Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Teen Wolf! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Teen Wolf!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC, Danny says something like, 'I've told you before, you're not my type.' before Jackson says, 'I'm everybody's type.'

So, they've discussed this before?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I know, right?

I'm on the RAVING episode now. Random ramblings:

Isaac and Erica walk in looking hawt! Scott and Allison's lack of communication is causing problems! Photo boy is named Matt! Mr. Stiles fired *choke*
Lydia is AWOL this ep... and where's Boyd been?? Oh, good there he is!! Mama Argent hit and run!!

And this little scene between Isaac, Erica and Jackson brought back some memories:

Click for fullsize image

Mama Argent is a big ol' B!!!!! This season sure has been Jackson heavy... Erica and Isaac have been kinda sorta ineffectual as betas... but I like them because they were set up to be sympathetic... cool to learn more about Dr. Vet Man... GASP!!! Guidance Counselor Lass!! I knew they wouldn't waste such an amazing beauty as she is on a small role-!!

I can't believe I am almost done with season 2--!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

EeEEEEEEEEEEK!

Hulu skips from episode 9 to 11 on Season 2!!!!! Well I better watch episode 9 now before they drop it--!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I watched 10 and 11 ON DEMAND, and am caught up! Excellent episodes. Next ep looks to be a real tough one-- not everyone is gonna make it. At this point, I hate Allison.

DVR set to record all TEEN WOLF eps from now on! [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Amusing interview (spoilers for something that happens in season 2, but nothing that we didn't see coming, given the nature of the show) with 'Stiles'.

Finally looked at this. Dylan (Stiles) is adorable, I hope they are letting him wear his hair like that. Couldn't really hear anything that was being said though, due to my poor hearing and all the background noise.

--------------------

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, you're ahead of me, I think I've only seen up to ep 10, Fury!

Erica and Isaac have indeed been set up with sympathetic backstories. It's particularly neat how Derek points out that Erica 'gets the special chains' because she can handle more pain than either of the boys (and she turns out to be the one to push through the pain and break free anyway), and Isaac turns out to be the one who learns to control himself first.

Boyd's kind of just there. He didn't get the sympathetic backstory and he hasn't done anything particularly cool yet, IMO.

The bit with Alison's mom was a bit of a shocker. I didn't think they'd go there, and was waiting right up to the last minute for them to find a way out. I don't like how it hardens up the lines, and, combined with all the secret-having going on, makes it that much harder for the two factions to work together.

I think I'm shipping Sheriff Stilinski and Nurse McCall. Both are single parents, at their wit's ends with the crap their kids are putting them through, and getting thrown into situations together more and more (PTA meetings, called into the office when their sons have restraining orders placed against them, etc.). It might be comedy gold for Stiles and Scott to have to deal with their parents dating, and the ensuing awkwardness. [Smile]

[ August 13, 2012, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

oooh, I won't spoil anything hard, but episode 11 is called BATTLEFIELD and lives up to the title! Also- following the episode, I **ALSO** became a total shipper for Papa Stiles/Nurse McCall!!

Yeah the thing with Allison's mom- that took me off guard, that they went through with it. I think it shows beyond a shoadow of a doubt that the Argents are actually ALL fanatical nutjobs though.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m85hin4zMG1rtdqjv.gif

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
[QB] oooh, I won't spoil anything hard, but episode 11 is called BATTLEFIELD and lives up to the title! Also- following the episode, I **ALSO** became a total shipper for Papa Stiles/Nurse McCall!!

I just watched it on Xfinity, and wow, the little hug between Papa Stiles and Mama McCall was like vindication for my mad theory!

Your comment about 'hating Alison now' had me biting my lip that she was gonna kill Boyd and Erica in that scene! You got me all wound up!

I'm glad they glossed over so much stuff during Stiles' interview with the 'school psychologist,' as I was wondering how they could possibly wrap up as much as they needed to wrap up in only two more episodes!

I really can't wait for people to start getting on the same page. If the Sheriff, Pa Argent, Ms. McCall, the Veterinarian and Derek were all in on the information that Scott, Stiles and Alison have, there'd be a lot less unecessary crap going on (and Grandpa wouldn't be able to get away with as much as he's gotten away with).

That fake letter from Alison's mom was just brutal, and making sure she burned it afterwards, so that her dad could never see it and say 'Hey, she never wrote that...' was just sinister.

That man needs an arrow in the eye! (He lost an eye in Battlestar Galactica *and* in Smallville, so he totes needs to lose an eye here!)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I have ep 12 on the DVR but haven't watched yet-- probably tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous about it!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just finished the finale. Was a ride. 43 minutes of TEEN WOLF really zips by, unlike other shows of the same length.

I won't comment much until I know you've seen it Set, but I found it partly satisfying, confusing, cop-outty, surprising and set-uppy. [Smile]

--------------------

Set

[Warning! SPOILERS! For any who haven't seen the season finale yet! Turn back!)

Just saw it as well, last night, and I was kinda disappointed. Too much stuff being setup for next season, too much zipping by stuff from this season.

There was, literally, no reason at all for Peter Hale to be present. Derek could have found the laptop, the veterinarian or school counselor could have had that information, the Argent family (or the Bestiary) could have had that information. There's just a plethora of ways that could have happened without Hale standing around watching shit happen, and pretty much doing nothing of consequence.

The reveal about Grandpa and his motivations explains the bit last episode with Isaac and the cute little dog at the veterinarian's office. It seemed a bit out of place, and, as the finale was winding down, I wondered if Grandpa's master plan was to somehow make the assembled wolves 'take his pain' and cure him, at the cost of their own lives, or something.

With all the, in some cases, kind of superfluous, IMO, stuff going on, I feel like certain big deals (like Scott's mom's reaction to his 'outing') got left by the wayside. I feel like this 'season finale' really kind of failed the season as a whole. (I felt the same way about pretty much every season finale of Heroes, which seemed to veer from colossal letdown to colossal letdown, so it's not a new sensation for me...)

If the writing were consistently better, I'd be really impressed with the potential for Stiles' arc. His 'I'm not a hero' comment to his father, and 'do you think this was done to hurt *me*?' comment to Lydia, and 'You've still got me.' comment to Scott all speak to a lot of inner turmoil going on, as Stiles recognizes that, not only does *he* see himself as the 'weak link,' but even Scott's enemies see him as the 'weak link,' and little more than a tool to hurt Scott, and, as their conversation t the end suggests, when Stiles has to *repeat* that Scott 'still has him,' that Scott continues to be wrapped up in his own drama, and doesn't seem to realize how much being there for Scott has cost Stiles.

It is weird that *the coach,* of all people, got a meaningful speech about needing Scott on the team, while his mom got such a thin showing. (Stiles' dad on the other hand, got a better father/son scene.) I did laugh when Grandpa was going through the people he might order the Kanema to kill. "Your mother? Your best friends father? Or I could do the whole world a favor and have him kill that fool of a coach..." Heh.

Man, that town is crawling with wolves now...

Peter, Derek, Scott, Isaac, Erica, Boyd and Jackson. Plus this new 'alpha pack.' And Lydia, the veterinarian and the school counselor still have mysterious somethings going on.

Although the show runner has insisted that while there are 'things other than werewolves out there,' that 'there will never be vampires.' [Smile]

Speaking of the school counselor, and vampires, I knew I recognized her from somewhere. It's Bianca Lawson, formerly known as Kendra the Vampire Slayer! I would totally cast her as Shadow Lass, if they ever made a live-action teen Legion series...

[ August 17, 2012, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

She is drop-dead BEAUTIFUL. I loved kendra during her brief arc on Buffy; of course I was a MAJOR fan of Drusilla and Kendra was the slayer Drusilla killed.

I think this season demonstrates why TEEN WOLF needed a longer season 3. I suspect next season will seem a LOT more satisfying and see a LOT more character development and good interaction between the characters that 12 episodes just couldn't contain.

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
[QB] She is drop-dead BEAUTIFUL. I loved Kendra during her brief arc on Buffy; of course I was a MAJOR fan of Drusilla and Kendra was the slayer Drusilla killed.

Indeed. Drusilla was amazingly fun.

"What are you doing love?"
"I'm naming the stars."
"That's the ceiling. Also, it's day."
"I can see them. But I've given them all the same name, and now there's terrible confusion..."

I read somewhere that Joss had no idea that the actress (Juliet Landau) was a kickboxer, when he scripted her fight scene with Kendra, and was disappointed, because he'd assumed the actress wouldn't be up for a big chick-fight scene, based on her poise.

quote:
I think this season demonstrates why TEEN WOLF needed a longer season 3. I suspect next season will seem a LOT more satisfying and see a LOT more character development and good interaction between the characters that 12 episodes just couldn't contain.
Agreed.

The showrunner seems to have a real problem with letting go of characters. He's got too many, and has worked extra hard not to get rid of any.

He either needs a lot more room (which twelve more eps will certainly help with!) or to thin the herd a bit...

Girard, for instance, like Peter Hale, should have 'stayed down.' Unless he's got some brilliant use for them next season, they should overstay their welcome.

Gosh, camera-boy (Matt?) had a short run as 'big bad,' didn't he? Poor bastard. [Smile]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Umm, yeah, Matt? I'm sorry but, "thrown into a pool by a bunch of mean high schoolers" does NOT give you the right to become a homicidal lunatic. I'm SO glad this bit of lameosity was addressed by the show itself (through Stiles, IIRC). I know he almost drowned, but, well... he didn't.

I'm glad none of the teen wolves have died, but I *do* think Peter being back (and Derek's previous recovery from blood-shooting-out-his-mouth internal injuries) is starting to make the wolves seem a bit TOO immortal. Gerard had a great run but he certainly should be gone now. Of course we know he isn't. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.