Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » To Bag and to Board, From This Day Forward...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Bag and to Board, From This Day Forward...
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw a neat story:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/20/want-to-get-married-gay-or-straight-head-to-earthworld-comics-in-albany-today/

that - in honor of Northstar's wedding - my childhood LCS (and possibly Kent Shakespeare's, as well - did you used to haunt Earthworld, Kent?) was performing weddings yesterday for anyone, gay or straight, who wanted.

Judging from the pic with the missing cake slice, it looks like someone must have taken them up on their offer.

Either that... or that cashier I remember from 25 years ago (who looked just like the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons) is still working there and was sneaking a slice when no one was looking.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Either that... or that cashier I remember from 25 years ago (who looked just like the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons) is still working there

A little research, aaaaaaand... good lord... he is!

-

Except he's gone from part time cashier... to the owner of the place!

Good for you, brother, well played!

You've earned that cake.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Earthworld peeps have always been cool. And in recent years, having some really cool fangirls working there, too! The one in the pic on the link especially (I don't know the one in the pic above, alas)

In the 80s, I alternated allegiance between them and Fantaco, the other first-rate comics store in Albany. The 90s generally had me further down in the Hudson Valley, going to Poughkeepsie, New Paltz or Kingston. I even worked at October Country in New Paltz for a while.

In the mid-2000s, I mostly went to the shop in Troy, but went to Earthworld sporadically.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I also read that Midtown Comics in Manhattan had 2 gay couples get married in their store on Wednesday

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! I can't see the pictures.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
I also read that Midtown Comics in Manhattan had 2 gay couples get married in their store on Wednesday

They did! There are pics *somewhere* online.

I think a few comic books stores did this. I read 8 gay weddings in total?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.