Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: No Man Can Eat 50 Eggs
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
How can they tell which of those eggs have been fertilized? I mean, what if you bite into a live baby Cadbury?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't particularily like those things (too sweet for me, makes my teeth hurt) but the way you SELL it L.T. ..... you know, as a gross carnage of the young and innocent unborn, I may have to resample those bad boys soon!

Happy Easter! [Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like today is the day.

I figure if I'm going to do this, I probably shouldn't try on a "work night" and, given the fact that I have no Easter commitments whatsoever I can totally just crash tomorrow if necessary to recover.

So, right now I'm starting to pound water, both to get hydrated (this is going to be twice the recommended allowance of sodium) and to get my belly warmed up without taking in any additional food. I'm probably going to kick it off around 4-ish.

Into the abyss... [Matter Eater Lad]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there are two basic components:
1) Can your stomach hold the volume of 50 creme eggs? (apparently, it can distend to around 3 litres, so probably, but I honestly don't know what the volume of one is to say. If it's more than around 50-60ml, you may be in trouble with that alone, and you will CERTAINLY be in pain)
2) Can you stomach 50 horrendously sweet things? (even though I have a sweet tooth, I can't even take ONE creme egg)

The potentially-lethal sugar hit shouldn't be a component in the challenge itself, of course, since that'll hit you later. Make sure to have someone post from the hospital to let us know how you are [Wink]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO] @ this thread.

Ex, hang tight. I'll be right over with the mousetraps.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
P.S.-- I searched in vain for ages, in hopes of seeing this series of adverts again. I must not have used the right search terms, or given up too soon, because here they are!

This is officially the best Easter ever!! [Yes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

What was the title of this thread again?

Yeah... about that...

The challenge:

-

The great unwrapping:

-

On your mark... get set:

-

Go!:

-

Oh this will be easy:

-

10 in 4 minutes:

-

Let's just stand up to stretch a bit:

-

Continued...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Uh oh... starting to go to half an egg at a time:

-

18 eggs down... reality setting in:

-

But... we look so appetizing:

-

Oh good lord...

-

Aaaaaaaaannnnddd... there goes the stomach:

-

I will spare you the details of the next 10 minutes and just say when next we see Ex, he had consumed a mere 23 of the promised 50, but far fewer actually... um... remained consumed...

Portrait of a Broken Man:

-

Yeah...

This was, to put it mildly... a "bad idea". The type of idea that the people who came up with "New Coke" might even raise an eyebrow at.

I'm totally happy that I was finally able to make good on that 15 year old bet. I mean... I "think" I'm happy... it might just be the sugar talking. [Smile]

But... next Easter... it's on! 2000 jellybeans in 30 minutes! Yeah, right.

Happy Easter, LW!

Daddy... are you sick? Can I have a piece of chocolate?:

-

--------------------

cleome46

Well, I just ate about fifty shrimp chips, but that's not really the same. Shrimp chips don't weigh anything, at least individually.

[uses scrap of steak to distract suicidal household pet from chocolate]

--------------------

Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[uses scrap of steak to distract suicidal household pet from chocolate]

Yes. Sorry... just a joke. Folks, never give your dog chocolate.

...and that's one to grow on. [Smile]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
You tried man...you tried.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for letting us in on the fun, Ex. Loved the pics!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats on the effort, amigo!

you're a braver man than I.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking good there bro!

Good effort on your part for your death-by-chocolate adventure.

Nice dog too!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally checked in to see how it went! Ex, I've got to say, I'm impressed that you tried! There's just no way it can be done.

Pretty awesome all around. Love that you have pics to give us the timeline on how it went.

Have you sworn off Creme Eggs forever?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.