Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Excuse me? GREATEST Hits?!?!?! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Excuse me? GREATEST Hits?!?!?!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, though I'd forgotten all about it...!

Okay, so who here liked Milli Vanilli? I liked 'Girl You Know It's True' well before I ever saw the video. It's a shame they were too embarassed to use the actual vocalist's image in the videos. He wasn't THAT fat...! The other MV song I liked was 'Baby Don't Forget My Number'.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Yes, though I'd forgotten all about it...!

Okay, so who here liked Milli Vanilli? I liked 'Girl You Know It's True' well before I ever saw the video. It's a shame they were too embarassed to use the actual vocalist's image in the videos. He wasn't THAT fat...! The other MV song I liked was 'Baby Don't Forget My Number'.

i think there was one called 'Blame it on the rain' ?? i quite liked that one ....

what about THE JETS and 'Crush on you' ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVED the Jets! Make It Real and Cross My Broken Heart were my two favorites of their songs. I have their greatest hits collection, but only on cassette [Smile]

I totally lusted after one of the brothers in that group. His name escapes me at the moment (after all, I wanted to do him, not date him [Wink] ), but I think he was the only brother with light colored hair (I think it might have been reddish).

[ July 11, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Princess Crujectra ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
all i remember about THE JETS were, there was about 7 of them, and they were all brothers and sisters [ and were two of them twins ?? ]

and they were really young ??? was the lead singer about 13 or something ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
They were all brothers and sisters, the Wolfgramm family. They ranged in age from around 13 to around 19, I think. The one I liked, Eugene, was only in the group for two years, and the rest continued on throughtout the 80s. They have recently gotten back together as Jett17 (I think), but with a different lineup. A few of the originals have been joined by some other relatives (cousins and such)

Guess who did a web search after her last post? [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I loved you
You didn't feel the same
Though we're apart
You're in my heart
Give me one more chance
To make it real....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Okay, anyone remember ATLANTIC STARR and their 2 memorable hits:

Secret lovers
That's what we are
We try so hard to hide
The way we feel
'Cause we both belong
To someone else
But we can't let go
'Cause what we feel
Is oh so real, so real, so real

and the even bigger

Ooooh you're like the sun
Chasing all of the rain away
And when you come around
You bring brighter days
Youre the perfect one
For me and you forever will be
And I will love you so
For always

MAN, did I love those songs!!!! Do they have a greatest hits I can buy?

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Don't get me wrong: there's alot of today's music that I love, but there was just something about the music of the 80s. It was fun, it wasn't overly "complex" and "meaningful", but it just made ya feel good and want to sing along [Smile]

I just recently found a local radio station that features a gruntload of 80s music. Needless to say I've been listening to it every time I get in my car.

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, even "99 Red Balloons" is somehow more uplifting than most of what we get today. There just seemed to be more, I don't know, spirit(?) passion(?) to the music then.

[Hey! I finally made it to Candidate! [Big Grin] ]

[ July 13, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^Yeah, I just read the lyrics for both versions of 99 Luftballoons for the first time (since I had never heard the English version, and I don't know German), and Gob is it depressing! Never would have thought that such an upbeat sounding song would be so dark.
Quick poll:English or german version, which do you prefer?

[ July 18, 2003, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: The Big Bad ]

From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Bad:
^Yeah, I just read the lyrics for both versions of 99 Luftballoons for the first time (since I had never heard the English version, and I don't know German), and Gob is it depressing! Never would have thought that such an upbeat sounding song would be so dark.
Quick poll:English or german version, which do you prefer?

The German version. I also prefer the German version of Du Hast by Rammstein. German songs lose their flavor when you hear the lyrics in English.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Okay, anyone remember ATLANTIC STARR and their 2 memorable hits:

Secret lovers
That's what we are
We try so hard to hide
The way we feel
'Cause we both belong
To someone else
But we can't let go
'Cause what we feel
Is oh so real, so real, so real

and the even bigger

Ooooh you're like the sun
Chasing all of the rain away
And when you come around
You bring brighter days
Youre the perfect one
For me and you forever will be
And I will love you so
For always

MAN, did I love those songs!!!! Do they have a greatest hits I can buy?

yeah !! i remember them "ALWAYS" was a big favourite of mine at the time ...

Matthew.

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I also prefer the German version of "99 Luftballoons." It's a very different tale than the one in the English lyrics. (Example: The war in the German version lasts 99 years!)

I also liked Falco's original German version of "Der Kommissar" better than the After The Fire remake in English.

Drah di net um (uh, oh)
Ja Ja, Der Kommissar geht um

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

An early 90s group that doesn't get enough respect:

TECHNOTRONIC!

I *know* they had 3 hits, but can only remember 2...

SHAKE THAT BODY (which got huge exposure in a commercial Cindy Crawford was in)

PUMP UP THE JAM

-- What was the third? Please help, it's driving me crazy!

FYI-

I didn't know Technotronic was still around, but they just had a new CD reviewed in a gay mag here (it got a poor review).

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Bad:
Quick poll:English or german version [of 99 Luftballons], which do you prefer?

German -- I like singing lyrics that I have no idea what they mean (except for "Captain Kirk" hehe)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.