Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Random quote madness!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Random quote madness!!!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Arthur C. Clarke

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
“I'm not against the police, I'm just afraid of them.” - Alfred Hitchcock (the “Master of Terror”)
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And a few more from the esteemed Mr. Clarke:

"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale."

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."

"I don't pretend we have all the answers. But the questions are certainly worth thinking about."

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist says that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he says it is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

"All explorers are seeking something they have lost. It is seldom that they find it, and more seldom still that the attainment brings them greater happiness than the quest."

"Human judges can show mercy. But against the laws of nature, there is no appeal."

"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him."

"A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets."

"Chemistry is a trade for people without enough imagination to be physicists."

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

"If people don't come to the ballpark, how are you gonna stop them?" - Yogi Berra
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"I can't get this tree right...Damn, I will kill everyone in the world!"-Eddie Izzard on how an artist (Hitler), turned into a mass murdering fuckhead.

"And that's the secret to traveling at the speed of light."-Starfire, from the new Teen Titans cartoon. Funny cause it just seems out of place.

From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

"The high office of President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the Americans freedom, and before I leave office I must inform the citizen of his plight."

John Fitzgerald Kennedy at Columbia University, 10 days before his assassination.

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
"Sorry, your worship!"

"Would you PLEASE stop calling me that?"

"Sure, Leia."

"You know, you make it REALLY hard sometimes."

"I do, I really do. You could be a bit nicer, though. Admit it, sometimes you think I'm all right."

"Occasionally. When you aren't acting like a scoundrel."

"A scoundrel? SCOUNDREL? I like the sound of that."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"My hands are dirty."

"My hands are dirty too. What are you afraid of?"

"Afraid? I'm not afraid."

"You're trembling. You like me BECAUSE I'm a scoundrel. You need a scoundrel in your life."

"I happen to like nice men."

"I'm nice men."

"Ho you're not, you're MMMMMMMPPPPPHHHHH"

<<<BIG KISS>>>

"Sir! Sir! I think I've isolated the problem in the reverse power coupling!!!"

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18.” - Einstein
Reep
Resigned

“There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on senators.” - Will Rogers
Reep
Resigned

“Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.” - Groucho Marx
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reep:
“I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.” - Steven Wright

BWAHAHAHAHA [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Reep
Resigned

"All right, everybody line up alphabetically according to your height." - Casey Stengel
Reep
Resigned

“On the other hand, you have different fingers.” - Steven Wright
Reep
Resigned

“I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.” - Unknown

“Life is a long lesson in humility.” - James M. Barrie

“The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy.” - Alfred North Whitehead

Reep
Resigned

“I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize” - Steven Wright
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.