Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » halloween films !! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: halloween films !!
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
C'moooooon....H20 is great if you like that 90's teen post-modern horror kinda thing. It stuck to the formula perfectly...even had the "Big Name Star" death in the first 15 minutes. though Im not sure Joseph Gordon-Levitt qualifies as a Big Name anymore....though he was in 98'.

Has anyone seen the rare-bootleg "Directors Cut" of Halloween 6? its a completely different movie..makes abit more sense even [Razz]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
And Joy of Joys H20 is on TV tonight. Taste the Radness.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
I think everything from H20 forward has been lame

wouldnt that make it only one movie past H2O, halloween resurrection( i think)
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

yep. which in a sense is true. Resurrection was Lame. Silly Silly Tyra Banks.

they're working on #9 now....Halloween : Retribution

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

I do however have Tyra Banks' Single on my Ipod. But I also have Paris Hilton's "Screwed" Single. So thats saying something (though Im not sure what)

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
I think everything from H20 forward has been lame

My favorite is Halloween 4

Matt, my favorites are 4, 5 & 6. Despite any cheesiness, these are the most fun and creepiest IMO. I can't stress how much I LOVE these films.

H2O didn't really do it for me and the last one was crap. No way Busta Rhymes should be talking smack to Michael Myers...they should have had him get decapitated or something awful.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe-Boy:
C'moooooon....H20 is great if you like that 90's teen post-modern horror kinda thing. It stuck to the formula perfectly...even had the "Big Name Star" death in the first 15 minutes. though Im not sure Joseph Gordon-Levitt qualifies as a Big Name anymore....though he was in 98'.

Has anyone seen the rare-bootleg "Directors Cut" of Halloween 6? its a completely different movie..makes abit more sense even [Razz]

The late 90's post-modern bit was cool in Scream I thought, but damn that got really tired after awhile. I don't even mind "I know what you did last summer" or "Urban Legend", but I'm glad that formula is done with for the time being.

Directors Cut for Halloween 6? What in the name of all that's gory...? I have *got* to find this! Tell me more!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"The more Christopher Lee (now my favorite Dracula of all time) the better."

I have all of these on tape. Love some of 'em, enjoy others despite themselves (heehee). One unfortunate problem there seems to have been at Hammer was, they had several well-written vampire films, but most of Chris Lee's Dracula films are not among them. It makes me think they had a budget for a good script-- OR Chris Lee-- but not both!

When I saw Lee's cameo in SLEEPY HOLLOW, it made me dearly WISH he could be in a Dracula movie with that level of production, and that intelligent of a script! (My favorite recent STAR WARS moment was in Episode 2, where you got to see the sword-fight-- between "Miss Piggy" and "Count Dracula"!)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a little partial to the original Halloween movie. It was the first horror movie I ever watched. I was 12 to 14 years old, at home, alone, on Halloween night (my step mother wouldn't let us kids go trick or treating... something about not recognizing the devil's holiday, I think my sisters snuck out anyway which is why I was home alone).

I watched that movie by myself and it scared the crap out of me. After the movie, but before I went upstairs to bed... I had to check the patio door to make sure it was locked. Pulling the drapes back was probably the bravest thing I've ever done in my life. Some twenty years later, I look back on the viewing experience for the great atmosphere that it was (If only I had grown up in Haddonfield, Illinois instead of Fort Wayne, Indiana), but I was scared to death when I watched it as a kid. No movie compares to how scary that movie in that setting was... no movie. Although Showgirls is pretty scary too.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Halloween 6 : the Producers/Directors Cut

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Theres other Sites out there that go into more detail but this is just the first One I clicked on.

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ive always wanted to see that Director's Cut for H6...

Like I said, I loved halloween 4, the scene in little Jaime's bedroom still creeps me out...

Plus, as gay as I am ( [Razz] ), I had a crush on the girl who played Rachel. I was so mad she died in the next movie...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

I got a very very dodgy copy from some rogue trader at a convention in San Francisco back in '99...Im sure you can find it if you look....probably next to the original-lets only make it to reatain the rights-Roger Corman "Fantastic Four" movie (on DVD in December?
), "Legends of the Superheroes" and "Return to Riverdale". (I passed on "Return to Riverdale" but damn if "Legends.... isnt sweet as'. Expecially drunk.)

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately the recent bombings in Amman has taken the life of the executive producer of the Halloween films as well as that of his daughter. Moustapha Akkad, who financed the original Halloween and produced all the other films, died of injuries he sustained when a bomb went off in the lobby of the Grand Hyatt. His daughter was killed in the blast and Akkad was critically injured. I understand that a heart attack resulted in him not making it. [No]

RIP

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh My God. I didn't hear about this. I remember wondering who he was for years as a kid, believing him to be some sinister guy who created these scary movies. I later saw tons of interviews with him and he was such a cool guy, who promised to keep making Halloween movies for the die-hard fans if we kept watching them. As a producer, one can't argue that he went his own way and did his own thing, which I feel is the most important characterisic for anyone producing any form of art. I can't believe he died in the bombings. He'll be missed.

RIP.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Well God Damn. [Frown]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.