Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Swamp Thing (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Swamp Thing
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yippee! It's the first Wednesday of the month again. My favorite day for new comics. Swamp Thing #9 takes the prize again this month. The art on this book absolutely rocks and just keeps getting better. Another transformation for Abby! We like this one. The slow pace of the first few issues has been replaced by one of non stop action and developments. The final page? Yeah! We knew we were going to get here eventually. That was one hell of a set up. Let the war begin.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

(Edit) I got so excited I double posted. At least I didn't pee myself.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Swamp Thing and Animal Man both got off to excellent starts, but feel like they are drifting off course. The zero issues for the two were almost interchangeable. The classic origin stories for the characters are presented with the twist that the events were false covers manipulated to fit in the current Rot/Archane story line. In order for that to work, the story better be classic level - and right now it seems to be meandering. Fingers crossed that these books get back on track.

[ September 06, 2012, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Disliked the zero issue. Completely changing the context of Swamp Thing's origin was one of the first things Moore did, so you can't fault Snyder for doing so, but it's also begs comparison and as good as Snyder is, he's not at the same level as Moore. This just came off as flat and in service to the ongoing story rather than exploring a larger context or dealing with characters. 13 issues in and I have no attachment to Abby or Alec like I have in prior runs.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.