Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Teen Wolf! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Teen Wolf!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
MTV.com is indeed crap. [Smile]

I watch it either on Hulu or Xfinity, or some other less reputable source, on occasion.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Before I disappear back into the Teen Wolfiverse, I should probably show some more of-age reasons to watch the show... like:

this guy:

Click for fullsize image

Allison's dad:

Click for fullsize image

Stiles' dad:

Click for fullsize image

and what's about to happen here in about 3 seconds:

Click for fullsize image

More fun captures: Dancing with Danny:

Click for fullsize image

Derek smiling so "sweetly" at Jackson (our pal Colton in real-life)...

Click for fullsize image

...and Jackson/Colton-cakes rising shirtless from the murk, ready to out-shirtless EVERYone in season 2!

-

Alright, now I'm off to finish s2 e1!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
MTV.com is indeed crap. [Smile]

I watch it either on Hulu or Xfinity, or some other less reputable source, on occasion.

I have HULU plus and I'm tickled all the eps are there!! Yay!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
[irrational rant]
Seeing that picture of Alison's dad reminds me of one of my nitpicky quirks. Alison has lovely brown eyes. Both her mom and her dad have not only blue eyes, but *striking* pale blue eyes (like, wow, those are some blue eyes!).

That's genetically never gonna happen. Blue eyes are recessive. To have blue eyes, both parents have to have the genes for blue eyes.

Since Ma and Pa Argent have blue eyes, they literally *can't* have the genes to have a brown-eyed child ('cause if they did, they wouldn't be blue eyed!).
[/irrational rant]

Now that you've seen the last episode of season 1, there's quite the mystery of why Jackson remembers the Hale house. 'The fire' was supposed to be only six years ago, so it seems like he wouldn't be one of the survivors of the fire, taken away and adopted. But could he have been a Hale a decade before, sent away for adoption for other reasons?

And if he is a Hale, does the disappearance / death of his parents have anything to do with the Argent family? (It probably would have been before Kate's time, 'though.)

The other big mystery is what's up with the town veterinarian. He's got *something* going on, as he demonstrated facing down the Alpha, but what it is, remains obscure. I like that they aren't rushing to pull back the covers on what's up with him.

The only quibble I've got with the show right now is the secrecy. Scott not telling his mom, Stiles not telling his dad, Alison not communicating important information to her dad, Lydia being left in the dark about stuff that's regularly threatening her life, etc. seems to be biting people on the ass as regularly as it did back on Smallville, where Clark would spend *years* keeping secrets from Lana, Lois, Chloe, etc. and every damn time it turned out *better* when he finally told them (or they found out anyway, despite his best efforts).

I don't think the 'drama' would suffer if a few key people (particularly people who could cover for them, like, I dunno, *the town sheriff!*) knew what was going on. It's not like they still wouldn't have to keep the secret from the rest of the town, their classmates, the rest of the police force, their teachers, etc., etc.

Buffy kind of had the same problem. Artificial secrecy provided some antics (as she scrambled to come up for excuses to hand her mom about why she was out all night, or covered with blood, or had a collection of stakes in her room 'for building really tiny fences?'), but that can only last so long before it ends up making the character look stupid for handicapping themselves by not letting their loved ones in on the stuff going on in their lives (and letting them help!).

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I will agree that inter-character secrecy in TV shows drives me up a WALL (it is one of THE most annoying things about LOST so far). I was THRILLED when Allison saw Scott in total wolf-face, with no POSSIBLE OTHER EXPLANATION for what he could be BUT a werewolf. I was glad when Jackson figured it out.

Scott NEEDS his own gang of 'Scoobies' if you will allow me to borrow from Buffy. I'm glad they appear to be assembling.

It is beyond crazy that Stiles' father hasn't been let in on the werewolfiness in his town!

Season 2 episode 1 was freaking HARDCORE. Things look to be getting very unpleasant for our gang, fast.

I also LOVE the new opening title sequence, complete with everyone's real name and character image!

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
Scott NEEDS his own gang of 'Scoobies' if you will allow me to borrow from Buffy. I'm glad they appear to be assembling.

Within a few episodes, something like that will get pointed out, by Derek, of all people.

quote:
It is beyond crazy that Stiles' father hasn't been let in on the werewolfiness in his town!
J'agree!

quote:
I also LOVE the new opening title sequence, complete with everyone's real name and character image!
It's a definite improvement! I love the fade from Alison kissing Scott to Alison pulling back on a bow. Lydia being yanked backwards off the screen, or whatever that's supposed to be, in an unfortunate reminder that she's still kind of 'girl hostage.'

I'm sure the scene of Jackson jumping has it's fans as well. Scandalous!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Season 2 is really kicking it UP a notch or three!

I'm totally loving Derek's legion of Betas-- Erica, Isaac and Boyd... and am worried about them.

So it appears Lydia did NOT gain wolfy powers... but there IS something supernatural going on with her, based on the vision she had at the ice rink.

Jackson also may not have gained wolfy powers-- but he DID suddenly become strong enough to lift a truck.

All very interesting, your old buddy MLLASH is spellbound! On to S2 e4!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PeePaw Argent is a TOTAL S.O.B.!!!

--------------------

Set

He really, really is. You can tell where Kate got the crazy from!

That poor actor is so typecast. He's the curmudgeonly racist-metaphor Cylon-hating Saul Tigh, in Battlestar Galactica. He's the curmudgeonly racist-metaphor superhero-hating government agent in Smallville. Now he's the curmudgeonly racist-metaphor werewolf-hating Grandpa Argent in Teen Wolf!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

S2 Episode 5: keeping Lydia in the dark after this (before this, really) is criminal and will annoy me greatly. Let's hope she's clued in.

Derek made the reference to Scott being an Alpha himself, with his own pack.

I liked Derek better when he was bad guy but not really bad guy. Now he's just bad guy. [Frown] If Isaac, Erica and Boyd survive the season I will be shocked. Too bad because I like them. But we're starting to have a LSH/LSV situation here and they are the LSV.

They sure are wanting us to think Jackson is the karnita or whatever they call it.

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash: S2 Episode 5: keeping Lydia in the dark after this (before this, really) is criminal and will annoy me greatly. Let's hope she's clued in.
I agree. My number one problem with shows like this is the unnecessary secret-keeping.

quote:
Derek made the reference to Scott being an Alpha himself, with his own pack.
That was a great line.

You should like ep 6, 'Frenemy.'

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It really was a great line!! Okay I'm up for awhile, so I'm gonna watch at least one more episode-- NOW! Especially after reading what you say about the next ep!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

E6... LOVED the gay bar scenes... although even with the fog machines and all the teen queens being hepped up on peppy powder, I think they still would have noticed a snake monster slashing a bunch of bootyshakers on the dancefloor.

GASP- it IS Jackson!!

New boy wooing Lydia --cute but I don't trust him. Also new photography boy-- I think he's gonna be cannon fodder. I hope not, I like that in TEEN WOLF teens aren't dying all willy-nilly like they did in Buffy.

Hmm, Allison's Mom is a nutjob too.

New mystery-- WHO is controlling Jackson? Plus, I love that Lydia is apparently a super-genius.

SHITSNACKS... scenes from next week seem to show a big showdown with Jackson, and Erica dying? I don't want all the sexy teens to be fighting--!!! Can't they just all have a make-out party?!?! Well I suppose I better get through this one...!

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash: E6... LOVED the gay bar scenes... although even with the fog machines and all the teen queens being hepped up on peppy powder, I think they still would have noticed a snake monster slashing a bunch of bootyshakers on the dancefloor.
Loved the lines;

"Dude! Everybody in here is a dude! I think we're in a gay bar!"

<surrounded by drag queens> "Nothing gets past your keen werewolf senses."

quote:
Hmm, Allison's Mom is a nutjob too.
Yeah, it seems like Allison, and to a lesser extent, her father, are the only not-too-crazy members of the Argent family.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well there I am, innocently watching an episode of TEEN WOLF and then THIS happens:

Click for fullsize image

*stares innocently* I mean, REALLY. What message is MTV trying to send me here, it's kind of unclear.

Click for fullsize image

Well you may have just made the top of the list for some people, Jackson buddy!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.