Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » do you think 'TWIN PEAKS' will ever be explained !!?? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: do you think 'TWIN PEAKS' will ever be explained !!??
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember, due to the time distortion in the Black Lodge, events there took place 25 years in the future. Assuming most of the cast survives the next nine years (and Kyle M. will agree to work with Lynch again), I'll see you all in 2015! [Razz]
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
Since I'm a big X-Files fan, I think I'm going to have to check this series out. Although that pictures of Duchovny in drag is kind of scary. Ack, my eyes. [LOL]
From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
wow !! how strange ..... LELAND PALMER [ Ray Wise ] has just turned up in the current episode of '24' in the UK !!

and it's great reading your thoughts on TWIN PEAKS !!

and as everyone has mentioned i loved everything about this show too !!

i thought the cast was great, and all those amazing female characters, i always thought PEGGY LIPTON [ Norma ] was like a grown up SUPERGIRL !!

i've seen on a few websites that season 2 may well be coming to DVD !!?? heres hoping .....

i'm gonna start watching my season 2 videos this week !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
wow !! how strange ..... LELAND PALMER [ Ray Wise ] has just turned up in the current episode of '24' in the UK !!

Didn't realize you were that close to us in 24 episodes. I think it is great seeing Wise as the vice prez, and he had me fooled. At least so far.

And his Twin Peaks wife, Sara Palmer (Grace Zabriskie), is currently a regular on Big Love.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The guy who played Laura's dad was in "Good Night and Good Luck." IIRC, he's played other kinda unstable/bad guys since Twin Peaks, hasn't he?

My wife and I used to watch Twin Peaks every week. We liked how it was so weird and bizarre. It felt kinda like the tv version of "Blue Velvet" though I'd have to re-watch BV to remember all the weirdness that went on in that movie.

I do seem to recall losing interest in TP after a while. The plot seemed to stray. It was a creepy finale, though. I don't remember if we rented the movie...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     

[ April 18, 2006, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved "Twin Peaks." In college, my friends and I used to grab instant coffee from the dorm cafeteria, and, if we had some extra money, we'd get a cherry pie at the grocery store.

I had the books (the secret diary and the "visitor's guide" to Twin Peaks), and I sold my pack of trading cards on eBay a couple years ago for $30.

Ah, memories.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good news on season 2! If you live in Australia.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Good news on season 2! If you live in Australia.

well that's good to hear !!

hopefully the REST of tyhe world, shouldn't be too far behind !!??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Ill be getting this! I have Season 1 but for some (stupid) reason it doesnt have the pilot episode. grr.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
GIANT: "I will tell you three things. If I tell them to you and they come true, then will you believe me? COOP: "Who's that?" GIANT: "Think of me as a friend." COOP: "Where do you come from?" GIANT: "The question is, where have you gone? The first thing I will tell you is there is a man in a smiling bag." COOP: "Man in a smiling bag . . ." GIANT: The second thing is the owls are not what they seem. The third thing is without chemicals he points."

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
To answer the topic question: No.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

As an FYI, this is now on Netflix (in Canada at least), and well worth a watch.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mulholland Drive is better.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Mulholland Drive has my single favourite scene in all of cinema (the Club Silencio sequence), and Lynch certainly crafted something amazing out of the hand he was dealt, but it's hard to compare the two as they are completely separate mediums (even if Mulholland started as a pilot), and Lynch didn't write/direct all of Peaks.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.