Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Terry Pratchett's Hogfather : The Movie! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Terry Pratchett's Hogfather : The Movie!
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm very fond of the witches, as well - and of the Ankh Morpork City Watch. It's hard to choose just one book, but I'd say I like Night Watch best. Sam Vimes is my favourite Discworld character, and with him not just being in danger of, well, dying, as is the hero's wont, but of being wiped out of history and having most of his existence simply negated everything seemed much more personal than the usual Discworld-related disasters.

Add to that that I'm a sucker for time travel stories anyway, and this was simply the best kind of grim fun.

Santa's Hogfather's probably gonna bring me Thud! some sausages and black puddings for Christmas Hogswatch. Looking forward to it. [Smile]

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Im actually womdering if Pratchett has ever considered crossing some of the characters over...or would that be Jumping the Shark?

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
He already has in many books. Sam Vimes has met rincewind, Granny Weatherwax has been to ankh-morpork and met several of the wizards, Sam also guested in a crucial role in Monstrous Regement, Colon and Nobby have shown up in Hogfather...he lets them bleed over a little, but his stories know where their centers are.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw the first half on sunday and had to tape yesterdays second half.

Jennifer watched it and for someone who has never read a discworld book she was hooked.

Some great laugh out loud moments. Some real drama and a little bit of fear.

Death looks great as does Albert. Mr Teatime is really spooky.

I think this is a winner.

[Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I've going to have to reread this this week. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Thats T-ee-a-Timmy!
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
He already has in many books. Sam Vimes has met rincewind, Granny Weatherwax has been to ankh-morpork and met several of the wizards, Sam also guested in a crucial role in Monstrous Regement, Colon and Nobby have shown up in Hogfather...he lets them bleed over a little, but his stories know where their centers are.

yeah I know that but what I meant was would he ever do a story involving the Witches, The Watch, The wizards etc - maybe as a sort of Crisis event (bad analogy I know). I know Id buy it.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well saw the second part and its a blast. the wizards really come into their own. Ponder and hex are good. Death is well…”death” and Susan saves the day.

Oh and Nobby Nobbs is in it as well [Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I'd love to see that. I hope they release it over here sometime.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Saw it yesterday and it was Great - though I wish they'd CGI'd DEATH so that his mouth moved somewhat. Albert was great.
"Meet the inner-babysitter!"
MORE PRATCHETT MOVIES NOW!

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

I've finished reading the book. I love that "inner-babysitter" line. I was thinking about using it as a sig.

--------------------

Nick Vinson
Libertarian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Vinson   Email Nick Vinson         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorite Discworld book... hmmm... Im fond of all of them but I have to agree with the Vimes series as my MOST favorite.
HOWEVER, my favorite books in the discworld are always the ones that are stand alones. maybe Pyramids or Moving Pictures.

My favorite all time character has to be Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler. Everytime he shows up in ANY Disc book i laugh and laugh and laugh.

--------------------
-Nick-

Is Civil War over with yet?

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I haven't seen him much lately. In general I like the Death books best, and anything with the Patrician. Pyramids and Moving Pictures are way up on my list, though.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
The witches, Vimes, and the Aching books are my favorites. The Wee Free Men. I work with a guy that is the living embodiment of them.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.