Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 7 Murran Spies, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What's all that buzzing?
#730009 06/23/05 01:21 PM
Reservist
OP Offline
Reservist
<Standing on a nearby rooftop, looks down upon regal building across Embassy Row>

They hoped I was gone, but now I shall deliver my
worst blow yet. <grin>

And their outrage at the pain of one of their greatest shall be delightful.

Re: What's all that buzzing?
#730010 06/23/05 01:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Sits in her audience hall, listening to a report from a courier sent by her father, King Hrold>

Did my father happen to send...

<swats absently at something flying about her head>

... those papers that needed my...

<swats more vigorously, eyes narrowed>

... a moment please.

<her eyes making contact, she pushes out with her telekinesis, intending to push the buzzing annoyance out the window. When she makes contact,
however...>

BOOM!!!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#730011 06/23/05 01:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Spellbinder picks herself up off the floor where the small explosion had knocked her>

What in the world was that? Is everyone all right?

<Seeing affirmative nods, the Princess reached outward with her FarSight, the psionic equivalent of telescopic and x-ray vision. Suddenly she could see bees... hundreds of bees... all throughout the Embassy. A closer examination showed that each bee was wearing a tiny explosive device. One explosion was minimal, but if hundreds of them went off...>

Attention, all Embassy personnel! This is Princess Crujectra. Emergency Evacuation: Code Delta! This is not a drill!

<Her telepathic message sent, the Princess moved to stand before the window. She reached out, sending a psychic call through the rapport she shared with Cobalt Kid>

Cobie, hear my call! The Embassy is under attack by... don't laugh... terrorist bees. I've ordered the Embassy Personnel out of the building, but I don't think I can handle this alone!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#730012 06/23/05 04:27 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<Cobalt Kid is seated at his desk in the Security
Office, going over reports. Suddenly his head snaps up as he receives the Princess' cry for help>

Crujeckie? Are you OK? Hang on...I'm coming!

<Leaping from his desk, he rushes across the room and leaps through the open window. Held aloft by his magnetism, he crosses the city in a flash, and swoops down toward the Psyonian Embassy. He sees personnel hurrying out the outer space-doors, not stopping until they
had crossed the courtyard and passed through the outer wall. He flies through the open window to Crujectra's audience chamber.>

Crujeckie! Crusader! Maxx! What's going on?

#730013 06/23/05 04:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Maxx and I were visiting from the Outpost when we got Crujectra's call through our rapport. It doesn't look good, Cobie.

#730014 06/23/05 04:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobie, there are little kamikaze bees all over the place. Every one we try to touch telekinetically explodes!

#730015 06/23/05 04:35 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
It must be the Red Bee! I knew his absence was too good to be true, but with all the magic wars and deaths that weren't deaths, he's gotten pushed to the back burner.

<turns to the Princess>

I hate to say it, Princess, but for now we'd better get you out of here. Maybe Reboot can come up with some device that can get these bees out of here safely.

<ushers the others toward the door>

#730016 06/23/05 04:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobie! Wait! My bedroom! We have to get to my
bedroom!

#730017 06/23/05 04:39 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'd like to Crujeckie... really I would... but we need to finish the evacuation...

#730018 06/23/05 04:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Not THAT, Cobie. My Transmatter Portal is in there!

If the bees get into my bedroom suite, they will be able to access almost any place on Legion World! I will get them past most of the security systems! Shakes, Cafe Cramer, even the Loser Cave!

#730019 06/23/05 04:43 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I forgot about that! C'mon, let's go!

<The four heroes hurry through the corridors of the Psyonian Embassy, ducking and weaving to avoid running into any of the bees. Within minutes, they reach the double doors leading to the Princess' personal quarters, a familiar site to Cobie>

Quick! Everyone inside!

#730020 06/23/05 04:51 PM
Reservist
OP Offline
Reservist
No

Vengeance is mine!

<laughing maniacally, he sent a command to his bees. Explosions thundered throughout the Embassy as the bees began to detonate. Windows exploded outward, showering the courtyard with razor-sharp shards. Then the walls began to buckle until they too burst. Finally, with one last earth shattering roar, the once majestic Psyonian Embassy crumbles to the ground>

[Linked Image]

Goodbye Princess Crujectra, Crusader and Cobalt Kid. You served the LMB well, but all good things, I'm afraid...must end.

#730021 06/23/05 04:57 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(right outside the crumbled Psyonian Embassy)

<Viviane has decided to walk around Embassy Row, she's been away a while and is trying to feel comfortable in her once familiar surroundings, then little bees start flying around and explosions are set off all around her>

What's going on?!?

<A bee flies at her and explodes but she is able to contain the explosion in a temporal spell>

It won't hold for long! The bees they seem to coming from the Psyonian Embassy.

<A bee flies at her, she tries to force it back, but it explodes and sends the Priestess crashing to the ground, she lies there burn and bleeding>

ahhh...

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#730022 06/23/05 05:10 PM
Reservist
OP Offline
Reservist
<escapes into the night>

Hahahaha!

#730023 06/24/05 01:45 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Slowly Spellbinder opened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was the collapsing roof of her boudoir. Trying to rise she felt a heavy weight on her, Cobalt had thrown himself across her body to protect her from the falling wooden beams.

“I’m alright Cobie dear” she said “you can let me up now. And your hands don’t need to be There either”

“Sorry Princess, only trying to protect you.” Smiled Cobalt Kid As he too rose to his feet, wiping blood from his face from a cut on his forehead. .

A short distance away Crusader was helping Maxx to his feet

“Where are we Cobie” asked the Princess looking around at the heavy dark wooden Bookcases floating in small warm bubble of light in a large dark empty expanse.

“Ah your Highness, please forgive me” said a voice from behind her.

Faraway appeared through a doorway which stood in the middle of nothingness. “I needed to go and get the first aid kit for Cobalts head. Please, all of you, sit down” and Faraway gestured to four large leather armchairs arranged around a low Regency style table.

“Crusader, how nice to meet you again, Maxx I don’t think we have actually met, I’m known as Faraway Lad. Now can I get anyone a drink, I think I have nice bottle of Warres 1997 vintage port here somewhere”

The four heroes looked at each other.

“Far” asked Cobalt Kid, “not that we aren’t grateful and stuff, but where are we and How did we get here?”

“Well the where is simple you are in my hideaway aboard Horace the super moby dick of space”

As Faraway spoke the four became aware of a low very musical sound just on the edge of hearing. Faraway listened for a while then nodded and turned to the heroes.

“Well Horace has changed course and is heading for the nearest space port where we should be able to take a cruiser back to Earth.”

“Now. As to the How?” He continued “You were lucky I had arrived at LegionWorld late during the night shift, as is my want. I needed to discuss with the Princess some diplomatic matters relating to my recent Embassy to the rim worlds. I picked up the Princesses telepathic commands and had realised, as you also did, that the bees must at all counts be kept out of the Princesses bedroom. I arrived just as you did and just as the Terrorist bees exploded. I’m afraid the Faraway Force kicked in and transported us all faraway to safety. Now would anyone like a glass of port?”

“Never mind port Darden” said Cobalt we need to get back to Legionworld immediately, the Red Bee is loose and attacking, who knows what danger Legion world is in. Can’t you use the Faraway force to get us back?

“I’m afraid not transporting 5 of us all this way has left me a little drained. I could try to send only one of you but there is no guarantee I could get you all the way there, I may even end up sending you even further away. Horace is pretty fast when he needs to be, we’ll be at space port in 6 hours”

Meanwhile back in LegionWorld the Red Bee looks down at the shattered ruins of the Psyonian Embassy.

“and so it begins, one by one the most treasured symbols of these accursed do gooders will crumble, then the Hive shall rise. Bwahahahahah”

Faithfull
#730024 06/24/05 02:15 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Viviane pulls herself off the ground and looks at the Embassy)

Ahh...

(Viviane looks around and still the bees attack, she runs for cover)

I can't sense anyone nearby.

(She casts a spell on a bee a hundred yards away, but it still explodes)

Nothing works.

Wow, feeling kind of woozy, must of taken a blow to the head...

(She falls to the ground, unconscious)

#730025 06/24/05 07:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"I'm sorry, Faraway dear, but 6 hours is far too long. I need to find out if my staff is all right."

<turns to Crusader's boyfriend, Maxx>

"Maxx, do you have the strength to open a portal back to Legion World?"

<Maxx looked thoughtful for a moment, and then nodded>

"I can get us back to Legion World, but there's a chance I won't be able to control where we come out. I'm afraid the only building there that I am familiar enough with is the Embassy, and Gating there is now out of the question."

<The heroes turned to Cobalt Kid, looking to him for guidance. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth>

"Do it."

#730026 06/24/05 07:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Spellbinder's story continues here.

#730027 06/24/05 07:49 AM
Active
Active
Attracted by the sounds of battle Hrun runs toward Embassy row.

Sliding to a halt next to the prone body of the High Priestess Hrun looks around at the devastation.

A small buzzing noise next to his ear bothers him and almost without thinking he swats at the bee using the flat of his axe.

KABOOM!!!!

The explosion knocks Hrun off his feet.

“By the daemons of Mercia” he says as he notices for the first time the hundreds of bees swarming all around. “I think this needs time to consult the oracles. I must get the witch out of here as well”

Reaching behind him and taking out his large oval shield Hrun starts to move towards the figure of Viv lying on the ground. Crouching down to avoid the bees he reaches her in a few moments and covers her body with his shield. Looking over the rim he is alarmed to see three or four bees making straight for him. Hrun raises his shield again just in time as the first bee exploded against the metal of the shield. Rocking under the series of blasts Hrun was concerned to see other bees heading his way.

“forgive the impropriety my lady” he say’s as he bundles the unconscious High Priestess, her long skirts billowing up over her neck, up over his broad muscled shoulders and runs for safety leaving the bees swarming all over the rubble of the destroyed Embassy.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#730028 06/24/05 08:03 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Elsewhere

Originally posted by Spellbinder:
"I'm sorry, Faraway dear, but 6 hours is far too long. I need to find out if my staff is all right."

<turns to Crusader's boyfriend, Maxx>

"Maxx, do you have the strength to open a portal back to Legion World?"

<Maxx looked thoughtful for a moment, and then nodded>

"I can get us back to Legion World, but there's a chance I won't be able to control where we come out. I'm afraid the only building there that I am familiar enough with is the Embassy, and Gating there is now out of the question."

<The heroes turned to Cobalt Kid, looking to him for guidance. He closed his eyes and grit his teeth>

"Do it."
<Cobalt feels his stomach lurch forward, as the spell hits him.>

I hate magic...

Cobalt\'s Story continues here...

#730029 06/24/05 08:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"Need a lift, pal?"

Invisible Brainiac swoops out of the sky, grabs Hrun and the High Priestess and encases them all in a shield of light.

"Thanks, lad, you arrived here none too soon. But we need to get the lady here to a healer at once."

Nodding, IB heads towards Avalon...

#730030 06/24/05 01:19 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
<The Priestess starts to wake, she looks around and realizes she's over someone's shoulder>

What the hell?!?

<She turns and sees the barbarian>

Hrun! What's going on, where are you taking me?

<The Invisible Brainiac comes with in her line of sight>

IB: You're hurt, we're taking you to Avalon!

<Viviane looks around at all the bees and destruction>

Priestess: We'll never make this way! There's just too many bees! I can open a portal, but you'll have to stall, I'm too weak to open it quickly!

<Hrun puts the Priestess down, she falls to the ground, unable to hold her own weight, IB and Hrun then turn to face the bees>

Make a barrier with you shield Hrun and use your light powers to aide him IB.

Goddess help me!

<with in a few minutes a portal opens and the heroes are swept to Avalon>

The trio story continues here.

#730031 06/24/05 02:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
“So Shall I pour the Port” Said Faraway turning with an exquisite crystal decanter in his hand “Oh bother!” he said “now I have been teleported as well. Now if this adventure makes me waste a perfectly fine bottle I shall be particularly cross and I shall expect proper recompense in my incidental expenses claim form”

Faraway's Adventures continue here

Faithfull
#730032 06/24/05 02:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
disaster boy waits in line to pay several overdue parking tickets at the transit authority, (which is oddly located right by embassy row) it is too sunny and the line stretches down the block and around the corner (technically to embassy row). striking up a conversation with the homeless man on the street he asks "does this line ever move?"

the coarse reply is "not since '98"

"wow there are a lot of bees out today must be the season" "what's all that racket? sounds like godzilla is in town"

"OH THE LINE IS MOVING!"

#730033 06/24/05 06:25 PM
Active
Active
(In a flurry of green light, Morgause returns to Legion World, in front of the Psyonian Embassy)

What the hell?!?

What's going on? Where did all these bees come from? AHH, they're in my hair, they're in my hair!!!

KABOOM

Ehhh!

This is not fun!!!

AHHH!

Veneficus Navitas Attero Hostilis In Meus Semita

(A mystical blast destroys the bees in her nearby radius, setting off a vast series of explosions)

Damn.

Ingens Contego Molior Quod Servo

(A force field forms around her and those close to her, but it isn't enough, the casualties are vast, Morgause then leaves, heading towards the Security Office)

Let's see if these oafs are of any use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,941
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
lychanthrope
lychanthrope
Bristol IN USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star