Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » How Clean Is Your House? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How Clean Is Your House?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I give up, Clee--what's "butt rock"? [Confused]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My wife and I put away all the kids toys every night after they go to bed...sometimes it takes 15 minutes. Even though I know we'll do it again the next day, we need that sense of organization and reclaiming our condo. My eldest is finally starting to learn 'clean up time', so maybe this responsibility will shift soon...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Okay, I give up, Clee--what's "butt rock"? [Confused]

"Classic" rock, LL. You know... Zep and Def and Bob Seger and the rest. Usually about 35-40 songs played over and over and over all day/week/month long. 95.5% White dudes. Once or twice in an eight-hour day you'll get Joan Jett and/or Hendrix, if you're lucky.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't wanna talk about it.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I took advantage of the extra day off to get some extra cleaning and straightening done. I took down all the light fixtures and cleaned all the dead bug pieces out (gross). Then I got all the CD's in alphabetical order (finally). Listened to the Chili Peppers. Does that count as "butt rock"?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the Chili Peppers were sock rock.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty cluttered. We moved end of April, and some stuff still isn't unpacked. Which goes to show something about the amount of stuff we had: a lot of it was rarely used.

Speaking of moving, it's weird how a new house can be both larger and smaller than the old one. Larger in terms of stated square footage, but the old one had an unfinished basement, thus not counted, while the new one has... I'm not sure if you call it a finished basement when it's entirely above ground on one side. So some of the stuff from the old (rarely entered by me) basement has to go in more lived-in areas. Even after that, we have more room, but sometimes inconveniently. Some functions that were in the same room in the old house are now in different rooms, requiring duplicate furniture.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
I took advantage of the extra day off to get some extra cleaning and straightening done. I took down all the light fixtures and cleaned all the dead bug pieces out (gross)...

The cats think the "baked" moths that I shake out of the fixtures are wasted unless they're pounced on and eaten immediately.

[I Dunno]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Cats are so much fun!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

The big foe right now is paperwork. There's a logjam at home, because I have to shred and/or file the old tax crap to make room for 2011's filing.

So... most of 2003 has been shredded and discarded. Part of 2004 can go as well. (Stubs and timecards and other things covered by bank statements.) But 2011 still needs to be sorted/stapled/readied for the closet before 2012's stuff can be properly placed in the file. (I use one of those carry-handle accordion files for everything that shows up in whatever the current year is.)

[sigh] What a bore. And I've never understood how one stationary box full of old paperwork ends up needing 3-5 shopping bags once it's shredded. No wonder I only got a Cplus in Physics.

[No]

--------------------

Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to be pretty obsessive about keeping my kitchen clean or I get sugar ants all over everything, which is gross. The willpower expended to clean every plate, fork, glass, and pan immediately after use takes away from what's available to maintain the rest of the house, which gets a tidying every month or so.

Ugh, and paperwork. I have a 12-inch high stack of stuff that needs to be sorted and filed and a 24-inch high stack of stuff to be shredded.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Dusty. So dusty.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
I have to be pretty obsessive about keeping my kitchen clean or I get sugar ants all over everything, which is gross. The willpower expended to clean every plate, fork, glass, and pan immediately after use takes away from what's available to maintain the rest of the house, which gets a tidying every month or so.

Ugh, and paperwork. I have a 12-inch high stack of stuff that needs to be sorted and filed and a 24-inch high stack of stuff to be shredded.

I hear you on the ant issue. I have to keep the dishes under water if I don't feel like cleaning them right away. Also, every damn open bag or container in the pantry has to be sealed inside a ziploc bag or inside another container once it's opened. Gah.

I finally got 2011 out of the way, and half the '12 logjam has been organized and filed. Don't lose hope, DL! If I can do it (eventually), anyone can!

--------------------

Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I moved all the empty beer cans out of the living room and into the kitchen.(except for the one I'm using as an ashtray)
Baby steps, dears, baby steps.

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Buy some duct tape and make yourself some beercan towers. Or switch to bottles and learn glassblowing.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.