Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » getting LOST tomorrow [ with the END in sight ! ] (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: getting LOST tomorrow [ with the END in sight ! ]
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
For the first Locke centered episode? Number four, "Walkabout".

this episode is on tonight !! can't wait .....

Matthew.

so !! Locke was wheelchair bound before the plane crash !!?? [ perhaps they landed on PARADISE ISLAND and the 'Purple Ray' was used on them !!

he even got face to face with the 'things' !!?? although we don't get a reveal !! and he doesn't tell anyone [ interesting ] ..........

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just wait Matthew. The mystery that is Locke only deepens. I still think he is the most interesting character of the group.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from Matthew, as in Fox?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Just wait Matthew. The mystery that is Locke only deepens. I still think he is the most interesting character of the group.

Seconded. My favorite too.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Locke's the man. The second episode to spotlight him (where we find out how he got in the chair) is even better than the first - it's a gut wrencher.

[ August 19, 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i made sure i watched them again, just to see if i missed anything the first time !!

I'm sure there's a lot there. Be sure to keep an eye out for those recurring numbers... [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
just finished watching episodes 5 & 6 !!

more interesting points, where is JACK's fathers body ??

who are the bodies found in the cave and how long have they been there ??

what did LOCKE 'see' and where is the 'eye' of the island ??

what do the black & white stones mean ??

why did SUN not leave her husband ??

will she reveal to him, she can speak english ??

oh !!! so many questions ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'm beyond psyched for Season Two!

On Sunday night, my brothers and I bought Season One on DVD, and I've been watching it after work! I just watched Claire's flashback episode last night, about mid-way through the season! What a great series...there was so much I missed the first time around.

And Locke definately is my favorite, but there are so many other great characters on the show.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The DVDs are awesome. Cobie if you find any "easter eggs" tell me and I'll spill for you too...
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I've just ordered Season 1 on region 1 DVD - should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

It looks like the Region 2 is going to be issued in two halfs, at not much less each than the complete Region 1 box set.

So, for the Brits in the audience, if you've got access to a Region 1 DVD player, or can hack your machine, playusa.com have got them available. They appear to run out quickly, but they get them in fairly regularly.

it also means that you'll be about 6 months ahead of your friends, but you'll have a better idea of just what the hell this lot are talking about.

[ September 16, 2005, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Ghost of Numf-El ]

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
The DVDs are awesome. Cobie if you find any "easter eggs" tell me and I'll spill for you too...

Vu, I've been going through the episodes and am up to the Jack/Locke searching for Claire episode (I think that kinda doesn't give much away to our British buddies [Big Grin] )

I've been looking for little Easter Eggs, and a lot of what I'm seeing is stuff that might be obvious to you already (for most of the early eps, this is my first viewing). The reason I love DVDs is that you can get a better sense of the subplots and character motivations, which could be lost when there is a week break.

That being said--please send on these nuggets to me!!! [Big Grin] I'm loving them, and can't wait for some. I'll try to go over some other things in my head and see if there was anything I might have...

Here's some stuff, but not really any surprises:
.SPOILERS.

- First, it didn't occur to me in the finale, that Rosseau says the Others want 'the child', and then they don't come after the baby, but instead, Walt is taken. D'oh! It was Walt they were after, the *other* child. The others are then the people who took Walt? (Or some of them). I'm still not up to the episodes where Claire reappears, so I have to see Ethan's final ending...but do they ever reveal much about him?

- Locke really is an enigma. When he says 'I've looked into the eye of this island", this feels like a reference to looking into the Monster's eyes. Thus, the monster=essence of the island, in some way. Rosseau herself said there was no monster.

- I really want to go back and see more about the Numbers.

You know, I thought for sure I might have some insight, but now its all slipping away [Big Grin] . I'll post more when it comes back to me.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

just watched the BEST episode yet !!!

the one with Sayid, finding 'Danielle' !!!???

but ........ i think i've spoilt the season finale for myself, i was watching the E! coverage of 'Live From The Red Carpet' for the EMMY AWARDS and they were showing some clips from 'LOST' and i think, i've seen TOO much !!!???

2 big scenes were shown, and i'm pretty sure they must be the final scenes from season1 !!??

and also there were some interviews with the cast, where they mentioned some pretty BIG things !!!???

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

well there's just one episode of season one to air in the UK, now !!

on reflection of the whole season [ bar the finale ] it's been a brilliantly written, directed, acted and produced show, but it hasn't so far, been my best show of the year !!?? ...... sorry [Embarrassed]

don't get me wrong i have [Love] it, the only thing i would put against it, is the pace it moves, i found it to be a little slow at times [ and some people i knew gave up on it because of this fact, granted they don't really follow shows like this anyway !! ]

i kinda wished there were more 'cliffhangers' at the end of each episode !!

some did have brilliant ones, the HATCH light coming on the greatest so far !! but on many, the episodes just sort of 'drifted off' with them all sat around the camp fire !!

i think i compare the show to ALIAS or 24 a little too much, in regard to their episodes almost always ending on a massive 'cliffhanger' and you really can't wait for the next one !!

with the end of season one here in the UK next week, it's gonna be a 'killer' waiting for the start of season two [ especially if they wait until AUGUST to start the new one !! ]

this could reall 'kill' the show in our country, with so many people going on-line to find out what happens next, or asking someone they know in 'America' to tell them etc !!

it's a shame the TV company in the UK [ Channel 4/ E4 ] decided to wait until August of this year to show the first season !!

at the start of each year [ here in the UK ] we usually get your shows, that started in the September or October of the previous year, so we're only 2-3 months behind, and in the case of things like 24 which also starts in January for the US, we're only 2-3 weeks behind !!

so this January we'll get the return of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, SMALLVILLE and 24 !! but with that long wait for season 2 of LOST !!

it's gonna be a long hard wait, to avoid reading the spoilers here on LW about season 2, and also going on the ABC website and reading the episode descriptions ...............

Matthew.

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
That wait between Season One and Two was a killer. There's a lot of payoff in those first few S2 eps.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

season one came to an end last week, here in the UK !!

and even though i pretty much knew what the outcome was .... it was still a great 2 final episodes, very exciting !!

i was thinking that the wait, for season 2 would be a killer [ as it wouldn't return till, August or so ?? ]

but there was a trailer at the end of end of the episode [ for season 2 ] and it's gonna return in the SPRING !!

guess that can mean, March or April !!??

roll on SPRING ........

although i have been checking the ABC website and looking at some of the preview clips !!

looks like the are some really interesting dstory points coming up !!

Matthew.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.