Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Which Lost character are you? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: Which Lost character are you?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Episode 3 viewed:

CHOKE! Just as that song plays while Vincent is returned to his owner, causing your old sentimental buddy MLLASH to tear up, we end on old guy, looking tres nefarious!!

Verrrrrrrry interesting.

I'm totes gonna have to watch at least 1 more before bed...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Episode 4: We open with mysterious old guy!

oooh-- looks like the island gang will be having some bacon soon!

I like that Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Charlie seem to be the "go-to crew" for being first to explore the creepy sounds from the plane wreck-- I dub them challengers of the unknown! (I am still convinced a Challs movie or TV show could be a huge success)

Mr. LOCKE... I shan't be forgetting that name.
He knows a thing or six about boar hunting, eh?

Oh NO! Mr. Locke was a poorly-treated officeworker?? Thank you, Second Chances!

Hold up-- it occurs to me that folks should be more wary of wandering around in the woods knowing there's BEARS and BOARS in them-- I mean, Mr. Locke, Kate and Michael? Shouldn't 2 or 3 others have joined them?

J'adore Rose!!

Oh crap-- Locke's cray-cray isn't he... Helen's s sex-line worker.

Okay WTF is up with distant man in suit?

OMG!!! The "Locke SHOCK"! Wow... a miracle indeed. And something tells me THANGS don't quite work the way THANGS are supposed to on this little island.

These eps have been excellent but this goes on for SIX seasons? I hope they can maintain this level of quality.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
They do! [Smile]

It's so awesome you're watching Lost! Reading your thoughts as you see it for the first time is a lot of fun! It's bringing back the excitement I felt when I was watching!

Ep #4, the Locke episode, remains among my favorites. The end sequence still gives me goose bumps.

Keep this going!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I shall! I've been up all night, [LOL]

Epsiode 5-- dealing with Jack's dad-- very emotional!

Also it should be noted that I have warmed a little bit to Hurley.

Favorite character remains Mr. Locke for now, with Jack, Kate and Sawyer way up there too.

I am hoping we get to meet all of these castaways and figure with 6 seasons we should be able to do that!

ONE more episode-- then a nap in case anyone expects me to do anything non-Lost related today! [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Episode 6--

I really really like that they never made Charlie unlikeable (to me, yet), even though he was 'the druggie'. There wasn't anything unlikeable about him! His and our mysterious Mr. Locke's scenes were great!

Cool to discover the story of our Korean castaways. I know she is Sun but I don't know his name yet.

Not super-keen on the castaways splitting up-- it is giving me a totes LORD OF THE FLIES vibe and making me nervous!!

I'm pretty sure I could watch this until I fall flat out but I'd better go take a nap in case I'm needed for anything that requires movement today! [Smile] So glad I started LOST at last!

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes! I LOVE experiencing the joy of watching LOST for the first time again vicariously through others! This thread is going to be great!

And I knew you would like this show Lash. Just make sure you stay spoiler-free - especially as the seasons go on.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! It's so awesome to read about someone experiencing Lost for the first time!

There are certainly moment it stumbles over the course of six seasons, but I can't think of any other recent show (at least on network Tv) that produces as many moments of total awesomeness!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I lost interest in Star Trek: TNG early in season 2, but LOST appears to be a show that pulls you in and won't let go.

I slept with the phone by my bed and got no calls so it looks like I am free to view more LOST today!

After some thoughts on the subject, my early theory re: the island is that it is a purgatory of some sort-- and our castaways are being held there to help determine their final destinations. I'm basing this mainly on Mr. Locke-- his ability to walk on the island, and his reference to 'light and dark'... perhaps our castaways were too "in the middle" and need additional time/experiences to determine wether they are actually good or bad people?

What's poking holes in my theory is the presence of a young child on the island (it is doubtful Walt could be more 'dark' than 'light' in soul at such a young age) and the fact that some of the castaways met such quick ends (i.e., 'Guy sucked into air intake' and 'Pulled into ocean by riptide lass')

Anyway, on to episode 7!

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. [Wink]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E7:

Oh dear-- it looks like Charlie and Locke's relationship might be a bit more twisted than I thought... I really hope Charlie doesn't do anything too nutso... even the most hardcore junkie MUST realize, once he's crashed on a deserted island, that the drugs are about to run dry... and Charlie never seemed TOo too hardcore, he seemed pretty functionable... (well, except for that outburst right before the plane went down). Hmm-- maybe I am thinking too highly of Charlie...

Looks like the caves are NOT so ideal-- oh NO! they wouldn't do away with Jack this early in the series would they?? I can totally understand Charlie's upset-- hearing "I don't need you right now" from foxy Jack would hurt my feeling too [Smile]

Shades of THE DESCENT! *adds caves to list of phobias* "I'm here to rescue you!" [Big Grin] I think I have a crush on sweet little Charlie, despite the darker turn his life had taken pre-crash. All the broken little things I want to put back together...

Sayid! Somebody konked out Sayid! And I was sure Shannon would forget to fire her rocket...

Very powerful episode. I absolutely love Mr. Locke.

If my 'purgatory' theory is right, Charlie's time on the island may be coming to a close now that his 'light' has overcome his 'dark'.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. [Wink]

I probably will do so in the future some cold, rainy day, Dave.

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SIDE NOTE: After first experiencing Ian S. as the sneering, sexy, deadly force of nature he is in The Vampire Diaries, it's weird to see him as such a "little boy" in LOST! His and Shannon's relationship is more on the level of little kids than adults so far, certainly.

-

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!

There's a lot to be said for the communal experience of spending 5+ years speculating with fellow posters on the internet speculating about aliens, dinosaurs, nanobot clouds, and alternate timelines!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jeepers!! It appears I have LOTS to look forward to! [Wink] I am also looking forward to finding out what you all thought of the various characters!

And NOW-- Episode 8!

GASP!! Sawyer how dare you de-pretty Ian S.'s (Boone, I think is his name) face!

Hmm. I may be changing my 'like' view on Sawyer-- it is beyond insane that he can just be allowed to take whatever he wants out of other survivors' luggage and claim it 'finders keepers' style. If he had something out of MY luggage I'd be going at him repeatedly until I took him down or he took ME out...

Yeah... I'm convinced Sawyer needs a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking.

It is really pissing me off watching Shannon gasp for air while Sawyer walks by with STOLEN MEDICINE. Why don't Boone, Jack, and a couple others go KICK HIS ASS and take what is rightfuly THEIRS anyway? Being stranded on an island is NOT the time and place to turn yourself into a little dictator--- Oh good, Jack punched him a couple times. I feel better.

Do I feel bad about Sawyer's torture scene? Absolutely NOT. Scumbag deserved it. Can't wait to see what the rest of you thought, though...

OH... so he never had it anyway. Seems like the jerk could've SAID something to that effing effect previously.

Meanwhile, I am really ready for Sun to tell off her hypercrazy husband and am TOTES into her being 'natural plant remedies' chick!!

*GLARE* Well... I can see this show is going to be an emotional roller coaster. Well played, LOST, turning my anger at Sawyer into pity. I think I will leave him over in the dislike column for the nonce anyway, he can keep 75% of Hurley and 100% of Korean husband company there.

And Sayid leaves, to map the island-- definitely something that needs to be done. I wonder what he'll find?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Loving the Lash recaps!

Charlie was a favorite of mine too. Hurley gets more development later on. I totes predict Sawyer and Jin (Korean husband guy) end up in your like column before the end of season six.

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.