Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » do you think 'TWIN PEAKS' will ever be explained !!?? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: do you think 'TWIN PEAKS' will ever be explained !!??
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
as as BIG fan of the original first and second season, i always thaought i pretty much knew what happened !!

but after being on holiday last week, i re-watched the FIRST season and then the film 'FIRE WALK WITH ME' [ just need to dig out my original videos that i recorded of season TWO ]

but i felt the film was very confusing and although it showedthe back story to LAURA PALMER, it just confused me more on re-watching it after all these years !!

what are anyone else thoughts on 'TWIN PEAKS' !!??

my biggest question is what is the concept of BOB, ie how could he be LELAND and then AGENT COOPER !!!!!

and at the end of season TWO i really hope AUDREY survived ??

i'll let you know my thoughts on season TWO when i find my old videos ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
This goes back a ways, but as far as I think I remember, BOB was some kind of evil entity that came from the Red Lodge, some other dimensional place, that could inhabit different hosts. He was Leland, jumped to someone else I think then jumped to Cooper somehow after he entered the Lodge. I'm sure there are grey areas, but I used to kinda know what it all meant...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
I never watched an episode of Twin Peaks(don't kill me now for that,heheh), but have heard good things about it . Would I like this series if I'm a big horror & sci-fi fan? [Hmmm?]
From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
This goes back a ways, but as far as I think I remember, BOB was some kind of evil entity that came from the Red Lodge, some other dimensional place, that could inhabit different hosts. He was Leland, jumped to someone else I think then jumped to Cooper somehow after he entered the Lodge. I'm sure there are grey areas, but I used to kinda know what it all meant...

This is exactly what I remember Drake. BOB was supposed to be an ancient Native American spirit, full of evil. At least that I recall. And he jumped from person to person. I wish they could have followed up with it as Twin Peaks was one of my guilty pleasures. I wish they would release the whole series on DVD (I seem to recall there being legal problems with season two but I may be wrong).

quote:
Originally posted by mhr_kara:
I never watched an episode of Twin Peaks(don't kill me now for that,heheh), but have heard good things about it . Would I like this series if I'm a big horror & sci-fi fan? [Hmmm?]

I think you'd like it kara. Especially if you want to see Fox Mulder in drag. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I always tuned in for a slice of pie and a great cup of joe
From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

what are anyone else thoughts on 'TWIN PEAKS' !!??

I think it's the best TV show EVER. I am not joking. When it first aired I was about 13. I knew it was "cool" in a very wierd and unique way. My fiance on the other hand was a die hard fan since it first aired (she was also 13). We bought season 1 and then rented all of season 2...and then watched Fire Walk With Me. We are both convinced it is the best show ever and think David Lynch IS God. [Wink]

Bob IMO is a spirit...a local ancient evil spirit of the woods. It's that metaphysical thing of the woods being vast and creepy. Even in this day and age you go somewhere like the pacific northwest...and you get that spooky feeling (the Shining!).

I also hope Audrey survived. Personally I think she did.

For those who haven't ever watched TP...DO IT! [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
we are watching it now.!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I wish they could have followed up with it as Twin Peaks was one of my guilty pleasures. I wish they would release the whole series on DVD (I seem to recall there being legal problems with season two but I may be wrong).

Friends of mine bought the entire series on VHS tape (I remember there were like 10 tapes and together they read TWIN PEAKS across the spines) but I've never heard of a DVD compilation. I'd love to see that!

PS Fox Mulder in drag? Magnificent! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You can get the full series on VHS but only season one, in two different formats, is available on DVD.

DEA Agent Dennis "Denise" Bryson
 -

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I was only a little tacker when this came onto Aussie TV, but I still loved it! So moody and atmospheric... Thanks for the pic Scooter! :-D So many memories... [Big Grin] Bob was so scary as a kid - my sister would hide behind the couch when he came on.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I was a huge fan of the first season but I always got the impression the writers were all about setting a weird tone and great opening episodes, but then had no idea where to take the storyline. I have a hard time believing the whole "bob" scenario was already in place in their minds when they premiered. It's sort of what my fear for Battlestar galactica and Lost is like, starting off really well, but is there an actual story arc in mind or are they just winging it?

I hate contrived storylines. [Razz]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Twin Peaks is also a really good answer for an tv or 90's triva games.

I think that the creators of new shows like BSG and Lost have learned from shows like Twin Peaks and X-Files. I do think that they do have a clear begining and a clear ending in mind. I think the middle is written but how they get there is not written in stone.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I was in love with this show when it came out -- the moodiness, the mystery, the satire, the inventiveness, not to mention one hot girl after another. Like many others, I felt it went off the rails after awhile. I know some felt the "who killed Laura" mystery went on too long, but for me I saw that as the jumping on point as opposed to the point of the story so as much as I wanted to know, I didn't mind them dragging that part.

I started to lose the show when things seemed to be weird for the sake of being weird and it started to seem too random to me (same thing happened in "Northern Exposure" imo). It started as a show about a normal town with a sinister underbelly, but when things are weird all the time, it kinda loses the point.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
NORTHEN EXPOSURE was such a good show. It lost it when Rob Morrow decided he wanted to leave and then took a whole damn season to leave. If you want to leave, just leave!

I miss Ed, Shelly and the quiet recpetationist.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait a minute... this thread has gone this long without a boob joke?

Have I wandered onto the wrong site or something? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.