Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Games you love (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Games you love
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Trivial Pursuit, Spades, Hearts, Canasta (hell, most card games, actually)

Comnputer games phase: Heretic & Doom

I learned how to play D & D years ago when it first became popular but soon lost touch with the people I knew that played it and couldn't remember how it's played today if you asked!

Never played any of the role playing games though I suspect I would really enjoy them.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Risk and still play it often. In fact I played it with some of my students nearly every day during lunch last school year.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
backgammon, clue, scrabble, guessture, etc....but my favorite right now is playing Heroclix!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
D&D spells that make you giggle:

Magic Mouth
Bigby's Grasping Hand
Bigby's Clenched Fist

I kept waiting for them to come up with Bigby's Rosie Palms... [Laugh Out Loud]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
We were big Risk geeks in high school. We even went so far as to trace one of those big National Geographic world maps and added Antarctica as a continent, divided into such countries as New Penguin, and then came up with a boat grid and rules for naval engagements.

My family is big into gaming at birthday parties and such. We play Rage, by the makers of Uno, Oodles, Taboo and Outburst. We also pulled out the old Pictionary at one recent party and discovered that my husband and I are a good team.

Over the last few Christmases, I've gotten Scooby-Doo Clue and the JLA Monopoly set, too. Way cool!

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I love my Scooby-Doo Clue and The Simpsons Clue -- though I do wish the Scooby-Doo "spaces," cards, and artwork were as original and clever as those in The Simpsons version... I was also thinking of getting the D&D version, but then decided I was probably exceeding my quota of Clue variants...
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I used to love Connect Four, Monopoly, Sorry, Operation, Rummy 500, mah jong and for a brief time I was really into D&D.

I also have a "Six Million Dollar Man" game that's in almost mint condition -- think that's worth anything?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I used to love Connect Four...

"Connect Four!"

"Where?!"

"There -- diagonally!"

"... Pretty sneaky, sis!"

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
And the coup de grace of the game was releasing the checkers so they all tumbled out onto the table in a beautiful cacophany of chaos after you've spent all the time trying to create some semblance of order (four in a row anyway).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.