Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Dial H Discussion Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dial H Discussion Thread
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
What do you mean?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001348

He's more active in other parts of Legion World.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh!

I thought you meant a callback to an obscure Legion character.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
How can it be that no one's mentioned that one of the villains is named "Ex Nihilo".

Hmph... a villain, indeed!

An editorially mandated character, no doubt. Is this how low we've sunk, Dan DiDio? [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
The problem with that character is that she wasn't developed organically within the storyline. She just seemed to appear out nowhere!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
The problem with that character is that she wasn't developed organically within the storyline. She just seemed to appear out nowhere!

rimshot!
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

rimshot!
Ha!

One of my brain cells was like, 'I don't get it' and the other one slapped it and said, 'dumbass.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

The first story arc closes out rather anticlimatically. I'm still enjoying the off-the-wall identities, but I found Ex Nilo/Squid/The Abyss to not be very compelling threats. Despite spending 5 issues on them, they just seemed under-developed. That said, the brief appearance of the "shadow on the line" and its mastery of dialing was really cool. Setting it up as a dial hunter gives it all sorts of potential.

I am concerned about the upcoming artist shift, as this book has such a distinct tone, that I don't know if the Frankenstein artist (who's name escapes me), is up for the task.

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm quite upset that the Onion thought of this before Dial H used it as a dialed hero. It would fit right in with "Pelican Army."

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
The first story arc closes out rather anticlimatically. I'm still enjoying the off-the-wall identities, but I found Ex Nilo/Squid/The Abyss to not be very compelling threats. Despite spending 5 issues on them, they just seemed under-developed. That said, the brief appearance of the "shadow on the line" and its mastery of dialing was really cool. Setting it up as a dial hunter gives it all sorts of potential.

I am concerned about the upcoming artist shift, as this book has such a distinct tone, that I don't know if the Frankenstein artist (who's name escapes me), is up for the task.

I think that was the point, that they were supposed to be seen as big threats when in reality they were little fish compared to Abyss. And Squid himself was more neutral and pragmatic than evil. He just wanted to find his companion and go home, but X.N. kept him stuck there and used him to try and find Abyss for her own purposes. She was the truly villainous one, but in the grand scheme of things she was just a little too proud and couldn't really match up to Abyss or the shadow on the line.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Hey guys, do you think maybe people should be sending in suggestions for new heroes to appear in Dial H like they used to?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.