Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Does anyone else watch ALIAS??? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does anyone else watch ALIAS???
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I was just curious, since I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that show!!!

Jennifer Garner quite frankly kicks ass in almost every way possible in that show. Her character, Syndey Bristow, has brains, BEAUTY, and is swiftly becoming in my opinion one of the best pop-culture super-spies EVER. And her family! Her father, Jack Bristow (played by Victor Garber, one of the biggest actors that everyone has seen but no one knows) is cunning, ruthless, but inherently good (or IS he? That's one of the fun parts of the show!) And her MOTHER!!! Let's just say that this last season, Lena Olin has become maybe my FAVORITE older actress on television. I hope she wins the best supporting Emmy for her portrayal of Irina Derevko, because she ABSLOTUTELY deserves it. That character is one of the most complex characters I have ever seen, And let's not forget Sloan... a simply incredible badguy. I can't get into the plot of the show in this post... it is simply too rich (much like people have claimed the Legion to be over the years) but this season 3 is an EXCELLENT jumping-on point,because, due to the season 2 ending cliffhanger, EVERYTHING has changed and all viewers, new and old, are now in the same boat.

So, are there any other Alias-lovers out there at Legion World??? Stand up and let your voice be heard!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, KP. Jennifer Garner gets on my nerves. Dumping Scott Foley was the last straw. I stop by every once in a while to see the other Felicity castmembers make their appearances though.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I, for one, have enjoyed Alias quite a bit!

Though I'm honsetly afraid they're going to kill the show by revamping to much...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i wished i'd seen more of this series !!!

i just never got the chance to follow it fully, kept missing episodes, i do plan on buying the DVD boxset of season 1, when it comes out !!!

so what was the major "cliffhanger" that changed everything ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE Jennifer Garner. After I bought the Daredevil DVD, I watched the fight scene between her and Matt Murdock on the playground about a dozen times. She has an amazing smile and this amazing natural beauty. She literally took my breath away in the scene at the hotel party where she's wearing the silver gown.

And I REALLY like Alias, but I never go out of my way to watch it. You didn't mention Michael Vartan as Agent Vaughn *dreamy sigh*.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caleb:
She has an amazing smile and this amazing natural beauty.

she is very hot !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Caleb:
You didn't mention Michael Vartan as Agent Vaughn *dreamy sigh*.

i really liked him in "Never Been Kissed" [ with Drew Barrymore ] !!! i love the part where they're on the FERRIS WHEEL !!!

Matthew.

Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

i just never got the chance to follow it fully, kept missing episodes, i do plan on buying the DVD boxset of season 1, when it comes out !!!

Matthew.

Well, basically, after a big knock-down drag-out with her roommate Francie, who wasn't her roommate after all but another superspy biologically made over to exactly resemble Francie (the real Francie was brutally murdered), she was knocked unconcsious, and then, after a weird Twin Peaksish moment, woke up in Hong Kong 2 years later, with absolutely NO memory of what had transpired in the past 2 years. So, she (and all of US) are waiting for the mystery of what excatly happened that night to unfold. Another big mystery is that now we don't know what has happened to any of the major characters (except Michael Vaughn) in the past 2 years!

I agree with you, Calbe, about Vaughn, he IS ultra-dreamy! I've actually heard rumors linking him to the possibility of a movie portrayal of Captain America! I think he'd be perfect for Steve Rogers!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

Matthew.

Well, basically, after a big knock-down drag-out with her roommate Francie, who wasn't her roommate after all but another superspy biologically made over to exactly resemble Francie (the real Francie was brutally murdered), she was knocked unconcsious, and then, after a weird Twin Peaksish moment, woke up in Hong Kong 2 years later, with absolutely NO memory of what had transpired in the past 2 years. So, she (and all of US) are waiting for the mystery of what excatly happened that night to unfold. Another big mystery is that now we don't know what has happened to any of the major characters (except Michael Vaughn) in the past 2 years!

I agree with you, Calbe, about Vaughn, he IS ultra-dreamy! I've actually heard rumors linking him to the possibility of a movie portrayal of Captain America! I think he'd be perfect for Steve Rogers!

thanks for the info KP !!!

that sounds like a very cool plot twist !!!

Matthew.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE Alias! It's an amazing show! They already rewrote the status quo this season in the Superbowl ep, so for them to do it again was a big surprise (assuming it's not a trick of some kind -- it'd be the kind of thing the IM team used to pull back in the day).

I can see how rebooting the show too much could kill it, but I think it's kept things alive -- things had been getting a bit repetitive before SD-6 got taken down (something I totally didn't see coming when it happened). And adding Lena Olin was another great breathe of fresh air.

The show's starting to remind me of "Buffy" in that there's a main creative force who seems loyal to the actors he works with. Joss Whedon took actors from "Firefly" and gave them the major baddie roles in "Angel" and "Buffy" and several cast members from "Felicity" are popping up on "Alias". I laughed seeing Amanda Foreman as an FBI agent considering who she played on "Felicity" (and lookit who she hooks up with (again!)). I guess we won't be seeing Scott Foley anytime soon though (although it'd be something if he came on as a bad guy trying to kill Sydney).

My big question is: what happened with Slaone?? Last we saw, he had the ultimate Rimbaldi weapon-thing, whatever it was. What's he been doing with it for the last two years?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I love me some Alias!!! And I like Jennifer Garner MORE b/c she dumped Scott Foley, which makes him available. [Smile]

I didn't get into Alias until the beginning of the second season. I think it's brilliant how they can re-write the status quo and keep it going with such quality. Even the details (like the dancey music they play in the background during missions) impress me. Lena Olin is AMAZING. This show is always moving and keeps you on your toes.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Add me to the "A"-lias list. This is the best show on the tube that's not reality TV.
Best twist: Evil Francie.
Best fight: Francie vs Sydney
Best Sydney Alias: her "Run Lola Run" rendition in the season premiere

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen the show a few times, but my wife is hooked! LOVE Jennifer Garner! Rowr!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
What do you guys think of the Rimbaldi device Slone had?
What did he call it...
"the telling"?

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I'm not sure if I remember that one. Was it the one that made all the people in the cathedral burst into flame?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.