Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » halloween films !! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: halloween films !!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
One recent scary movie I'm really wanting to see is THE DESCENT.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, what you can do is what I did... use Google Search. You never know what you'll find!

SOMEWHERE out there, I actually found posted an ENTIRE SHOOTING SCRIPT for HALLOWEEN 6-- one of those dozen or so that WASN'T used. I skimmed most of it, but when I got to the last 1/3rd, I read it intensely. There were scenes in there between Donald Pleasense and Mitchell Ryan that were BRILLIANT. Astonishingly good!

Best line: "I even taught him how to drive!"

I got so PISSED OFF when I read it! How-- HOW could they NOT have used this material???

If I hadn't come to the conclusion before then, that made me sure the people involved in making the films were utterly depraved degenerates.

MEANWHILE... saw a really FUN serial-killer film over the weekend: SANTA'S SLAY. James Caan, Fran Drescher and "Chester" (!!!) all have uncredited cameos in the opening sequence. It's a blast! Definitely my kinda movie. (It was Chester that caught my attention-- I actually recognized him BEFORE I saw Fran!)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
The shooting Script can be found Here . theres alot of good stuff in it like Prof said - including more of Jamie Loyd.
Also check out Halloween : A new Season A pretty kick arse Fan film

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
The Saw 3 trailer is up on youtube. Looks like Dinah Meyer is going to be a victim this time around [Frown]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
At FYE this past weekend horror films were $7.99 each on DVD, a lil' Halloween Special. While I spent most of my money getting Veronica Mars Season Two, I did pick up a couple of DVDs that I've wanted to get for awhile:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Wicker Man (original)
Halloween II (my college roomate still has my old one).

Not sure who lives near an FYE, but they actually had a pretty good selection and you can't beat the pricing!

(PS - I never buy a DVD unless I've seen it before)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

One more thing--A year or two ago, Bravo aired its 'Top 100 Scariest Film Moments of all Time' or something, and it was a pretty kick-ass special. In fact, that have spurned this thread, but I'm far too lazy to click on the page one link and check. Anyone know if this will be re-airing anytime soon? The special was pretty awesome for a TV special.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't wait to see what Brewvies does for the Halloween festival they promised. From their short list, these were the five movies I suggested:

Dawn of the Dead (the remake)
28 Days Later
An American Werewolf in London
Shaun of the Dead
The Lost Boys

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's that time of year again!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the last hour or so of Halloween 5 last night on AMC. Question for Cobie and the rest of the "experts": Did or didn't the character Tina die in the scene out in the forest after Michael tried to run down Jamie? It's heavily implied that she did, especially by Jamie's reaction. But to me, it looked like a survivable wound, and it showed Tina on a gurney moments later with ot any covers over her.

I dunno. To me it looks like they're leaving her fate up in the air in case they want to use her in a sequel, but I could be wrong. I swear it bothers me every time I see that movie because I think she lived!

Of course, I'm sure no one planned for part 6 to come out six years later, so that has to be taken into consideration! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I liked the Tina character in that film, especially after she tried to shield Jamie from Michael. But I never thought that she might have survived.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Snce I made that post, Sarky, I've looked at various Wikipedia articles on the movie and the characters, and they all list Tina as having been stabbed to death. I dunno. I've only ever seen the edited-for-television version of that movie. Maybe her death's more explicit in the uncut version? [shrug]

I mean, hell, you can even argue that Loomis died in H5 after subduing Michael. Obviously, he appeared again in H6, though.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've always considered her dead but the case can definitely be made for her living. I suspect it was left open 'if needed' for a possible sequel which was originally intended to happen pretty soon after.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to find a decent image of Tina in her costume for a commission at some point.

I haven't really sat down to watch the Halloween movies in a while, but I did like parts 4, 5, and 6.

I read there was a deleted scene in H2O where Laurie Strode, under her new identity, learns from one of her students that Michael managed to kill Jamie Lloyd a couple of years ago, and she then excuses herself from the classroom to go vomit in one of the bathrooms.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.