Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Saga (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Saga
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The LMB to the rescue! We'll find you a copy! The reprint should be out this week or next week too, right?

It may come to that !! jeez!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess who got a copy of Saga #2.

<--- ME. It was so good. lovely. like a kick in the shins, a pop in nose, and smack on the head ... but of *goodness* ... if not quite a knee in the balls.

Guess who got a copy of Saga #1 Reprint ....

Click Here For A SpoilerNot me. You know who did … some dumbf*@#s who go around grabbing up all the number 1s … even the reprints. Otherwise …. wouldn't number 2 be sold out!?!?! mannnnnn some of us would iike to buy a copy to read it.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally read SAGA # 1

I enjoyed the way the story was told, by Hazel, signifying that she will indeed survive this tale.

The artwork and colors were excellent.

I couldn't quite completely shake the feeling that the book wasn't really 'me' though. However, I do want to read # 2 and see where that leads... I'm worried that it is out already, though... I'll have to get to the CBS this weekend!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I GOT SAGA NUMBER 1!! FINALLY.
When I saw it on the shelf ... I almost grab two copies and ate one just to make sure I got a copy .. after the feeding frenzy over this comic.

I could go on and on about how good this or that was but overall ...

I just found it sweet.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

colors were a striking point and stood out beyond the excellent art.

and the whole universe was quickly and neatly established and felt to have some unique or fresh attitudes about it.

I especially loved the main characters, and how real they felt rather than noble or exemplary.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

And TV headed people !!! [Big Grin]

I love those guys!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
TV headed robot royalty sexing doggy style!!!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

that was a new one. ha ha
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Grabbed third printing of # 1, # 2 nowhere to be seen.

Will read soon...probably this weekend.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Read it./ It was very good. The art was great, and the coloring was fantastic.

Will stick around for a while...provided I can find #2.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Dev are you a Y the Last Man fan ? just curious.
Dev - Em
KIA

Yeah, really liked Y. I read it through trades at my local library so I did not have to wait too long to finish it.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVED Y! I'm gonna reread that very soon!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So, "the Stalk" was freaking creeeeeeeeeeeepy!!! WTF?! Fiona Staples went above and beyond for her / it's introduction!

The second issue was fantastic. It's still so early in the series but I'm already invested in the characters and fascinated in the world-building going on.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

yeah, I thought the stalk was ok, bad ass 'enough' looking ...

and then ... it got a whole lot creepier !

Click Here For A Spoilershe needs to keep that skirt DOWN!  -

EW!

<--- visceral reaction. If you know what I mean. [Razz]

[ April 26, 2012, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.