Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Superhero Anagrams + 1

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superhero Anagrams + 1
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Below are a list of words and a list of letters. Take one letter and one word and anagram them into the name of a superhero.

For example: Tam + o = Atom

The letters are in alphabetical order as are the words, but the first letter does not necessarliy go with the first word, etc. All the letters will be used. So unless a letter is repeated in the list, it can only be used once.

You might want to put your answers in a spoiler box, so others can also play.

Letters:
A A B E E G G H I O R R S U X

The words:

1) Born
2) Clear
3) Half
4) Lean
5) Learns
6) Madden
7) Manic
8) Manta
9) Most
10) Rot
11) Simple
12) Stab
13) Tribal
14) Vane
15) Vine

[ July 27, 2012, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A Spoiler
9) Most + R = Storm
10) Rot + H = Thor

Those are the only two I've got so far.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You are correct on those two

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I think I have it, but I think there might be a mistake in your letter selection.

Take a look:

Click Here For A Spoiler1) Born + I = ROBIN
2) Clear + O = ORACLE
3) Half + S = FLASH
4) Lean + G = ANGEL
5) Learns + E = ARSENEL? should be ARSENAL, right?
6) Madden + A = DEADMAN
7) Manic + E = ICEMAN
8) Manta + B = BATMAN
9) Most + R = STORM
10) Rot + H = THOR
11) Simple + U = IMPULSE
12) Stab + E = BEAST
13) Tribal + G = BATGIRL
14) Vane + R = RAVEN
15) Vine + X = VIXEN

So either I have #6 wrong and the "A" should go with #5, or one of your "E's' should be an "A".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I had them all but the ones for Simple and Learns. Exnihil definitely has the one, and I'm wondering if he's right about the other.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Exnihil is correct about the wrong letter and my mis-spelling of one name.

It has been corrected.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Silly me, I clicked on the spoilers so now I can't play.

Awesome puzzle though, Quis [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.