman
4. Legion of Super-Heroes
5. List of Legion of Super-Heroes Members
6. Calamity King

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Nice! For the record, my original seven-step sequence was:

1. Adolf Hitler
2. Adolf Hitler in Popular Culture
3. DC Comics
4. Superman
6. List of Legion of Super-Heroes Members
7. Calamity King

Six is now the number to beat!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.