Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Intersting summer in movies coming up for Fantasy/Comics fans! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intersting summer in movies coming up for Fantasy/Comics fans!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
so far I'm seeing trailers for:

Dark Knight

John Carter

Avengers

Wrath of the Titans

Wonder if Titans and Dark Knight will have a head to head since Liam Neeson was in the first of the Dark Knight trilogy and in Titans as well.

then there's Prometheus from Ridley Scott.

Lots of gods and monsters, and if you really wanted to, you could probably make a case that Batman is becoming a part of Modern Age Mythology. As well as one of the basis for his creation, Sherlock Holmes, currently experiencing a Renascence.

don't know if I'll have the money or energy for all these movies.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't seen Immortals yet !

I usually take my mom to a movie and she will probably like to see the Avengers best. She loved Captain America.

she exclaimed several times ... including "OH I LOVE TOMMY LEE JONES!" when TLJ came on screen.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
PB, I have no clue what Immortals is about, I saw nothing other than it was a title to a movie. gimme the lowdown...?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Henry Cavil has to save the Olympian gods from some pissed off mortals led by Mickey Rourke because they didn't answer his prayers. MR is named Hyperion which is a little confusing for those of us who know even a little bit about the myths.

It's a bit like 300 in look. The action scenes look pretty cool, lots of computer special effects. It looks like a slick action movie,not sure how good the plot will be but the acting should be allright.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Hunh. Okay. Thanks for the info. Kinda tough to watch Rourke lately for me. He's like that hollywood gal that had waaaaaaaay to much plastic work done. Just looks weird, and not in a good way. Still, he's an okay actor.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Anything I've missed by way of major SciFi release?

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Will be making every effort to see DArk Knight and Avengers at the theater.

Avengers is pretty much a given, since my wife loved Capt. America and liked Iron Man I and II. She also loves Sam Jackson, so that one is a slam dunk. Probably our Anniversary movie this year. Cap was last year, and The Expendables the year before that.

The others I'll catch later.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't realize there was a John Carter movie coming out and just checked out the trailer on YouTube. Pretty cool looking! Looks very much in the vain of summer action entertainment but that's okay--I think a Warlord of Mars can translate very good to that type of movie.

Trailer didn't really show what Dejah Thoris will look like but Tars Tarkas looked pretty awesome! The guy playing John Carter also looks to be a good fit; I've seen him in other things and liked him.

EDIT - just saw a different trailer that was even better! I'm totally pumped for this!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I've been a fan of EBR's Mars stories since I was a child. I'm hoping it'll hold up well, and not become some cg monster that kills it. Lead looks a bit like a pretty boy, but I'm willing to give it a chance because of the books.

I saw a movie about Gor years ago, some italian thing starring Traci Lords, I think it was. Pretty awful, but that was way back when. Really hoping this not only raises the bar but blows the stands off it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

John Carter is getting a huge push. Hope it works and the movie is worth it. It may be the only disney movie i ever actualy want to see.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Just reread A Princess of Mars last weekend in anticipation! Hope they don't mess it up!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I think there were eleven books in total, IF I'm remembering correctly. I had them all at one point, but haven't read them in years. I loved those old stories, and ERB had one helluv'an imagination.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was trying to remember how many I'd read. I'd thought I'd only read the first one, but I clearly remember a bunch of stuff that wasn't in it, so I must have read more.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Prometheus is the summer movie I'm most hyped for.

I'm a big Alien fan and am a fan of Ridley Scott's directing, so getting Scott involved with the franchaise again got me pretty excited.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I was right, there are eleven books in the series, though he does not star in all of them.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.