Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Morrison writing for Image: "Happy" (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Morrison writing for Image: "Happy"
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
Overuse of profanity gets on my nerves. NO ONE goes around saying eff and See you next Tuesday in every other sentence. I find it distracting and unclassy, so I guess this will be a PASS for me.

Hey Lash ... See you next Tuesday!

[tease]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If I don't see you next Tuesday, there will be repercussions.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*documents Tuesday, Oct. 9th as day Peebs is coming to visit*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So Happy! #1 was pretty great! Morrison removes all subtlety and dives right into the ridiculous over the top grim and grittiness to provide a super sharp contrast to Happy the Horse and it feels refreshing to get it so directly. Robertson's art heightens the dichotomy perfectly.

This looks like it'll be pretty awesome based on te set up.

And I also snagged the Allred cover!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I really enjoyed the first issue--not a whole lot of big high concept stuff, but a really solid and interesting story.

And speaking of Morrison doing more creator-owned stuff, apparently over at Legendary Comics, he's going to be doing a book called Annihilator.

Here's how Wired describes it: screenwriter Ray Spass is crafting a tale of the adventures of a sci-fi badass named Max Nomax who lands in a spooked-out prison after he and his band of Annihilators take on a superpowerful artificial life form called VADA (he’s been convicted of the “greatest crime in history”). Oddly, that’s not even where things get weird — that happens when Nomax arrives in 21st-century Los Angeles and lands at screenwriter Ray Spass’ door. Nomax doesn’t know how he ended up there, but he has a mission for Spass, who has a brain tumor that somehow holds the data needed for Nomax’s mission. Writing the screenplay can save his life by shrinking the tumor and possibly save humanity by reminding Nomax how to defeat VADA.

Needless to say, I want to read this RIGHT NOW.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.