Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Why's it Always Got to be a Villain, Huh?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why's it Always Got to be a Villain, Huh?
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
OK... now it's getting personal.

First Dave Hackett points out that the new "Dial H" series has a villain named "Ex Nihilo"...

...and now Peebz points me to this:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41793

These comic writers are gonna give me a complex! [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

You know what it is, don't you?

It's that damned terminal "O"!

Urthlo, Landro, Nardo, Meglaro, Universo... on and on, a terminal O just predisposes a guy to villany.

Thank god Mama Nihil had the presense of mind to spare me that fate.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Mysterio, Kanjar Ro, and Starro.

You should be proud to have left such a lasting impression on comics creators that they want to name villains after you. This begs the question, though, as to what you did to leave such an impression: cut them off in traffic, spill drinks on them at conventions, send them irate fan letters . . .? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really surprised there isn't a Batman villain whose real name is Xenophon Nihilo or something. [Hmmm?]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
That's just Bizarro!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
...It's that damned terminal "O"!...

Wolverine's fiance' Mariko was a good gal, but of course she ended up six feet under. It figures.

[Roll Eyes]

And whatever happened to Halo? She was all right.

[ October 23, 2012, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This seems like a classic predestination thing. You can fight it all you want, Ex. You're evil, brother. [No] [choke]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
embrace it. Besides we all know villains are smart and industrious. (looking at you EX-O)
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Maybe it's one of those "Bruce Gordon" things where I'm mostly good, but the exact combination of elements would bring out that dark side.

Oh, hey... on a completely unrelated note... you'll never guess what I got in the mail yesterday. I think it must have been delivered to the wrong address or something - the package was unmarked and really beat up - but somebody accidentally sent... a black diamond!

Dude... how lucky is that?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[No]

And so it begins...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel it in my bowels ... something big is coming.

[ October 24, 2012, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
No ****.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What about Mr. Roboto hm? .... He's a swell dude!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.