Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Random quote madness!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Random quote madness!!!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
"The people you meet when you don't have a gun."

-Ryan Stiles, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

This is actually a take on 'background chatter' used in British comedies, most notably Are You Being Served?. Whenever they needed talking going on behind the coversation of focus they would say "The things you see when you haven't got your gun.". The phrase also made it into the script a number of times for other instances.

It makes sense to hear Ryan Stiles say it since he was on the British version of Who's Line. I love that show.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

George Carlin

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Great thread for Boosting Posts Count and Testing That Signature ...

"The Church of the SuperGenius continues to worship Wile E. Coyote.
We are currently denying the existence of a secret gnostic inner
group, known as the Church of Wile E. Coyote, Scientist, whose
esoteric doctrine is that this entire world was built by ACME."
-- Arthur D. Hlavaty

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been
ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read
them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things --
including the fear of childishness and the desire to be grown-up."
-- C.S. Lewis

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

"What about that 'Elisa' you left back in Michigan?"
"Oh, she isn't real. Just someone I made up."
"Well, them's the best kind. Right now -- I need the worst kind!"
-- Ben (Lee Marvin) and Pardner (Clint Eastwood) in "Paint Your Wagon"

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's more the way it is now than it's ever been. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Now, don't everypanic body, just because the comesters are ganging!"
-- The Skipper, "Gilligan's Island"

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
"The people you meet when you don't have a gun."

-Ryan Stiles, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

This is actually a take on 'background chatter' used in British comedies, most notably Are You Being Served?. Whenever they needed talking going on behind the coversation of focus they would say "The things you see when you haven't got your gun.". The phrase also made it into the script a number of times for other instances.

It makes sense to hear Ryan Stiles say it since he was on the British version of Who's Line. I love that show.

Man, you learn something new on this board everyday. Thanks for the info!

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Hazards are risks, and risks are chances."
-- Fairport Convention (lyrics by Sandy Denny), "Stranger to Himself"

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
“Room service? Send up a larger room.” - Groucho Marx
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

"You know I'm tempermental" - Curley
"Yeah, 95% temper, 5% mental" - Moe

Lightning Lad
Founder

" I'm trying to think, but nothin' happens " - Curley
Lightning Lad
Founder

"If you're going to cheat, cheat fair. If there's anything I hate it's a crooked crook!" -Moe
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"I said, 'Do you speak-a my language?'
He just smiled and gave me a vegamite sandwich."
-- Men at Work, "The Land Downunder"

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"You girls have everything: you're tall and short, skinny and stout, blonde and brunette, and that's just the kind of woman I like." Groucho Marx, as Captain Spaulding, in Animal Crackers
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.