Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Favourite "Star Wars" film (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favourite "Star Wars" film
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Nope.

well i suppose it would have to be "ROTJ" or "AOTC" ......

i'm gonna say it was "Episode II" !!

Matthew.

That's the one. I really enjoyed the political intrigue, as well as seeing the grand old days of the Jedi. I've only seen it once though, so I suppose the real test will be how it stands up on repeated viewings.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Nope.

well i suppose it would have to be "ROTJ" or "AOTC" ......

i'm gonna say it was "Episode II" !!

Matthew.

That's the one. I really enjoyed the political intrigue, as well as seeing the grand old days of the Jedi. I've only seen it once though, so I suppose the real test will be how it stands up on repeated viewings.
i saw it 3 times at the cinema !!! when it came out !!! and i got it on DVD [ which i've watched twice so far .... ]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
The battle on Hoth is a highlight of all the films, but I really did like a lot of the elements in the "Attack of the Clones", even if it had its slow moments as well.

Empire and Attack are neck in neck for me, but I voted for Attack.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I KNEW there was something I liked about you, Caleb!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I saw it twice at the theatre and 3 times on DVD. I especially like the colliseum scene with the 3 monsters. Amidala kicks ass!!! That's one of the things I like about the Star Wars films. The women aren't always helpless victims. Leia needed to be rescued, but once she was, she picked up a gun and started dishing out the pain.

The cloning colony aliens were VERY cool. The first time I saw them in the movie I about flipped.

The final battles with the Jedi and then Yoda at the end were awesome as well.

Its just kind of a pain to know the future of these characters.

And EDE, feeling's mutual. [Good]

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Damn! I've got to see that movie again!
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The first one will always be the tops for me, unless Ep 3 really knocks it out of the park. And don't bother me with any Special Edition either. The original was just fine. And may I add... HAN SHOT FIRST!!! It only sets up his entire character arc from first to last. No big deal to rip it out. I guess I should be glad the scene wasn't re-edited to end with Han and Greedo hugging.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caleb:
Yeah, I saw it twice at the theatre and 3 times on DVD. I especially like the colliseum scene with the 3 monsters. Amidala kicks ass!!! That's one of the things I like about the Star Wars films. The women aren't always helpless victims. Leia needed to be rescued, but once she was, she picked up a gun and started dishing out the pain.

The cloning colony aliens were VERY cool. The first time I saw them in the movie I about flipped.

The final battles with the Jedi and then Yoda at the end were awesome as well.

Its just kind of a pain to know the future of these characters.

And EDE, feeling's mutual. [Good]

i totally agree with you !!! i loved "AOTC" too !!!

in fact i LOVE all of the films !!! i wish i could have picked them all .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I may wind up sounding like a bit of a bitch here, but I really CAN'T believe what I'm hearing about how Attack of the Clones is better than The Empire Strikes Back?

What the hell?

ESB hits the bullseye on so many different levels and aspects... let's just go over a few.

Musically: Empire gives us the INCREDIBLE Imperial theme. It also gives us an amazingly evocative theme for Dagobah and Yoda.

The battle of Hoth is amazingly shot. The model work there in the special effects is tons better and more ingenious than the thousands of shots spliced in on a blue screen in Clones. I WILL give Clones credit for the battle of Geonosis. The last 20 minutes were good.

The sexual tension, humor, and eventual climax between Han and Leia is in a completely different galaxy than the "attraction" between Anakin and Padme. From the "Nerf herder" comment, to the steamy moment on the Millenium Falcon to the "I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!!!" line to the drama on Cloud City. That sequence when Han is dropped into the carbon-freeze unit. "I love you." "I know." Heartwrenching.

Let's talk about lightsaber battles. Yes, I agree seeing Yoda bouncing around like a ping-pong ball was cool. You know what's cooler that that??? This.

"No, Luke. I AM YOUR FATHER."

6 words which BLEW the entire world away. Which have become an integral part of our pop culture. Seeing Luke up there holding on for his life and watching him fall apart. Terrifyingly intense.

I also think Yoda is better served in Empire as well. I think when he used the Force to pull Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp, it was the greatest "force" moment ever.

We also shouldn't forget how evocative it was seeing Obi-Wan come back as a ghost. Both on Hoth AND on Dagobah.

Artoo doesn't need silly jet boots that we never saw before and never see again to kick ass in Empire.

Threepio being blown into a dozen pieces and his little odyssey thereafter was TONS funnier than any of the paces they put him through in Clones.

Finally, at the end, the heroes are bloodied, hurt, and Han is gone. It is a great cliffhanger and setup for the final film. The shots of the clone army are not as cool to me as seeing Luke in his robe with his arm around Leia, watching Lando and Chewie fly off to find Han.

Attack of the Clones is a perfectly good movie on its own, but in my opinion, it pales in comparison to The Empire Strikes Back.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[DrakeB3003]
{ Lucas shat on his own movie when he Frankensteined in that scene in "Star Wars" of having Han shoot first -- that's all I'm sayin' ... }

You meant where Greedo shot first, don't you? Taking away Han's reckless spirit, in the pre-"Special Edition," where he shot first?

The really original "Star Wars," I say -- back to Han's violent but redeemable edges, no walking Jabba, and no "Episode IV: A New Hope" before the Big-Ass Starry Introduction Crawl.

[ August 07, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm lazy...these are by Owen C:

-  -  -

By AoErat:

-  -

By DeNiro:

-  -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From maverickreport.com

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
...Let's talk about lightsaber battles. Yes, I agree seeing Yoda bouncing around like a ping-pong ball was cool. You know what's cooler that that??? This.

"No, Luke. I AM YOUR FATHER."

6 words which BLEW the entire world away. Which have become an integral part of our pop culture. Seeing Luke up there holding on for his life and watching him fall apart. Terrifyingly intense.

I could not agree more. Empire is still my favorite and the soundtrack is the best instrumental movie soundtrack ever.

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, you RULE!!!

(Nighty, yours are very cute too!) [Smile]

-

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks KP. I found the "I'm your Father" one yesterday and when I was catching up this morning you had left me the perfect opening for it.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.