Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Walking Dead Season Three Death Pool Poll!! ***BEWARE MASSIVE SPOILERS*** (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Walking Dead Season Three Death Pool Poll!! ***BEWARE MASSIVE SPOILERS***
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
*ahem*

<------ Loves T-Dog, is his favourite character in the show.

I really like Tyreese in the comic too so it would be great to see him turn up - which at this point could only be as an inmate right? Unless he's a Woodburyian who helps Andrea and Michonne escape. That could be interesting.

I'd like/hope that T-Dog and Tyreese could live side by side in this show but like MLLASH says, the laws of TV forbid it. I predict that T-Dog gets killed by Merle in front of Daryl - in a shocking climax that shows Darryl just how far to the dark side his brother has gone and sets the two men against each other.

^ That's completely cliched though so hopefully the writers avoid it.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it is too cliche'... in fact, it fits in really perfectly with their histories with each other. You've now got me thinking this might happen. I also like your alternate idea re: Tyreese.

I must admit though, I'm pretty surprised to find that T-Dog is ANYone's favorite character. Sure, he's a nice enough guy, but a favorite? Your love of the lower-tier characters has never been more evident, I am so proud! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ It fits in too perfectly though, don't you think? To me, that seems like such an obvious, predictable road for the writers to go down so I'm hoping they avoid it.

As for T-Dog - yep, my love of lower-tier/ background characters is an illness! I just can't help it! Haha While the panel/screen hogs are stealing all the spotlight I'm always staring at that guy or gal in the background, wondering what their interesting story is.

It helps that T-Dog is not a character in the comics too, so the lack of baggage I'm bringing to my viewing of him (and Daryl, and Jacquie in season 1 [Frown] ) means that I'm much more excited about seeing what the writers have in store for them, and on the edge of my seat whenever they're in danger!

Although killing Dale last season has taught me not to grow complacent about those characters that should be safe because they're in the comics too!

Also re: T Dog - I read The Walking Dead recap/reviews at The AV Club and in the comments section after each episode there all last season was the most hilarious running commentary about what his motivations and thoughts and back-story might be since the writers so obviously had no time for him. I want him to survive to see where the myth of T-Dog goes next on there. [Big Grin]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've been rewatching Season 2 episodes via DVD/laptop and playing closer attention than ever before to T-Dog...

His self-worth doubts and insecurities over being the only black man are spoken aloud to Dale while he is delerious with fever; later at the well, he apologizes to Dale for what he said, and decrees that he (paraphrased) is going to be a good soldier for the survivors, which I think shows a really good attitude.

He is the "finishing touch" guy on at least 2 zombies, doing the messy work of ending them for good.

He states his revulsion at having zombies in the barn and does not hesitate (along with Daryl and Andrea) to join Shane in their execution (Glenn kindly sought the permission of Maggie first)

He is there digging graves and loading the rest of the bodies onto the truck.

And that's as far as I've gotten. It seems T-Dog has slowly and quietly grown into a loyal, "good soldier" type, which is of course a good thing to have around in a survival scenario.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

BTW, the barn/zombies episode? Still one POWERFUL work of television... the devestation and despair of Hershel as his heart tries to adjust to what his mind MUST be telling him about what the walkers really are is a humbling thing to see, and the sight of Shane losing all self-control is scary to watch. And then, the end... still WOW.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Poor Randall gets my vote for worst luck of Season 2-- he would have been better off if they'd shot him in the head while he was impaled on the fence. He pretty much spends the rest of his life on the show tortured unmercifully.

Worst character development of Season 2: Jimmy. That guy was a non-entity. Runners up Patricia and T-Dog were 10 times more developed. And Suicide Beth had 20 times the development THEY did, despite lapsing into a coma Projectra-style for 2 episodes.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

(I just can't quit talking about it, I'm very excited for season 3, especially fresh off watching season 2)

Most annoying character of Season 2: Carl, by far. Shane would be a very distant second.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*hurls ashtray*

Why aren't more of you excited by TWD!!?!!?

*pouts nerdily*

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Cause I was harassing you and Matt on FB.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

GASP!!!! Come back, let's talk TWD--!!!!!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I notice now with 6 voters, we no longer have a 100% consensus on a certain character meeting certain demise... I wonder who the dissenting vote was made by? *STARES AT ALL OF YOU*

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I just realized I haven't voted yet. Correcting that now.
Blacula
Easy

I ended up voting for Carol, Beth and Merle but really, there are about 6 or 7 characters that we could easily lose this season.

The thing is though - I really like the group as they are at the moment so I hope it's a long time before any of them go.

Re: last season. I'm not sure if people are aware but apparently Hershel was originally supposed to die too (or instead of maybe?) in the episode we lost Dale in. Randall was supposed to kill him to make his escape.

I'm really glad they changed it. I think Shane's involvement in Randall's escape/death was a lot more powerful of a plot point and was better suited to his character. I loved Shane but it was time for him to go. I'm glad Hershell got the last minute reprieve though. For some reason, I really like all of the surviving Greene family in the show, whereas I never much cared for any of them in the comic.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting....thus far, there are seven characters who haven't gotten any votes! I figured some of those would just because. [Hmmm?]

Well, it's over a month 'til the poll closes, so there are likely at least some votes still to come. I wonder who's voted that hasn't declared him/herself to this point? Has Cobie voted? Who else haven't we heard from that posted on the regular TWD thread over the past two seasons? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I've voted! Finally just noticed this thread!

First off, the big mega-death: Lori. I'm picking her as I think her death would be a world-shaking fan-rocking moment for the finale. I struggled with this for a moment because I thought they'd have her deliver the baby first, and then both she and the baby would die like in the comics. But then I started to think AMC / television in general would just not go that far, showing a baby getting shot. It's possible...after all, AMC's Breaking Bad has crossed all kinds of lines like that before. But I feel like Lori bites it this season.

I also think Hershel won't survive as well. He's a big favorite of mine though so I don't want thim to die!

And I vote for Carol biting it, which I hope is done the same way as in the comics. She's hella-annoying, so they can gruesome it up a bit.

I was going to vote for Beth but that seemed too easy. She is a very likely candidate for what happened to the little girls in the prison, though. Unless she survives it, which could be a good character development. If she's not dying, her character might be going the route of surviving an awful trauma.

(Then again maybe the awful thing that happens to Michonne happens to her? I really am not anxious to see that scene in the whole series. Thinking about it further, it's hard to see it happening at all without the ramifications of what Michonne does to the Governer, which leads the Governer to make the decision to smash down the prison gates with the tank. I guess there's a thousand ways all of this could still happen differently).

I actually think Merle will survive! If the Lori finale happens, than you can bet the Governer will die as well. So that makes me think that because the Governer's death will be the major villain dying moment, that Merle lives. And perhaps...he actually helps Darryl live or something? Interesting twist?!

You can see a lot of my thinking assumes the entire prison / Woodbury storyline is played out in Season 3. If it extends to Season 4, that blows that out of the water.

I really hope Tyrese is introduced too as he was a big fave. I don't like the prisoner idea though, as that puts him into a bad cliche. I prefer the idea of him being a Woodburian or something else.

Really would love to see Axel as well! I follow you mofos!

I really hope above all that Maggie lives throughout the season and for the duration of the show. The actress playing her has made her such a better character for me than she has ever been in the comics.

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
>snip<

**Also, holding out for that pet theory of ours that T-Dog makes it all the way to the end, possibly without ever having had any real character development or shining moment! [Big Grin]

This would be beyond hilarious! I want this to happen!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.