Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Incredibly cool comic concepts that should be far more successful... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Incredibly cool comic concepts that should be far more successful...
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Agreed. Crystal's got a great powerset, and doesn't annoy me nearly as much as Harmonia Li. [Smile]

Ha. [LOL] Based on this and other comments here at Legion World, I'm so glad I dropped the Levitz Mark III version of LSH before Harmonia took center stage.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I like that she's got a strong power, and yet, unlike the Scarlet Witch or Sersi or Jean Grey, it's a pretty well-defined powerset, and is less likely to get written as out of control or a deus ex machina (that ends up having to be written completely out of the comic, because the writers are having trouble using her).

Exactly. For example, Crystal would be at least fairly vulnerable in synthetic environments. Could provide milage for the nature vs. technology debate.

I really enjoyed the 'Ultimate Crystal' I think IIRC she was only in a special issue or annual of Ultimate Fantastic Four but she was written really well ... as a thrill seeker, and kinda like a rebellious younger royal princess would be ... taking off from the moon to explore Earth and her relatives come back and get her, Johnny Storm falls in love with her but ... at the end of the day she's like ... it was fun but I'm staying with the Inhumans.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Peebs, I did read that story, and all I can say is, I'm going to politely disagree on Ultimate Crystal.

I think 616 Crystal still needs to see her day of glory. She came so close during the Harras/Epting era of Avengers. There's unfinished business.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I just came across this incredibly cool one-shot Golden Age strip that I wanted to share.

Harvey's Scarlet Nemesis and Black Orchid

So Rocky Ford and Judy Allen are partners in a private detective agency. But, unknown to one another, each has a secret identity! By night, Rock operates as the Scarlet Nemesis, and Judy assumes the role of Black Orchid! They frequently team-up in pursuit of criminals, but due to an agreement between them, they refuse to try to learn one another's true identities.

Their one story is pretty mediocre, but this strikes me as really groovy setup for a comic. The key would be to strike the right notes as to the differences between their relationship as Rocky and June and their relationship as the Scarlet Nemesis and the Black Orchid.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Green Flame ... with black hair ... It was black in her debut with the JLI. More Brunette beauties!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Green Flame ... with black hair ... It was black in her debut with the JLI. More Brunette beauties!

As. i recall, it was green in her hero ID in her actual debut in Super Friends, but black in her secret ID.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.