Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Excuse me? GREATEST Hits?!?!?! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Excuse me? GREATEST Hits?!?!?!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I'm on Amazon.com, ordering Paula Abdul's Greatest Hits (don't ask), and they gave me the option of also ordering the greatest hits of... Tiffany. Ummm... you mean she released more than, like, three songs that got on the charts? Seriously? Wow. Maybe I should go look for Gerardo's Greatest Hits next [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually amazed that Paula Abdul has enough to fill up an album. Is it like every song she released?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I'm actually amazed that Paula Abdul has enough to fill up an album. Is it like every song she released?

Plus a few I've never heard of [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
and a few album fillers too.... [Big Grin]
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Geez, next you're all going to be bagging my purchase of "Martika's All-Time Smash Hits."
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dexy's Midnight Runners
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Geez, next you're all going to be bagging my purchase of "Martika's All-Time Smash Hits."

I'm sure it's a great CD.

Toy Soldiers (Single Version)
Toy Soldiers (Radio Edit Version)
Toy Soldiers (DJ Dizzy Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Club Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Smoking Hot Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Turbo Remix)

Oh, plus "I Feel The Earth Move"

[Smile]

Actually, did she have any more hits than those two? I honestly can't think of any, but that hardly means anything.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget "Toy Soldiers: Unplugged"
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I'm sure it's a great CD.

Toy Soldiers (Single Version)
Toy Soldiers (Radio Edit Version)
Toy Soldiers (DJ Dizzy Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Club Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Smoking Hot Mix)
Toy Soldiers (Turbo Remix)

Oh, plus "I Feel The Earth Move"

[Smile]

Actually, did she have any more hits than those two? I honestly can't think of any, but that hardly means anything.

Actually, that's one more hit than I'd have remembered.

And don't forget the acapella verion of Toy Soldiers!

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I hear Alannah Myles is releasing "Black Velvet: the Greatest Hits" soon as well! [Phantom Girl]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Is that the same "I Feel The Earth Move" that Carole King wrote in the 70's?

I didn't realize Martika covered that. Oh, Toy Soldiers. That's up there with other 80's one-hit wonders such as Vanilla Ica and A-Ha!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Off the top of my head, I can think of enough Paula Abdul hits to nearly half-fill a cd-- (Straight Up, Cold Hearted, Forever Your Girl, Rush Rush) so I'm not surprised about her cd.

Tiffany's other hit was 'Could've Been'. Did she HAVE any other singles...?

And you guys quit slammin' Martika! Yes, her other chart hit was the remake of 'I Feel The Earth Move' (and nicely done I thought) but she wrote 'Toy Soldiers' herself and it was a number 1!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Off the top of my head, I can think of enough Paula Abdul hits to nearly half-fill a cd-- (Straight Up, Cold Hearted, Forever Your Girl, Rush Rush) so I'm not surprised about her cd.

Yeah, then there's "Opposites Attract", and THAT'S IT! Okay, there might have been a couple of more hits I'm forgetting, but eight or nine total at best. Pretty short for a cd...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Yeah, like "Promise of a New Day" and "It's Just The Way That You Love Me." :-)

I can't BELIEVE I can remember that many Paula Abdul songs.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I'd take Martika over either Paula Abdul (whose only song I **liked** was COLD HEARTED, 'cuz of the killer video and the bitchen rap she does in it) OR Tiffany the Playboy Bunny!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.