Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Physics-defying comic uniforms (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Physics-defying comic uniforms
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I mean, you can point to ANY supposed "spandex" uniform and how it seems to show every ripple, sinew and ab line! I've yet to see any fabric that can do that!

And, hey, if it shows all that, why not detailed penis outlines or cameltoe, right? Strange that this magical fabric can be so modest at its discretion!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I mean, you can point to ANY supposed "spandex" uniform and how it seems to show every ripple, sinew and ab line! I've yet to see any fabric that can do that!

And, hey, if it shows all that, why not detailed penis outlines or cameltoe, right? Strange that this magical fabric can be so modest at its discretion!

CAMELTOE. I would sincerely pay money to see a comic book character comment on the whole cameltoe thing. Surely someone, at some point, has done so.

HAHA. Wonder what happens to those superheroes when they see something that turns them on? *DIES* Imagine the humiliation. XD

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The skintight costumes that freak me out are the ones that show veins. Overly defined musculature has been around for pretty much the entire history of comic book superheroes, but bulgy veins? No thank you!

And the less said about mammaltoe, the better.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:

Click for fullsize image

bwahahahahaha I've never seen them in that shape before haha!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I've ALWAYS been weirded out by those bodybuilders that have all those icky bulging veins and stuff! I imagine the vein exploding and the dude falling dead on the spot.

I'm reminded of Strong Guy from X-Factor. Didn't he DIE from that? Like, didn't he have a major heart attack and fall over dead?

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
One costume - if it's even that - that has baffled me is Mary in the new-52 "I, Vampire" series. I don't buy it, but I do read the preview pages on Newsarama et al, and it looks to me like she's completely naked with magenta lines in strategic spots. No visible nipple-bumps (and forget about camel toe), but these "modesty" lines seem to be completely unsupported.

Unless she's actually wearing a body stocking.

Do any of you read it regularly? What's up with her...attire, such as it is?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
One thing that I've used to suspend disbelief with the Legion at least (I'm looking at you, Shadow Lass!) is that everyone is assumed to *also* be wearing 'transsuits' that are transparent and cover everything, so, even when they look mostly naked, they are still covered head to toe in an outfit that is durable enough to protect them from extremes of pressure, temperature, vacuum and radiation. (Even if it's about as concealing as those clear vinyl tops the lead singer of Missing Persons used to wear.)

Non-invulnerable folk of either gender who run around with a ton of exposed flesh, in a career where people shooting fire and lightning at you, and / or stuff exploding right next to you on a daily basis, is just silly.

If the Hulk wants to run around in pants that mysteriously never rip in the one strategic place my pants *always* rip, he's at least mostly impervious to harm (and, presumably, embarassment). But Tigra, fur or no fur, should be wearing a flak jacket, and some sort of eye protection!

Starfire had the flimsy excuse of being 'solar-powered' for going to war in a bikini, but that didn't stop Superman and Cyclops, both also deriving power from sunlight, from wearing full body suits!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
But then when Tigra or Starfire go into battle we cant see the cuts and blood all over their thighs and bosoms and stuff.

[Wink]

sick sick men.

but on a serious note ... Starfire's uniform never looked very comfortable ... metal and two sizes too small!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
One costume - if it's even that - that has baffled me is Mary in the new-52 "I, Vampire" series. I don't buy it, but I do read the preview pages on Newsarama et al, and it looks to me like she's completely naked with magenta lines in strategic spots. No visible nipple-bumps (and forget about camel toe), but these "modesty" lines seem to be completely unsupported.

Unless she's actually wearing a body stocking.

Do any of you read it regularly? What's up with her...attire, such as it is?

This one I sort of place in the "she's a different species" sort of thing. Maybe...when she became a vampire she...I don't...

Okay, right, so i'll put this one into the same category as Witchblade. There is a sentient, sticky substance attached to all the delicate areas that moves with...so it can be like body paint?

...I'm clueless. Perhaps it's tape.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I thought it was her skin ... like in a video game character ... I don't think they thought about it much. just tried to make it look cool.
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Starfire had the flimsy excuse of being 'solar-powered' for going to war in a bikini, but that didn't stop Superman and Cyclops, both also deriving power from sunlight, from wearing full body suits!

Compare, OTOH, Mike Grell's Night Girl costume. On someone *depowered* by sunlight!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/63935-leeanna-vamp-vampirella-playboy-halloween.html

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll need to inspect that more closely...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

She looks incredibly into her cosplay.
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone see Mike Barr's "Psi-Mage"
If there is a costume that defies gravity, that one fits the bill

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.