Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Terry Pratchett's Hogfather : The Movie! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Terry Pratchett's Hogfather : The Movie!
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Im so excited by this - I only found out about it yesterday. THEYVE MADE A DISCWORLD MOVIE!!! FINALLY!!! Well Technically its amini-series, shown in 2 parts on
SkyOne. Hopefully itll be available on DVD soon enough. Here's some Images from the set: Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image [THUMB]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
can I just say once again...YAY!

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

and Yay some more : Official Site There's a fair bit of non-Hogfather info on the site aswell [Big Grin]

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I've already seen the DVD at our library. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen at least two different DVDs.

A visit to imdb.com might be in order

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Animated adaptations of Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters were produced by Cosgrove-Hall Productions for Channel 4 in 1996. These are available on DVD and VHS in the US from Acorn Media. The soundtrack to Soul Music was also released on CD.
Though, that being said, Sam Raimi has been attached to direct the live-adaption of the Tiffany Aching Series (Wee Free Men etc.)

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
So wait,... is this movie you're talking about "real" or animated? "real" would be so cool.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was totally unaware of the two animated movies. I loved the Wyrd Sisters. Hell I love most of Pratchett's stuff. So I'm taking care of the Sisters' movie right now.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been meaning to watch all the movie adaptions since I'm a big fan of Pratchett's work. I got hooked on it by the 1st Discworld game for Playstation.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There was a Discworld game?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, there have actually been a few. I own Discworld (Trouble with Dragons), and Discworld II: Mortality Bytes! both for Playstation. Both are quite entertaining. There are two others, Discworld Noir and The Colour of Magic. There's a MUD as well but I don't really count that.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It’s on this Sunday and Monday on Sky one I think. Must set the recorder for it.

Funnily enough this is apparently, the first live action Pratchett film.

I am really looking forward to this and hope against hope that it is good. There is a lot that can go wrong with an adaptation like this. But the stills look really good.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Krappin' Kris Kringle, i gotta have this. Major Pratchett fan. I even have the animated Wyrd Sisters.

What is Sky wossname?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
The Wee Free Men?

'der can be only one'tousand!

Crivens!

and my favorite line of all....

CHEEP!

[Smile]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I could be wrong, but I think SkyOne is a TV network in England.

Those Hogfather stills look good. Crossing my fingers that this is cool.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

oh So am I...So am I. Im hoping its so good that they make more and then more again. While we're on the subject...does anyone have a favorite Pratchett book - Im fond of the witch novels but "The Fifth Elephant" "Thief of Time" and "Nightwatch" are probably my faves...I couldnt pick just one!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.