Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Teen Wolf! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Teen Wolf!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So I totally want to know how far into this show LLASH has gotten.

It's pretty schlocky teen drama stuff, and, in typical TV 'teen drama' fashion, it's a bunch of twenty-something year old model/actors pretending to be 'average high schoolers,' but it's completely grown on me.

I like that, unlike certain other supernatural teen dramas (Smallville, Buffy, Vampire Diaries), the regulars are not constantly holding the Idiot Ball to advance the plot. I'm also loving how the love interest is *not* playing girl hostage of the week (like Lana, for the first few seasons of Smallville), and both makes smart, practical decisions and is no damsel in distress (even when the situation is way over her head, she doesn't come across as a victim).

The show appears to be for a different demographic than me, in that the girls generally keep their clothes on, and more action than I was expecting happens in the guys locker room with dudes wearing nothing but towels...

But hey, I'm sure that's a selling point for others!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It definitely IS a selling point for others [Smile]

I'm enjoying it. I am still on season one, having just watched episode 4 this week. Things seem to move along quickly, and the mystery with Derek and his motives is engaging.

One of my very favorite things so far is that neither Scott nor Stiles are typical Hollywood prettyboys. Not to imply that they aren't handsome... The guy playing school nemesis Jackson IS a pretty boy, and was involved in a bit of a gay scandal in real life:

http://www.the-conway.com/2011/06/colton-haynes-gay-drama.html

...which of course is also fun for me [Smile]

I am enjoying Stiles in particular, I really like his semi-spastic take on the best friend character. Allison's dangerous Dad and Aunt are also interesting, but I just want them to leave poor Scott alone!

There's been a couple of standout CGI moments; in particular, the scene where Scott in his dream hurls a bus-seat toward the viewer really POPS watching it on my laptop up close; the scene where Allison's aunt is driving and you can see whoever the Alpha werewolf is running alongside her in the shadows was also VERY creepy.

In this image, Stiles (on the left) and Scott (our Teen Wolf, on the right) engage in a conversation so humorous I had to screen-capture it with captions:

Click for fullsize image

I'll post reviews of all episodes here going forward.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Stiles is hilarious. He's the 'Xander' of the show, always obsessing about the oddest stuff.

Scott's mom also has the occasional good snarky line, and The Coach is a riot, veering off on bizarre tangents.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Good to know the Coach stays crazy-- every scene he's been in has been memorable!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

BAH!!! My weekend is off to a tres DULL start. I'm hoping SEASON 1 EPISODE 5 of TEEN WOLF will provide me some jollies:

Click for fullsize image

OOPS! that wasn't an episode, it was series co-star Colton Hayne's gay scandal photos!! Wow, he's so aggressive on the show but he isn't puttin' up much of a fight in those pics! *tawdry chuckle* Okay, I've had my lascivious fun, now on to the episode (which is NOT lascivious fun in ANY way... yeahrite)

**GLARE** Frickin' Netflix is NOT COMING UP for some reason. Yeah, that's about right for this weekend. *hurls ashtray* I'll try again shortly...

--------------------

Set

Since when is kissing a scandal? Cheap-ass second-rate scandals. Call me when someone's knocked-up and living in a trailer park brewing meth to pay the bills because her beau, who she just found out is married to another woman the next county over under another name, dumped her to take up with her stepmother. Who is also her cousin (both the beau *and* the stepmother).

Then we'll talk scandal.

Oh wait, this is the Teen Wolf thread, not the Teen Mom thread...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Netflix is still being an ass-pain but HULU-plus apparently also carries TEEN WOLF, so yay for that!

Let's get it started:

Wow.. opening scene in the video store (what a quaint setting) was pretty creepy!! Looks like the alpha wanted to turn Jackson too! So WHY is he assembling this Legion of Cute-boy Betas (if that is in fact what he is doing)???

Looks like Scott and Derek want to find out also!

DANNY!!! That's the gay guy Stiles was worried might not find him attractive! [LOL]

oh LULZ!!!! I was hoping he would ask and he did! I'm starting to wonder about Stiles:

Click for fullsize image

And then he falls off his seat! SO adorkable!!

Jeepers, and THAT was followed with a locker room scene... my WORD. So Derek didn't act like Jackson's scratch was gonna change him, just that he should get it checked out?

WHOA-- Lydia caught the alpha on her videocamera!! Now, what will Stiles do with it? DELETE it? Why??

YIKES-- Kate was actually gonna kill Derek for not knowing who the alpha is?? One would think the betas wouldn't be dangerous enough to need to kill [Frown]

I never ever thought I'd type this sentence but: the parent/teacher conference scenes were enthralling.

Ummm, that school parking lot panic scene? VERY poorly done. Tres d-grade filming there. But I was a bit surprised to see an actual mountain lion on the receiving end of the bullet... Not poorly done enough to mess the episode up though. Fun stuff!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Since when is kissing a scandal? Cheap-ass second-rate scandals. Call me when someone's knocked-up and living in a trailer park brewing meth to pay the bills because her beau, who she just found out is married to another woman the next county over under another name, dumped her to take up with her stepmother. Who is also her cousin (both the beau *and* the stepmother).

Then we'll talk scandal.

Oh wait, this is the Teen Wolf thread, not the Teen Mom thread...

WOW... this actually makes me WANT to watch Teen Mom!!! [LOL]

--------------------

Set

Now I have to go back and watch the first season again to remember what you're talking about!

Season 2 is up to ep 5, but only up to ep 4 on Xfinity. (I can't watch it as it comes out on MTV.com, because the quality is terrible.)

Scott totally won the lottery having Stiles as a best friend. He's smart enough to help with homework, dorky enough to know a little bit about *everything,* spastic enough to never be a romantic rival, has a vehicle, and, oh yeah, his dad is chief of police...

Unfortunately, the actor who plays Scott seems to have gone to the same 'acting' school that Tom Welling / Clark-from-Smallville went to, the 'I need to convey feeling in this scene, so I'll tighten my jaw muscle a bit and squint, since that's my one trick...'

Eh. Still puts him one trick above Keanu Reeves, I guess.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Stiles is the semi-straight best friend we ALL need!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

A Whopping 24 pieces of good news for TEEN WOLF fans from comic-con:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/12/teen-wolf-renewed/

That many episodes for an MTV scripted series is unheard of... until now!

--------------------

Set

Wow, nice that they've renewed it.

MTV hasn't had anything this watchable since they stopped playing music videos back in the early '90s. :>

Have you caught up through season one yet, and started on season two, or still enjoying Derek Hale's inexplicable inability to keep his shirt on in season one?

(There's a scene where it gets all meta-textual and pokes fun at itself, in Stiles room. You'll know it when you see it!)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I haven't gotten past the last episode I reviewed, I've gotten deeply into my third series re-watch of THE OFFICE. But I'll be returning to the shirtless shenanigans of TEEN WOLF soon... it's impossible for me to stay away long :-)

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I caught a few episodes of this show late at night here in Australia when I was supposed to be up studying. I actually really enjoyed it.

I think I probably saw like, episode #s 3, 4 and 6 or something though so my comprehension of the plot was a bit all over the place, but still - it seemed fun. I should download it one day and catch up on it properly.

I will say though that the guy who played the semi-antagonistic friend/rival/whatever he is (not Stiles - the other one) looked to me like he had been hand-chiselled out of beautiful marble by God himself! He isn't even my type of guy and I couldn't take my eyes off him! His acting seemed pretty good too. I predict a bright future for him.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah, that was probably Colton Haynes (see above). He is quite the beauty.

Or you may have been talking about non-High Schooler Derek... he's handsome but a little too much on the crazyface side for me [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.